Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024 # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That last sentence is definitely ambiguous. The phrase “during those conversations” could refer to either

1. during the conversations LS had with MS on his and the judge’s phones, or

2. during the conversations LS had with the interviewers. I do tend to lean toward the first reading. Jmo.
I took it as the second. The detective was vague. His way of speaking was not the most direct. So, that's why I took it as the second. Someone who is not the most direct speaker tends to add things at the end a sentence. Dangling modifier - Wikipedia

Just MOO, but I can see how someone could interpret it as the first.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the calls were answered, so I had another look at @Allabouttrial ’s handy transcript from the first thread. I think the following is what led me to that impression:

DEFENSE - Did you conduct an interview with Sheriff Stine's daughter?

DETECTIVE - I did not but she has been interviewed.

<Snip>

DEFENSE - Do you intend to intended obtain records for her cell phone number?

DETECTIVE - Possibly, yes.

DEFENSE - Do you believe that that would be soon that you'll do that?

DETECTIVE - Could be, yes.

DEFENSE - Had you ever intended to do that or did you just... respond to my question?

DETECTIVE - Well, the call should be on the Judge's records too and she's made statements about what occurred during those conversations.

Bbm.

That last sentence is definitely ambiguous. The phrase “during those conversations” could refer to either

1. during the conversations LS had with MS on his and the judge’s phones, or

2. during the conversations LS had with the interviewers. I do tend to lean toward the first reading. Jmo.
or it could refer to her conversations with her father on his own phone and then on the judges. IF the theory is correct that at least one of the calls the sheriff made on his phone prior to using the judge's phone was to her.

DBM (wrong thread - sorry)

or it could refer to her conversations with her father on his own phone and then on the judges. IF the theory is correct that at least one of the calls the sheriff made on his phone prior to using the judge's phone was to her.
Bbm

We do have testimony to that effect. Also from the transcript:

DETECTIVE - I was told that Sheriff Stines had tried to call his daughter, and he had tried to call his daughter from the Judge's phone also.

Regardless, I still tend to believe that at least one call was answered by LS. And since we don’t know whether her number was in the judge’s contacts, it’s possible that whatever “triggered” MS to kill KM could have been something that was said , rather than something that was on the phone. MS’s looking at both phones might not have been about comparing them; rather, MS might have been using his contact info for his daughter to punch it into KM’s phone to call her. Moo, but it is so mysterious!

Thanks for linking this, @Dotta .

Here's the Daily Mail link for those not on Twitter/X :

Mullins seems so composed ... almost like he thought it wasn't real.
Wish there was a camera angle that showed Stines' facial expression.
Was he livid ?
Cold and calm ?
Idk.
Omo.

Wanted to add; that after reading through the previous thread and this one, and many msm articles ...
I still can't fathom any realistic valid excuse for murder.
It's understandable given Stines' remarks referring to 'kidnapping' or, 'taking/preventing him from' his wife and daughter, that he wanted to protect them or something ?
How is he going to accomplish this in jail ?
What did Stines gain through his actions ?
Imo--- he is not a victim.
No way, no how, no excuse.
Just my .02.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members