GA-Winder-Massive police presence at Apalachee High School.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like so many American schoolchildren, they had trained for this and knew to stay quiet.

Also in class at Apalachee High, Ethan Haney heard some nine gunshots outside his classroom and closed the door, he’d later tell his mom. The 17-year-old and others pulled chairs and tables to block it.

Like so many kids taking cover just then, Ethan’s mind went to his loved ones. His fingers went to his device.

“school shooting rn,” he wrote to his mom, Erin Clark.

“i’m scared”

“pls”

“i’m not joking”

“I’m leaving work,” Clark texted back.

“i love you,” her son wrote.

“Love you too baby”

“I think she saw him or maybe somebody said something, but I’m pretty sure she saw that he had a gun,” she said. “I just remember, like, the moment that it happened, he was at the door and they – I knew they were looking for him already – but he was at the door and they almost let him in until they backed up and then he turned away, and that’s when you hear, like, the first rounds of fire.”

She said Gray turned to classroom next door, “to what would have been my right, and he just starts to shoot.

The school’s faculty and staff are “heroes in the actions that they took,” Hosey said. “The protocols in this school and this system activated today prevented this from being a much larger tragedy than what we had.”

One of those protocols included a safety measure adopted just one week ago.

“All of our teachers are armed with a form of an ID called Centegix,” Smith said Wednesday night. Centegix alerts law enforcement “after buttons are pressed on an ID and it alerts us that there is an active situation at the school for whatever reason and that was pressed.”

Centegix’s website says the tool has “dynamic digital mapping, real-time locating capabilities, an easy-to-use wearable panic button for school and district staff, a school visitor management system, and safe reunification capabilities enable educators to plan for and respond faster to emergencies.”

I have previously stated I thought both parents should be arrested, too. But now I'm thinking we need more information about the mother...

If she wasn’t in the picture that could be part of the problem. Sometimes the older children are more aware then the younger ones.

Jmo

I must be missing a beat here. This kid, along with at least his father, has had previous FBI contact regarding violent threats the kid had made. And LE was a-okay with guns remaining in the home? OHHHHHkay.

I also see parental prosecution coming, just like the Crumbleys.

moo
The pattern is well known: Most school shooters (not all, most) are: A Troubled/Marginalized/Bullied Male age 16+/- who has been sending off red flags for months or years, who has had prior law enforcement scrutiny, who has pervasive and permissive access to guns, and who has parents who are struggling (struggling in their own lives, in getting him help, or are actively contributing to the problem).

Teachers will tell you exactly who these "at-risk of violence" kids are from early elementary school and there is absolutely nothing in place to help them.

The teenager's aunt, Annie Polhamus Brown, took to
Facebook during the aftermath, bringing up the issues he 'dealt with' and saying she 'will take care of my nephew and what he needs on this side.'

'Just check yourself before you speak about a child that never asked to deal with the bull**** he saw on a daily basis,' she said in the posts, which have now been deleted.

'Y'all ready to see Polhamus blood in full throttle? Nah, I wouldn't either.'

Rbm.
If this person is trying to help CG's family, it's not helping.
Smh.
It's appearing CG may have had a troubled life ?
Omo.

Another question that I think is valid :

Georgia school shooter Colt Gray: Why didn't FBI seize guns when they visited house a year before Apalachee massacre

A high school football team has paid tribute to their heroic former coach who was killed while he tried to usher his students to safety after a teenager went on a shooting spree at a Georgia school.

:(

In the photo at the link, his girls are just a toddler and a baby.
My condolences to them and their mom.
Omo.

Despite school shootings pacing lower than the prior year in the first half of 2024, a Wednesday blog post from K-12 School Shooting Database founder David Riedman said 2024 is on pace to exceed the record number of shootings in 2023.

"I am deeply concerned about the recent legislation banning cell phones in South Carolina schools," Gilliard said. "While I understand the intention to minimize distractions, this law fails to address a crucial issue: Parent-student communications during emergencies."

Gilliard continued: "Sad to say, even today, horrific school shootings like the one that occurred in Winder, Georgia serve as a stark reminder about the importance of students having the ability to contact their parents or guardians in critical situations."

"Until we can ensure the safety of our students through measures like banning assault weapons and mandating weapons detection devices in all schools in South Carolina," Gilliard said, "banning cell phones should be a secondary concern. I urge all school boards to reject this until they can protect student safety."

Ohio allows the schools to decide on a district-by-district basis. Many went to a similar policy as what you described, and it started this school year. It's been positive here as well.
In Ohio. As our school year is less than two weeks old, we can't draw any valid or meaningful conclusions re the new district phone policy. Interested in data not anecdotal opinions so we'll see what the district provides. My teenager's anecdotal opinion is they don't like it but are complying.

Another question that I think is valid :

Georgia school shooter Colt Gray: Why didn't FBI seize guns when they visited house a year before Apalachee massacre

A high school football team has paid tribute to their heroic former coach who was killed while he tried to usher his students to safety after a teenager went on a shooting spree at a Georgia school.

:(

In the photo at the link, his girls are just a toddler and a baby.
My condolences to them and their mom.
Omo.

Unfortunately, the law protecting the "rights" of gun owners are very strict, it's nearly impossible to seize them. IANAL, but based on personal experience, the gun owner or user has to have already committed a crime, with LE able to produce probable cause for charges. The types of crimes that justify removal are limited, too. It varies according to state.

ETA: Its very likely the FBI really wanted to remove the guns, but couldn't. Their hands are tied. No probable cause on the kid's activity, he denied it.

Last edited:
The teenager's aunt, Annie Polhamus Brown, took to Facebook during the aftermath, bringing up the issues he 'dealt with' and saying she 'will take care of my nephew and what he needs on this side.'

'Just check yourself before you speak about a child that never asked to deal with the bull**** he saw on a daily basis,' she said in the posts, which have now been deleted.

'Y'all ready to see Polhamus blood in full throttle? Nah, I wouldn't either.'

Yikes!

From this reaction it seems as though the family ethos includes violence and revenge.

I can understand a family member’s impulse to defend one of their own, but threats like this to the public make me go “Hhmm.”

JMO

Yikes!

From this reaction it seems as though the family ethos includes violence and revenge.

I can understand a family member’s impulse to defend one of their own, but threats like this to the public make me go “Hhmm.”

JMO
It's our reluctance to be "judgmental" that gets us in trouble.

This kid was primed to fail and gave off all the warning signs we are ever going to get and he still couldn't be stopped.

If you can't prevent a school shooting where the FBI has visited the perps house a year before, he never attends school, has pervasive access to guns and no support structure at home- its never going to be prevented ever.

This kid was primed to fail and gave off all the warning signs we are ever going to get and he still couldn't be stopped.

If you can't prevent a school shooting where the FBI has visited the perps house a year before, he never attends school, has pervasive access to guns and no support structure at home- its never going to be prevented ever.

Unfortunately, it seems the ones who are violently and aggressively judgmental are the ones protected.

The only remedy is after the fact - charging and trying the "responsible" adults who allowed easy access to guns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmasReal~
Back