GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thats gonna be something law makers will have to figure out.

Unless they spend billions to turn schools into bulletproof bunkers, this stuff is gonna keep happening
I think you can do things to minimize how often these things occur, and how deadly they are, but you’ll never be able to stop them entirely. Young people have had the ability to shoot up schools for decades and decades, but it’s a more recent phenomenon that they actually carry it out.

It’s like this didn’t even occur to anyone until other kids started doing it.

Apalachee High School has nearly 1,900 students in grades 9-12.

The school is in the city of Winder, about 45 miles northeast of Atlanta

Apalachee High School has about 1,900 students, according to records from Georgia education officials. It became Barrow County’s second-largest public high school when it opened in 2000, according to the Barrow County School System. It’s named after the Apalachee River on the southern edge of Barrow County

I am also interested in how this will affect the policies so many school districts want to implement about confiscating cellphones at schools.

Another school shooting, in the United States. I am interested in the response by Department of Education, for a proactive plan going forward to keep staff and children safe in schools.
yeah, do not think it is just "schools." the heart has gone out of people... well, some people. we have this in malls and on streets. it is a modern phenomenon I think, though people have been killed throughout history.

John Miller says on CNN that the shooter is “student aged,” 4 deceased.

30 injured, with the caveat that injuries can occur from fleeing, etc. Not necessarily by gunfire.

This is the one that has made me realise I'm completely desensitised to school shootings as my first thought was "oh another one". Until something is done to enable meaningful change, this will keep happening over and over again.

Thoughts are with the families and victims. I can't even imagine the fear.

Another school shooting, in the United States. I am interested in the response by Department of Education, for a proactive plan going forward to keep staff and children safe in schools.
I think if the babies lost in Sandy Hook ~12 years ago didn't shake people into change, we're stuck where we are, unfortunately.

Curious about how the perp smuggled the weapon into the building , as they obviously didn't walk in there openly carrying.
Sounds like a fellow student carried this out, which as a minor we may not hear too much about, regarding the perp, until the trial ?

My utmost condolences to the families who are getting the worst news of their lives today. :(
Prayers for the wounded, physically and emotionally.
Omo.

Last edited:
Curious about how the perp smuggled the weapon into the building , as they obviously didn't walk in there openly carrying.
Sounds like a fellow student carried this out, which as a minor we may not hear too much until the trial ?

My utmost condolences to the families who are getting the worst news of their lives today. :(
Prayers for the wounded, physically and emotionally.
Omo.
I expect we will receive information about the perp when it is confirmed. It's still early, as I know we all know.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back