Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Body found on western shore of river, going down stream. He was face up and seemed to have been stuck in the mud for a little while.

They don't know if the body was there when they searched.

It was in water but surrounded by mud on the bank

Difficult to tell if the body was there when they searched before.

Water of river rises and falls with rain. It could have been there or it could have been moved there by the water after the search.

So very sad. Such a huge loss, RIP Timothy.

Avid collector of crystals or rare stones. 3 of these were found in his pocket when he was found.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This part is really interesting to me as I wonder if these stones he collected were found in the river or near there. Perhaps he was collecting them and fell in? The current is reportedly very strong and the water would have been very cold in feb. This may be a tragic accident and nothing more than that. JMO.

I wonder if these stones he collected were found in the river or near there. Perhaps he was collecting them and fell in?JMO.

But are crystals and rare stones indigenous to that area where he went missing?

To everyone who provided information on the press conference, thank you. I was unable to watch it and appreciate knowing something more about the circumstances of Tim's death

This part is really interesting to me as I wonder if these stones he collected were found in the river or near there. Perhaps he was collecting them and fell in? The current is reportedly very strong and the water would have been very cold in feb. This may be a tragic accident and nothing more than that. JMO.

Maybe someone close to him is familiar with his collection and might also be familiar with his use of those particular stones. Were they to bring clarity? Healing? Peace? He just...went for a run and never came back. :(

My only hope is that the family can now connect some dots and find closure — rather than confusion or doubt. They know (and have always known) so much more than we do.

so very very sad for those who must live on now, without him, knowing he is not coming back... reliving wonderful memories... peace and love to this man's family and those who loved him. Tim is not suffering now, the pain is all for them to bear. May something good come from this loss, no matter how small... a conversation, a new awareness, a compassionate moment, a second thought... hugs all around. This was a tough thread for so many of us as we held onto hope.

But are crystals and rare stones indigenous to that area where he went missing?

IDK. Depends on what they are. Not sure how to take the detective's "rare" wording as he might not be aware how rare or how common they really are (and they did not identify or name the crystal/stone). This is the same LEO who said in the previous presser that we would have to ask someone else at the CDC for the difference between chronic and acute diseases... So I take his wording with a huge grain of salt. JMO.

I'm afraid the concerning conversations and disturbing text might all make sense now. Had it not been for all that mystery, I'd assume this may well simply be an accidental drowning. However, hearing about all of that, in conjunction with his personal and professional problems (mentioned by his dad), it makes me still lean towards a suicide. At any rate, I'm just so sorry for his family and friends. :(

Depending on what sort of rocks it was he collected, a quick search shows that the Chattahoochee has quite a lot of spots that are good for finding fossils and prehistoric sharks' teeth.

Such a terrible tragedy! My heart goes out to his family who must be absolutely devastated. If this was suicide by Timothy, I hope they never blame themselves in any way.

No matter what happened between all of them, if there ever were any disagreements, they are not responsible for any choices or decisions Timothy made.

None of us have the power to cause others to take their own lives.

Conflicts do not cause suicide in mentally healthy people.

From working with the mentally ill for over 15 years, I believe a suicidal person is mentally ill. They are not fully aware of the decisions they are making. They need help and compassion, not judgement.

It appears his family was doing everything they could. They too should receive compassion. Not judgement.

Again, it's a terrible tragedy all around...

JMO

JazzTune: Thank you for expressing this so very well.

Terrible news- I was so hoping for a good outcome to this story. It seems Timothy was such a bright young man, doing such good for the world. My condolences to the Cunningham family, my heart aches for their loss. Rest in peace, Dr. Timothy Cunningham.

RIP Tim, i hope you have found your peace, i feel incredibly sad that your life ended like this, i can only imagine how your family and friends are feeling, when you have this effect on complete strangers. That beautiful smile captured me.

I do feel the crystals found in his pocket were significant.

RIP dear Timothy Cunningham. My heart is heavy with sadness, but I hope that you are at peace. Prayers to all his friends and family members. Thanks to all who worked so hard on the case.

They don't know where he entered the river and probably will not be able to determine that.

They don't know why he left his ID at home.

Recovered three crystals in his pocket, he was an avid collector of these stones....

BBM - For me, it's always the small, personal little details that break my heart into pieces.

Rest in peace, Tim.

This is a very interesting point. I wonder what else he was wearing, in addition to the jogging shoes. If they found crystals in his pocket, that means his pants were still at least somewhat intact. I wonder whether he had any house keys with him.

Like others, I wonder what crystals they were and whether those crystals, or others he liked to collect, were found on the banks of the river. Or did he always carry those crystals?

I am still very curious about the possible "jogging" sighting. I guess someone could dress as if going for a jog and then go commit suicide. I mean, why not wear comfortable shoes on the way. But the house was left pretty much one would leave it as if going out or a jog. I guess he could've done that deliberately to create ambiguity. But despite the concerning messages and texts, I wonder whether he might've had some kind of accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735
Back