GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. why then would he make it a point to tell the husband to ask her to delete his number? Can we discuss the possible reasons? Because it's not a random statement. There's a reason. Even if it's just a way to say "I'll be gone so you won't need it."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hm. In terms of possibilities, let's first assume that the neighbor's wife is telling the truth. First, it seems completely normal to have the cell phone numbers of one's neighbors, and Cunningham may've had the cell number of the wife not the husband by chance or because she's around the neighborhood more than her husband.

If Cunningham had been having an affair with his neighbor's wife, would he have asked the husband to ask the wife to delete his (TC's) number from her phone? I guess maybe if she'd rejected him in some way, this could be a form of revenge, simultaneously ending an affair, letting the husband know it happened, and indicating one won't be around any more. Kind of seems unlikely, but who knows.

<modsnip>

On the other hand, if he was merely friendly with his neighbor's wife, he might've asked the husband to ask her to delete his cell phone number as a way of saying (as you suggest) "I'll be gone so you won't need it."

He might've spoken with the husband rather than the wife just by chance. If he intended self-harm, he may have expected or hoped for some pushback from the husband -- "Why, Timothy? Are you moving away? Are you getting a new phone?" Conversely, he might've asked the husband rather than the wife because he didn't want the kind of questioning that might dissuade him from acting.

(Of course, if the neighbors were involved in his disappearance in some way, they might say that as a cover story. But that seems extremely unlikely to me.)

All just my opinion and very speculative.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-em...m-odd-message-to-neighbor-day-he-disappeared/

I get the strange feeling that Tim was taken against his will.

Just my opinion, but I honestly can't imagine this being an indication of anything more than being neighbors. Timothy lived alone and I would expect that it was understood that neighbors would keep an eye on each other's property.

We do in our neighborhood. We all have each other's numbers as a friendly understanding to make the other aware if we see something out of the ordinary.

Besides, I can't imagine Timothy making this comment to the neighbor's husband if there were any reasons to be concerned about the fact that she had his number in her phone in the first place.

Not meaning to imply that you think there is. I understand the reasoning for your post completely. Just adding my thoughts about it all...

JMO

Well, there are many ways this could go and I would want to know the context of the conversation with the neighbor's husband and his past history with these neighbors. Here are my theories in no particular order:

Theory #1: A suicidal person might make comments along the lines of "forget you ever knew me" or "don't worry about me" prior to taking their life. They often believe they are doing the world a favor by killing themselves. "Tell your wife to remove my number from her phone" may have simply been Tim's way of saying she wouldn't be needing it anymore or he didn't want her to call him. Perhaps Tim mentioned he was home sick from work and perhaps the neighbor asked if he needed anything. Perhaps Tim's response was because he didn't want the neighbor to call and prevent him from doing what he was about to do and also a subtle way of saying they didn't need to worry about him.

Theory #2: Maybe there was a contentious relationship between Tim and the neighbors. Neighbors can be amazing friends who look out for you and your property or they can be your worst enemy. In which case, "Tell your wife to remove her number from my phone" could be a way of saying -- "stop bothering me". Was there a feud going on between Tim and the neighbors? That wouldn't necessarily point to the neighbor's involvement but it adds stress to Tim's life and would explain the odd comment. Perhaps he returned home felling sick and a neighbor who always pestered him talked to him-- feeling unwell, Tim might have said the thing about the phone number out of annoyance.

Theory #3: Maybe there was something more than neighborly friendship or maybe one party got the wrong impression there was more. I personally can't see there being any "relationship" with Tim and the neighbor lady, but someone who is over-jealous might take the comment about the phone number that way. Or perhaps she had been acting overly friendly and Tim was rejecting perceived advances by going through her husband instead of confronting her. In which case, the "Tell your wife to take my number out of her phone" might have set off anger in someone.

But, again, to guess at any of these scenarios requires more info. Context of the conversation--what else was said-- and past interactions with the neighbors are important pieces of the puzzle to determine what Tim might have meant. JMO.

