GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i noticed that too...thats new information i think? last time anyone said they SAW him was at work, right?

Police told Channel 2 Action News they believe he was last seen near Bolton Road in northwest Atlanta.

Is Bolton Rd. where he lived?

Is Bolton Rd. where he lived?

His house is close to Bolton Road. So to say he was last seen "near Bolton Road" does add the info that he was last seen near his home. But it doesn't say much else such as exactly where he was seen, what direction he was headed in, when that was, what he was wearing, etc. I'm guessing it means he was seen walking, but that isn't specified either.

Thinking of Timothy and his family and his poor sweet dog Bo. The picture of Bo on the thread in Tapatalk just kills me, the poor thing just looks so forlorn. I hope something is found in the search today.

I suspect suicide, heartbreakingly. As a former career-obsessed woman whose life used to revolve around my achievements and titles, I can relate all to well to an unexpected disappointment like this. I engaged in some seriously self-destructive behavior when I was let go unexpectedly, and I'm sure it didn't help that everyone knew who got the promotion and that he didn't - perhaps the humiliation was too much for him OR he was also battling some other personal things (as his family alluded too) or undiagnosed depression that made him snap. I hope he is just taking a break, but I don't feel that. All this is just my speculation of course. I'm glad regardless that there is a search.

Thinking of Timothy and his family and his poor sweet dog Bo. The picture of Bo on the thread in Tapatalk just kills me, the poor thing just looks so forlorn. I hope something is found in the search today.

I suspect suicide, heartbreakingly. As a former career-obsessed woman whose life used to revolve around my achievements and titles, I can relate all to well to an unexpected disappointment like this. I engaged in some seriously self-destructive behavior when I was let go unexpectedly, and I'm sure it didn't help that everyone knew who got the promotion and that he didn't - perhaps the humiliation was too much for him OR he was also battling some other personal things (as his family alluded too) or undiagnosed depression that made him snap. I hope he is just taking a break, but I don't feel that. All this is just my speculation of course. I'm glad regardless that there is a search.

that dog is absolutely adoreable, poor thing :(

This area where they are searching today, where is it in relation to where he lived and where he worked?
Re the last sighting it may have been in his car, I guess even seeing what direction he was heading is a clue.

Glad to hear there is a search effort today and the updated news he was last seen around the area where he lives Instead of work area might help to locate him sooner rater than later.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Having had some clinical experience with suicide, I think it’s important to point out that it can happen to absolutely anyone, from any background, with any job. Some applicable risk factors*** are:

- Existing mental health conditions (increases)
- Acute severe stressors (increases)
- Strong family/friend support network (decreases)
- Pet, dependents (decreases)

Whoever said that logic is not the logic you’d expect in a suicidal crisis is coming at it from the right perspective, and I’m truly sorry you had to experience this firsthand. Having a pet and/or dependents somewhat protects people in this state, but doesn’t mean they won’t get carried away as this is an extraordinarily intense situation.

It’s all just guessing at this point. The only thing that would sway me either way would be information about previous mental conditions. We’ll likely never get that information, but I would be surprised if relatives were unaware of something that did exist. Military or not, these things tend to come out.

Would someone with some experience in cell phones as they relate to investigations mind answering my question above? I know a lot of us are just stopping by for this case, but there must be someone who reads enough of these things to have a sense of what exactly is done when performing a search of someone’s smartphone and/or phone records.

***Risk factors only change likelihood, do not determine outcome

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...iends-start-new-search-for-missing-cdc-worker
Police and friends have started a new search for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention researcher who disappeared more than three weeks ago.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/p...site_navigation&utm_campaign=homestream_click
WSB-TV reports police and friends met at the Stanford building near Mercer University Saturday afternoon to look for 35-year-old Timothy Cunningham. Police told the station they believe Cunningham was last seen near Bolton Road in northwest Atlanta.

What did I miss out on? In the beginning of the story, iirc, it stated he had just gotten a promotion.

Was this a mistake?

The July 2017 promotion was for his rank in USPHS and the promotion that he did not get was for his position (he is currently a team lead and was being considered for a branch chief).

:bump: to clarify question above re promotion.

I wonder if he told the supervisor to shove their job, and they are just being polite saying he said he was sick.
Did he have a work phone, did he leave it at work?
I think now he knew exactly what his intention for the day was, before he got up on Monday.
I think he planned it all during those last four days at home.

Quote initially posted by kiwi50. "I wonder if he told the supervisor to shove their job, and they are just being polite saying he said he was sick.
Did he have a work phone, did he leave it at work?
I think now he knew exactly what his intention for the day was, before he got up on Monday.
I think he planned it all during those last four days at home."

I thought the same thing (telling the supervisor to shove it) and totally agree that he probably spent the previous 4 days dwelling on how to handle the Monday meeting with his supervisor and what his plan would be. I may be wrong, but I thought it had been mentioned earlier that his work phone had not been located, but can't remember where I read or heard this.....does anyone else recall this?

Even so, it is the leaving of all personal belongings including his beloved pet. We've all lost or walked out on a job...the difference is; we went home and regrouped and found new lives. We coped, but Timothy did not. I think about him every day and hope he is found. I was clamoring inside or a grid search. Always sad that locals friends and family is left to search instead of LE. Parks need 5o be searched, trees and brush.

Cops and concerned friends of CDC worker Timothy Cunningham, who mysteriously vanished nearly three weeks ago, kicked off a search Saturday afternoon to find him.

The search party met Saturday at Mercer University's campus, according to ABC News' affiliate WSBTV.

The location is around two miles from where Cunningham, an Ivy League-trained epidemiologist disappeared after leaving work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Feb. 12.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-friends-family-start-search-missing-cdc-employee/story?id=53490772

Even so, it is the leaving of all personal belongings including his beloved pet. We've all lost or walked out on a job...the difference is; we went home and regrouped and found new lives. We coped, but Timothy did not. I think about him every day and hope he is found. I was clamoring inside or a grid search. Always sad that locals friends and family is left to search instead of LE. Parks need 5o be searched, trees and brush.

I’ve had to get help twice for major depression/suicidal ideation while working. There is not much worse than returning to work when co-workers know you were not out conventionally sick. Never having achieved Tim’s level of success, there really may not be a graceful way to get treatment and come back to work. It sounds like a competitive environment where a lot is happening.

I found out this week, after searching for almost 30 years, that my birth father had committed suicide many years ago. It feels like blunt force trauma to get news like this. The only reason I have heard so far is that he felt things more deeply than other people do.

Just hope if Tim is alive that he knows he can return to life. Maybe not the exact same life, but one with purpose and dignity.

I wonder if Tim left Bo alone in their house when he went to work every day. I wonder if a neighbor or perhaps Tim dropped in during the day and took care of Bo? Wasn’t Bo Tim’s only pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne