GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things are bothering me. First, it was reported "Cunningham was not seen on CDC surveillance cameras leaving the facility, nor was he captured on camera pulling his car into his garage." So has it ever been clarified whether TC ever left the facility? We assume he went home because his car was there but maybe he went to work by some other means.

Second, it was reported TC is 5'11" and weighed 230 lbs. According to an online BMI calculator TC is obese. He works in chronic disease prevention. Obesity is a chronic disease; could he have been denied the promotion because of his weight?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ion-before-disappearance-police-say/708133686

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...dc-employee-missing-since-monday/85-519865321

Good point about his weight/health, Han, he may have been sensitive about it. We always look for weight loss as a sign of stress/depression but weight gain (self-medicating stress with food) can equally be a symptom.

Apologies if already posted but John Lordan has done a Searchlight video on Timothy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqowmk4ADY

Two things are bothering me. First, it was reported "Cunningham was not seen on CDC surveillance cameras leaving the facility, nor was he captured on camera pulling his car into his garage." So has it ever been clarified whether TC ever left the facility? We assume he went home because his car was there but maybe he went to work by some other means.

Second, it was reported TC is 5'11" and weighed 230 lbs. According to an online BMI calculator TC is obese. He works in chronic disease prevention. Obesity is a chronic disease; could he have been denied the promotion because of his weight?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...ion-before-disappearance-police-say/708133686

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...dc-employee-missing-since-monday/85-519865321

I wish we knew for sure how he went to work the last mornibg. If he didnt take his car, i think he will be found closer to his work, and if he did take car, then bring it home, think he will be nearby home.

I wish we knew for sure how he went to work the last mornibg. If he didnt take his car, i think he will be found closer to his work, and if he did take car, then bring it home, think he will be nearby home.
Why does it matter how he went to work?
His ID, cell phone and keys were found in his home.
He walked out with the clothes on his back and nothing else.
Think McStay family....
Well, even their vehicle was planted at the border.
Dog left behind.

Where can you go for an extended period of time without any access to money, no transportation, no change of clothes and no way to expect to buy clothes.
How would he eat?
Why would he not check in on his dog?
Or at the very least provide food and water in case it was a week or more before he returned?
There IS a reason the upper windows were open.
Did he do it or did someone else?
I believe that this will end up being him, forced by someone he knew and trusted to meet them somewhere. He voluntarily went with someone, knowing he could leave his ID and credit cards behind.
He expected to be back with his dog shortly!

Whoever this person was disappeared him.

IMO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This news piece, and other recent ones, have said that police "believe Cunningham was last seen near Bolton Road in northwest Atlanta, where he lives." Given that he was definitely seen at work, that would imply that he was seen near his home after work. When he called his mother that day at 9:12am (and she did not pick up), he may have been on his way home; maybe they can trace from where he made the call.

While it's possible that he went to work some other way and therefore didn't necessarily go home, I think it's likely that he did drive to work and home again before disappearing. I hope the police will clarify this in the future.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/police-friends-start-new-search-for-missing-cdc-worker/710328180

Why does it matter how he went to work?
His ID, cell phone and keys were found in his home.
He walked out with the clothes on his back and nothing else.
Think McStay family....
Well, even their vehicle was planted at the border.
Dog left behind.

Where can you go for an extended period of time without any access to money, no transportation, no change of clothes and no way to expect to buy clothes.
How would he eat?
Why would he not check in on his dog?
Or at the very least provide food and water in case it was a week or more before he returned?
There IS a reason the upper windows were open.
Did he do it or did someone else?
I believe that this will end up being him, forced by someone he knew and trusted to meet them somewhere. He voluntarily went with someone, knowing he could leave his ID and credit cards behind.
He expected to be back with his dog shortly!

Whoever this person was disappeared him.

IMO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It could make a big difference, if he didnt take his car to work, it cant be proved he came back home from work.

A search party was launched Saturday. Family, friends, and police searched a wooded area near a CDC office in Atlanta. A K9 unit and professional rescue volunteers also went on the search, but there was no sign of Cunningham.

His supervisor on Feb. 12 explained to him why he didn’t get the position.

Police said last Tuesday they don’t believe foul play was involved. However, police revealed Cunningham was upset he didn’t get a job promotion he wanted before his mysterious disappearance.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...for-missing-cdc-employee-in-atlanta/23376575/

It could make a big difference, if he didnt take his car to work, it cant be proved he came back home from work.

Except that he tried to call his mother after he left work, and his cell phone was found in his home. That, to me, strongly suggests that he made it home after he left work.

Except that he tried to call his mother after he left work, and his cell phone was found in his home. That, to me, strongly suggests that he made it home after he left work.

Great point!

I suspect hanging, but I want to know if Timothy had a rented storage facility.

How did his personal effects get home, including his cell phone he or someone used at 9:12 am after he left work?

I hope it wasn’t Tim in the yellow river but I just wanted to point out that Mercer University used to be in Covington,GA (the place where the body was found in the river) and I believe I read on here Tim worked at the Mercer CDC location. I believe the university location in Covington recently closed but I wonder if the Covington area was familiar to him because of that connection. The location isn’t really that far away from Atlanta. I know several people who live out there and drive to the city every day. Either way it’s a terrible situation for whomever was found in the river.