Well, this latest news seems to indicate that Tim left voluntarily. Or it might indicate that he was considering harming himself at the time he made this remark. I would really like to know the neighbor's response and thoughts when this remark was made. If a neighbor made such a comment to me, my response would be to ask what was happening, where was he going etc. It's so telling, Tim's remark. It sounds like he wanted to talk to someone. What could have happened to create such a burden for this man ? Assuming that he does not have a history of emotional issues. jmo

<modsnip>

They may have initially exchanged numbers when they became neighbors and perhaps she was annoying with complaints. So Tim said something to the husband instead of telling her direct. Some people even say "lose my number".

I think Timothy was too honor able to have an affair with his neighbor's wife <modsnip>

Perhaps the husband took the comment the wrong way? <modsnip>

The national news (ABC) reported that authorities say there's no foul play but family and/or friends are offering a reward?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Authorities are saying there is no foul play. How can they know this when he hasn’t been found? I think they are saying the evidence they currently have indicates no foul play, but...

Authorities are saying there is no foul play. How can they know this when he hasn’t been found? I think they are saying the evidence they currently have indicates no foul play, but...

As I mentioned earlier, I think what they mean is that there is no evidence of foul play, such as signs of a break-in or a struggle.

In addition, the parents have clearly told the police about the recent communications by TC that concerned them. So the police may know that some other scenario, such as suicide, is more likely. That said, in the CBS piece, the police do say they aren't ruling anything out.

Authorities are saying there is no foul play. How can they know this when he hasn&#8217;t been found? I think they are saying the evidence they currently have indicates no foul play, but...

I suspect it&#8217;s because of the conversations/texts Tim shared with his family leading up to his disappearance that we are not privy to. The details haven&#8217;t been made public but it sounds like he gave his family reason to believe he was in some emotional distress. So LE is thinking it&#8217;s more likely than foul play that he voluntarily disappeared.

After reading what the neighbour said, I too got the feeling that there may have been something going on with lady neighbour and Tim. But after thinking about it, IF there was, why would she air her dirty laundry so publicly? Or is she still denying to her husband that anything went on and that's why she deemed Tim's comment to be so strange? Playing dumb?

Also, if I was going to a neighbours house for a quick visit, I would leave my personal belongings at home.

The more I think about this case, the more questions I have tbh :thinking:

I have a question. If LE doesn’t suspect foul play would they not use K9’s to possibly track his path from his home if he left on foot?

Rhetorically, I’m wondering if Timothy owned any firearms and if they’ve been accounted for?

Good question about the firearms.

I wondered whether they could use dogs too. It's been two weeks since he disappeared, so time and rain might've significantly decreased his scent trail.

Also, if he usually walks around the neighborhood, it might be hard for dogs to distinguish a new scent from previous ones. On the other hand, if he rarely walks around the neighborhood, maybe they could pick something up.

If he is deceased, whether through suicide or foul play, a cadaver dog might be helpful, especially if he's on land. He also might be in the Chattahoochee River or some other body of water. :-/

There's lots of good ideas here about the neighbor lady having Timothy's phone number. I'm not meaning to put down anyone else's opinion, as they're all plausible.

However, I can't imagine the neighbor lady volunteering this information to the news media if she was related to this in any way. She would have had to have known she'd be inviting this type of scrutiny.

If that would have been the case, it seems logical to believe she would have done everything in her power to AVOID that scenario.

Since she did share this with the news media so openly though, I have to believe it was simply a situation of neighbors exchanging numbers to look out for each other...

ETA: Grapey, just saw your post. You said it better than I did. You made good points too, ( though I still believe this was nothing more than neighborly concern... )

JMO

Hm. In terms of possibilities, let's first assume that the neighbor's wife is telling the truth. First, it seems completely normal to have the cell phone numbers of one's neighbors, and Cunningham may've had the cell number of the wife not the husband by chance or because she's around the neighborhood more than her husband.

If Cunningham had been having an affair with his neighbor's wife, would he have asked the husband to ask the wife to delete his (TC's) number from her phone? I guess maybe if she'd rejected him in some way, this could be a form of revenge, simultaneously ending an affair, letting the husband know it happened, and indicating one won't be around any more. Kind of seems unlikely, but who knows.

