GA - Winder - Apalachee High School school shooting, 4 dead, 9 injured *father and son arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, the goal here was to alert the parent to a concern. It was not supposed to be confrontational, after all, the child had not broken any laws. And LEO did their job, although, I think that the child should have been evaluated by a professional for danger to himself and others. And based on that assessment, a judge could have mandated counseling. They didn't go there.

Police are not professionally trained professional psychologists, and I think that the mental health aspect is often minimized by law enforcement. They really were making a "judgement" call on mental health, and should have made sure that the child was actually assessed by a psychologist. MOO.

I guess that they "assumed" that the parent was responsible and would take the alert seriously. I think that they could have also offered trigger locks at the time for his guns. Out of an abundance of caution. I know our police department has boxes of those, anyone who wants a handful can have them for free.
Yes, ours does, too. That would have been a great thing to have with them and to offer. I like your idea.

Yes, ours does, too. That would have been a great thing to have with them and to offer. I like your idea.

Thank you. MOO is that every single gun in the United States should be secured with a trigger lock. Guns should come with one. That would solve many of the problems we have with unsecured guns.

No trigger lock on gun, and it was used in any type of incident with an injury, automatic one year sentence. No excuses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back