Gardner Broke Parole

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III lived for just under two years in a Mira Mesa apartment complex, 700 yards from Walker Elementary School.

That’s seven months longer than previously known — a timeline now acknowledged by state parole officials, though not apparent from incomplete records previously released. Gardner’s special conditions of parole barred him from living within 880 yards of such a school.

A review by The San Diego Union-Tribune shows the violation was apparently unrecognized for seven months, excused for three more, then ignored or forgotten for 13 more — until a new parole agent took over Gardner’s supervision.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/08/more-gardner-parole-issues-found/

I would think that would have been considered a minor violation since 700 yards is pretty far anyway and not that different from 880 yards.

Parole is revoked when the violation suggests that the parolee is engaging in behaviour that might lead to him/her reoffending, and that residential violation hardly suggested that. As far as the parole office was concerned, getting him to move the extra 180 yards was a more rational decision than sending him back to prison.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/ktla-john-gardner-evidence,0,4935297.story

Pick Axes, Shovels Seized From John Gardner's Home

Search warrants show jeans, Hard Rock T-shirt also taken

LOS ANGELES -- Authorities recovered digging tools and clothing from the home of registered sex offender, John Gardner, who is charged with murdering 17-year-old San Diego girl, Chelsea King.

That's according to search warrant records obtained by KFI radio.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would think that would have been considered a minor violation since 700 yards is pretty far anyway and not that different from 880 yards.

Parole is revoked when the violation suggests that the parolee is engaging in behaviour that might lead to him/her reoffending, and that residential violation hardly suggested that. As far as the parole office was concerned, getting him to move the extra 180 yards was a more rational decision than sending him back to prison.
Color me curious, how does the residential violation hardly suggest that? I can tell you that elementary school is within a mile of a middle school and about the same distance to a high school. Odd that he should pick a location right in the middle of a bunch of schools when there are so many other alternatives (10 miles down the road there aren't ANY schools in a five mile radius-this area has plenty of places to live without being near a school or any other violation areas). It sure looked like this guy picked a spot just outside range of the middle and high school and thought he was just outside range of the elementary school, if you know the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU
Back