<modsnip>

On the other hand, if he was merely friendly with his neighbor's wife, he might've asked the husband to ask her to delete his cell phone number as a way of saying (as you suggest) "I'll be gone so you won't need it."

He might've spoken with the husband rather than the wife just by chance. If he intended self-harm, he may have expected or hoped for some pushback from the husband -- "Why, Timothy? Are you moving away? Are you getting a new phone?" Conversely, he might've asked the husband rather than the wife because he didn't want the kind of questioning that might dissuade him from acting.

(Of course, if the neighbors were involved in his disappearance in some way, they might say that as a cover story. But that seems extremely unlikely to me.)

All just my opinion and very speculative.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-em...m-odd-message-to-neighbor-day-he-disappeared/

Another possibility: it can be interpreted as paranoid thought: Tell her to delete my number so "they" won't find it. Or "they" won't know we're friends.

Evidence of disordered thoughts? I've had a Teleka Patrick feeling about this lately. Successful, high achieving, high standards, lots of pressure, and then a mental break. :( Nonetheless, trying to keep positive thoughts that he will be found safe, because we certainly need more people with talents and abilities like his in this world.

I asked about Timothy's possible romantic partners in the last thread...I wonder if perhaps a relationship that might have been disapproved of by his close-knit family caused him internal strife.

Perhaps he shared his situation/feelings with the neighbor more than other friends or family? He was bitter about what he saw as bad advice she gave him?

Just brainstorming.

Let's creative a timeline for the last day TC was seen.

5:41 am - TC sends a text to his mom who has her ringer turned off.

The last two people to see Timothy alive are his next door neighbors? What time did TC speak with his neighbor?
How was TC dressed when he spoke with his neighbor? In street clothes or his uniform?

What happened after Timothy left work at midday? When he arrived at his house, did he go inside first, then walk over to the neighbor's house to deliver a message? Did TC knock on their door or was his neighbor standing in his yard when TC come over? It's a little bit odd that Timothy's neighbor happened to be at home when TC arrived being that it was a work day. Did he see TC leave? Where direction did TC go in?

If Timothy left work at midday, at the start of his lunch break, he might have said he was leaving and not coming back. jmo

The last two people to see Timothy alive are his next door neighbors?
How was TC dressed when he spoke with his neighbor? In street clothes or his uniform?

What happened after Timothy left work at midday? When he arrived at his house, did he go inside first, then walk over to the neighbor's house to deliver a message? Did TC knock on their door or was his neighbor standing in his yard when TC come over? It's a little bit odd that Timothy's neighbor happened to be at home when TC arrived being that it was a work day. Did he see TC leave? Where direction did TC go in?

If Timothy left work at midday, at the start of his lunch break, he might have said he was leaving and not coming back. jmo
Crosby do you think he wears a uniform every day to work? That sounds quite oppressive. I have no idea what officers at the CDC wears. As someone else said I can imagine someone wearing a uniform would not be well received in the communities he was trying to help.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Crosby do you think he wears a uniform every day to work? That sounds quite oppressive. I have no idea what officers at the CDC wears. As someone else said I can imagine someone wearing a uniform would not be well received in the communities he was trying to help.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

In one of the reports I read it said they didn't know if TC was wearing his uniform when he disappeared.
Now that we know he talked to his next door neighbor before he disappeared, his neighbor can describe what he had on..

Another possibility: it can be interpreted as paranoid thought: Tell her to delete my number so "they" won't find it. Or "they" won't know we're friends.

Evidence of disordered thoughts? I've had a Teleka Patrick feeling about this lately. Successful, high achieving, high standards, lots of pressure, and then a mental break. :( Nonetheless, trying to keep positive thoughts that he will be found safe, because we certainly need more people with talents and abilities like his in this world.
Everything you said is what I was thinking about this, he sounds like he was paranoid and having disordered thinking.

I hope his case doesn't turn out like Teleka's though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member