GA GA - Travis Rawlins, 33, lives in the woods, stopped contacting family, Covington, 2 May 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
345072818_628827305778324_4346498719557593049_n.jpg

MISSING PERSON

Travis Rawlins was last seen on May 2, 2023, in the area of Green Valley Farm Road. His family has not been able to contact him since that time.

He has been living in the woods in the area of Highway 11, Highway 278, and Interstate 20.

He was last seen wearing dark blue shirt and blue sweat pants. Additionally, he does have a black hoodie.

If any contact, please notify Cpl. Mickey Kitchens at 678-625-1515 or mkitchens@newtonsheriffga.org, or contact the Newton County Sheriff's Office.

Case Photo

Height
6'-0" - 6'-1" (72 - 73 inches)
Weight
140 - 150 lbs

Tattoo: Initials "RR" tattooed on the ring finger, "Braxton" tattooed on one calf, has another tattoo on the other calf, a cross on one arm and a dog paw on the other

Circumstances of Disappearance
Travis Rawlins left the Green Valley Farm road area of Newton County on May 2, 2023, and no one has been able to locate him since that time. Travis had been living in the woods in the area of the interstate.

JUN 6, 2023
... area searches on foot and via drone using video and thermal imaging have proven to be unsuccessful in locating him.

Travis and maybe his wife's Facebook? It's the same photo as on some of the missing pics. Changed April 17.

There's a Newton County jail log from March 2023 that shows a Travis Rawlins, 33, of Social Circle (same county) being arrested on March 10, but there seems to be a typo as far as cause.

Travis K. Rawlins, 33, Alcovy Tresle, Social Circle was arrested March 10 weekender

If that is the same Travis, based on the address, he went through a divorce in 2019, with some adjustments to the custody arrangement in 2022. Address was listed as above in Social Circle both times. I can't be conclusive, but I believe he may have some other legal struggles in surrounding counties. If so, that may help explain his odd living circumstances, and give him a reason to be voluntarily missing. However, in that case, you'd maybe think his family would be hesitant to out his location.

AUG 18, 2023
[...]

The Georgia Department of Natural Resources confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that the sheriff’s office asked for their assistance to search the water near Ga. 11 and US 278.

The DNR says deputies are searching for 33-year-old Travis Rawlins, who disappeared in May and liked to fish in the ponds.

NewsChopper 2 flew over the area and spotted K-9 units also assisting. ...

MAY 3, 2024
It was one year ago Ronda Rawlins last received a phone call from her son.

“I talked to him every day. Good morning good night. I love you. I miss you,” Ronda said “It’s been terrible. I want to hear his voice.”

Her son, Travis Rawlins was last seen having dinner with his girlfriend. According to the family, the girlfriend said the two had dinner, she went to work, and when she returned, he was gone.

“I know he would not have just walked off and disappeared,” Stephanie Jackson, Travis’ sister, said. “There has to be dramatic for something for him to be gone this long.”

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artificiallife86