GA - Trent Lehrkamp, 19, victim of extreme hazing, St. Simons Island, 21 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is so frightening to me. I have a 12 year old son who is “friends” with the popular boy group in school. And by “friends” I mean, he is allowed to be a part of their group text chat but 50% of the time they’re just making fun of him. Also, by “friends” I mean they will occasionally let him go to their house to hang out, but half the time it ends in him getting de-pantsed, teased, body-slammed, etc. And yet, he goes back for more. Over and over. We try to talk to him about what real friends are like, how he shouldn’t let people treat him like a doormat, how he needs to have some self-respect, etc. Sometimes we even go the tough love route and either ban him from hanging out with them or straight up telling him that they aren’t his friends and they just want him around to pick on him.

It’s so frustrating to see your child willingly and knowingly put themselves into harmful situations and it scares me to think that these “friends” of my son’s could escalate their behavior to this level in just a few years.
When my son was that age he was painfully shy and pretty much hung with neighborhood kids. We were a busy family and spent lots of weekends on dirt bikes or out on the river boating. One thing he loved was roller skating, he would be upset if we were 5 minutes late getting him to the rink. Try and get your son into an activity away from these “friends”. Sign him up for boxing classes, or anything that he would enjoy to keep him busy. School sports are helpful also, they make new friends when they are on teams.

Is the alleged video available? Thank you.

Based on the photo from the link on page 1, 1st post in this thread, it is my opinion he did not consent to much of what happened to him.

IF he did willingly drink alcohol at first, (IMO to "fit in") then he became too vulnerable to "consent" to abusive treatment.

It makes more sense to me that they hosed him off to try to get rid of evidence before taking him to the hospital than that he said yeah, sure, spray me down with cold water from a hose.

Once in high school I was at a party with alcohol. We sang karaoke and played music. No one was harmed. These teenagers are dangerous people. The victim- blaming and under-reaction in this case isn't acceptable.
My opinions only.

Is the alleged video available? Thank you.

Based on the photo from the link on page 1, 1st post in this thread, it is my opinion he did not consent to much of what happened to him.

IF he did willingly drink alcohol at first, (IMO to "fit in") then he became too vulnerable to "consent" to abusive treatment.

It makes more sense to me that they hosed him off to try to get rid of evidence before taking him to the hospital than that he said yeah, sure, spray me down with cold water from a hose.

Once in high school I was at a party with alcohol. We sang karaoke and played music. No one was harmed. These teenagers are dangerous people. The victim- blaming and under-reaction in this case isn't acceptable.
My opinions only.
The incident in which he was hosed was a previous one, not the incident in which he ended up needing to go to the hospital.

Last edited:
When my son was that age he was painfully shy and pretty much hung with neighborhood kids. We were a busy family and spent lots of weekends on dirt bikes or out on the river boating. One thing he loved was roller skating, he would be upset if we were 5 minutes late getting him to the rink. Try and get your son into an activity away from these “friends”. Sign him up for boxing classes, or anything that he would enjoy to keep him busy. School sports are helpful also, they make new friends when they are on teams.
The unfortunate thing about sports teams is these kids are on the teams too, even in rec league. He adores playing sports so it’s unfortunately not something he can avoid. Although I think he’s going to be forced to avoid it eventually. Our school district seems to pick those popular kids or kids with influential parents or siblings to be on the school sports teams so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t make the cut, regardless of his skill. I’ve thought about signing him up for boxing or karate, something he can do own his own to get away from them for awhile so that’s a good idea. He has started to take golf lessons which is going really well!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620
Back