Garth Brooks accused of raping make-up artist in lawsuit - October 3, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Clearsky

Reaction score

A longtime make-up artist and stylist to Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks is alleging that Brooks brutally sexually assaulted her on multiple occasions in an extremely graphic lawsuit filed Thursday in Los Angeles.
I absolutely believe that in many cases it’s hard to leave an abuser. It is also difficult to give up needed employment. Additionally, it can take years to come forward with these types of allegations. But when all of those are combined with allowing it to continue for 2 years, not filing criminal charges at all, and asking for a large sum of money from a very rich person before filing a civil case, I am skeptical of the accuser’s motives. Why not press criminal charges first? It is just my opinion that this seems a little hinky, but it could be absolutely be true. I will be watching this case progress. Jmo

I'm not the biggest Brooks fan, but I've been listening to him since the early 90s. I'm blindsided by these accusations. Especially considering he once had a music video banned for its depiction of domestic abuse against women and proudly stood by its release and the attention it brought the topic.

Although there are men who have one side for their wives and families and the public and then a dark side they only show victims, there are also people who would make up false detailed claims.

Is there any concrete evidence? Such as documented injuries, professional people she told back when it allegedly happened who would have made documentation, etc.?

ETA: I tend to believe alleged victims. Don't know enough about this case yet to have an opinion.

There's a link to the filing by his accuser in that Deadline article linked above, but they're right, it is pretty graphic! But really, mostly I thought it read like a really badly-written trash romance novel.

"Tragically, her worst fears came true when seconds later he was towering over her, his 6-foot and almost 300-pound frame ready to pounce on Ms. Roe, who is less than 5 feet and 100 pounds. As she began to panic, he grabbed her hands and pulled her into the next room and onto the bed where she could not escape his physical domination."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashpandaoutside
Back