GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The aunt is the mother’s sister. It sounded like she tried to help as much as she could while living in Florida.
Thanks!
I wonder if she tried to get CG to live with her?
For her sake I hope she did because she claims to be aware of what took place in his home life.
Anyone know where his younger brother and sister are now?
Whenever the divorce took place they went with their mother and CG stayed with the father.

Are the family statements in MSM on the father's side or the mother's side? It hasn't been clear to me. Paternal family members of the shooter or maternal family members of the shooter? Or both?

ETA If its the maternal family members of the shooter, we may be seeing some bias in their remarks. From what we know of both parents at this point, there is certainly enough blame to go around.

A few posts previously the maternal grandfather speaks out.

A former landlord to the parents of accused Georgia school shooter, Colt Gray, has portrayed the family as both cold hearted and callous.

The man, who spoke on condition of anonymity, described how Colin, 54, and Marcee Gray, 43, were allegedly chaotic tenants to deal with and he ultimately had them evicted.

Even more shockingly, he said, when the now estranged couple fell behind on their rent and were forced from their rental home in 2020, they decided to leave their pets behind, only returning to retrieve their guns - and allegedly kicking down the front door as they did so.

This is not the same landlord who thought dad was trying to be a standup guy while mom was leaving the kids locked out in cold weather and passed out in her car while it was still running.
Reading this from the ex-landlord and thinking about the 3 children was making me nauseous.

"Meanwhile, Mom, Marcee Gray, is said to be cooperating with investigators, but has not charged with any crime".

Thanks for that info and it doesn't sound like rocket-science to track an account holder.

In one article I read LE said they couldn't be sure whose IP it was and that the user had a Russian language name which is the same name in English as an infamous school shooter but they didn't name the name.

Another article said that the account was traced to CG, so???

I think the 2023 investigation may be coming back to bite them, at least the local LE.

IIRC: There's been 2 other school shootings where the FBI had been called to report concerning behaviors , online a and off and they dropped the ball and the assumed 2 suspects went on to carry out shootings
The school shooter referenced was Adam Lanza.

From what I could piece together, they traced the email address associated with the account to a previous address of CG's and passed the information along to the local sheriff's office, who did the ultimate interviews. The IP addresses on the account seemed to bounce around Georgia and the United States. CG claimed he was being hacked, didn't speak Russian, didn't use Discord anymore because he got hacked so much. His dad backed him up, and said that they both take this sort of thing seriously, they have frank talks about firearms and how to handle them, how dangerous they are... and the local LE basically took them at their word and urged the father to make sure CG was staying out of trouble.

The father then bought CG an AR-15 about seven months later as a Christmas present.

I don't think local LE had very much to go on, and there didn't seem to be enough probable cause to really go further with the investigation. Even if red flag laws were in place, for instance, I'm not sure the facts here would have met the threshold for confiscation because LE couldn't show that CG was actually the one that made the threats.

JMO

Classmate Bri Jones, 14, said Gray quietly left the room and she almost let him back inside before noticing he was brandishing an AR-style weapon.

'As I was looking at the door, he was pulling his gun out, and then I froze up, like I froze up and I said "no" to myself,' Jones told CNN. 'He would have got every single one of us in that class.'

Jones said she almost opened the door, but stopped herself thanks to a tip from her mother.

'I always look out the door before I open it… it's a habit my mom taught me,' she said.

Although she saw the gun, Jones said her teacher urged her to open the door 'because she didn’t know he had a gun because she was at her desk.'

'She was going to walk over there, open it, and I was like, "no, he has a gun,"' Jones said.

Students said when Gray failed to enter his own classroom, he opened fire into the one next door as their door was open.

At that moment, teacher Richard Aspinwall was shot dead in front of his horrified class, which student Malaysia Mitchell said left her traumatized.

'We had to drag our teacher's body fully into the classroom,' she told CNN. 'We heard him take his last breath.'

The school shooter referenced was Adam Lanza.

From what I could piece together, they traced the email address associated with the account to a previous address of CG's and passed the information along to the local sheriff's office, who did the ultimate interviews. The IP addresses on the account seemed to bounce around Georgia and the United States. CG claimed he was being hacked, didn't speak Russian, didn't use Discord anymore because he got hacked so much. His dad backed him up, and said that they both take this sort of thing seriously, they have frank talks about firearms and how to handle them, how dangerous they are... and the local LE basically took them at their word and urged the father to make sure CG was staying out of trouble.

The father then bought CG an AR-15 about seven months later as a Christmas present.

I don't think local LE had very much to go on, and there didn't seem to be enough probable cause to really go further with the investigation. Even if red flag laws were in place, for instance, I'm not sure the facts here would have met the threshold for confiscation because LE couldn't show that CG was actually the one that made the threats.

JMO
Do you think the FBI could have helped pinpoint the author of those threats, had local LE or GBI reached out? I was thinking about this today. I do think that the Dad and LE believed what he told them. What trouble has he been in at school before this shooting? Has that been published yet? Any contact with LE other than that interview about the online threats?

Reading this from the ex-landlord and thinking about the 3 children was making me nauseous.

"Meanwhile, Mom, Marcee Gray, is said to be cooperating with investigators, but has not charged with any crime".
That picture of the "father" standing by the hay bale with two little boys looks so normal. We know now that it wasn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back