That CDC campus is located next to the new Mercer campus. The local news said that Tim used to work at a building at the cdc campus by Mercer (in Chamblee but it’s called University Park Campus) so I’m guessing that’s why they did a search there. His current job is at the Chamblee campus (a different campus a couple miles away).

Thanks for pointing this out, Gussified. Great observation.

I also found the following quote by Atlanta police Major Michael O'Connor:
“‘We've checked his swipe card activity. We know the last time he clocked in or out of the CDC.’” (BBM)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timoth...er-passed-over-promotion-disappearing-police/

So while this does not necessarily indicate Timothy made it home that day, it appears that he at least exited the CDC building after meeting with his boss.

I wanted to say I totally agree with the post about the possible family dynamic. If I remember correctly his father said his texts/conversations with him in the days prior to him going missing left him feeling concerned about his son. Not an exact quote but it was along those same lines. I know that I always felt like there were certain expectations of me by family. If I were as successful as Tim and wanted to quit my job and do something that made way less money and wasn't as secure of a job as working at the cdc, my parents would have been concerned if I mentioned it to them. (trying to explain my thoughts here lol). For example, if he told them he was thinking about quitting his job and moving to the beach to work as a school teacher, they would most likely not look highly on that. This is a totally random scenario but I'm thinking maybe he did just go off the radar for a while to escape the pressure of his job and family. Many things don't point in that direction though. He is most likely very financially secure because he is single and has a great job. I am sure they are looking at his financial stuff to see if there's any clues.
Also, I don't think the meeting with the supervisor is what was the breaking point, if there was a breaking point. Because he told the neighbor to delete his number prior to that meeting.
These are really rambling thoughts but I can't seem to get Tim off my mind and wanted to throw out my thoughts here

Thank you. I did not know he told his neighbor that prior to meeting with his supervisor. I agree with your thought process.

Someone voiced their concerns about if we are sure he left the CDC. I didn't know that he spoke to his neighbor prior to meeting with his manager ( I hope this is correct, as I read it earlier in the thread.) Also I know often times in government bldgs, your phone signal can be weak or not work. For example, say he called his mom and it ringed 3 times and the phone never rung on his mothers end. This has happened to me personally, for example Ive called people and their phone has rung countless times yet they say it only rung once. I think it is worth noting to pinpoint his phone location and even the last time his phone connected to wifi. My phone will automatically go to wifi, when I get home and they could be stamped with Verizon as a trail as well.

OK, just brainstorming......did Tim drive to the CDC Monday morning alone? I'm finding it hard to believe, as secure as the CDC campus is, that parking deck surveillance videos didn't pick up his car on camera somewhere as it drove through that building. Someone could have dropped him off close to the campus, and he walked to and from the meeting, then that person waited & picked him up after the meeting at a pre-designated location. My thinking...... It's possible that he knew he would be angry & upset after the meeting so rode with a "trusted" person to Chamblee CDC on Monday for support. They may or may not have been in Tims own car ..... so it could be that his car never left his house for the meeting. It does appear that he came back home, but by himself? Or another possibility..... it's possible that LE is holding back something that seen on parking garage video surveillance.

As mentioned by a few others, I, too, have been wondering for a while now why the Chattahoochee River has not been searched.

One thing that kind of stood out to me is:
“‘We've looked at the browser history on his desktop computer at work to make sure there's nothing suspicious on it,’ O'Connor said.”
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timoth...er-passed-over-promotion-disappearing-police/

It appears all of the past searches have focused on wooded areas. Perhaps they discovered -I hate even mentioning this ...- Timothy had been researching various suicide methods, and drowning wasn’t one of them. Or maybe on his phone or home computer.

After three weeks, if this were my child, I would probably hire my own divers and have them search the river.

Several others have pointed out the similarities between this case and Taleka Patrick’s. I live 45 minutes away from where she was living, and her car was found 45 minutes away in the opposite direction, close to a pond. Taleka’s is the case that brought me to WS, and being very familiar with the facts of the case, I would always say to myself, “She has got to be in there,” whenever I would drive by that location.

During the five months that she was missing, her parents hired two different PI’s, both of whom primarily went looking for her at various shelters. Once sprin came, she was found in the very pond by a fisherman.

Thank you. I did not know he told his neighbor that prior to meeting with his supervisor. I agree with your thought process.

Just to clarify...the interaction with the neighbor was a day or two before the meeting with the supervisor.

Police said last Tuesday they don’t believe foul play was involved.
This has been bugging me. I’ve seen this reported several times. But, that is not what they said in the presser. I just watched it again to be sure. In the q&a section, a reporter asked, “There’s no evidence of any foul play?” And O’Connor replied, “There is none. There’s no evidence suggesting anything.”

Evidence of foul play might include signs of a struggle, a broken lock, a pool of blood. But there’s none of that. Doesn’t necessarily mean police don’t believe there’s foul play, just that there’s no evidence to suggest it.

Maybe I’m just being picky, but I think the media is misstating what the police said.

Edited to correct exact quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member