GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are kidding - they really know how to win friends and influence people don 't they?

unfortunately not. And i am only just holding it together, and not releasing an absolute barrage of expletives, name calling and general slander.

Perhaps they didn't need to physically go to the roundabout because they have it all on CCTV and can play that in the courtroom for the jury....

If not, please add me to roundabouts anonymous :floorlaugh:

Imagine closing THAT roundabout for even half an hour for a jury visit! I'm sure they could get around it with footage if the jurors REALLY needed to see it.

Is it possible that the jury were driven through the roundabout on their road trip today.?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I was getting at! Very interesting that the biggest pieces of damning evidence in both those cases was only disclosed on the trial!

Thank you.

Wouldn't it be a blast if the Captiva had a dash cam!!!
I doubt it but I can dream.
I asked mechanic hubby if a 2012 Captiva would have a tracking thingy on the GPS or something. Answer was no :(

Long time lurked but new member. G'day.

I think one glaring thing which has been forgotten about in regards to ABC supposedly going for a walk late at night/early morning was that she was suffering from a cold as mentioned by her hairdresser.

if you have a cold, compounded by 3rd hair treatment and a conference the next day,no matter how obsessed you are at wanting to lose weight you don't have the energy to go for a long walk. Id be using that time to perk up and preen to make sure the hair looks right. As well as the regular routine making sure the children are fed and dressed and had the school lunches ready.
Hi silverau ...... I remember hearing during the Trial last week, that GBC had said that he and Allison had washed up the children's lunch boxes on the night of 19th. At the moment, I cannot say who it was that included it in their evidence. This may very well be true, and may have been thrown in support the content of his text to Allison early on the morning of the 20th.

SO!

BCs have made a complaint that there are too many of ABCs family and friends in court.

So the Judge has declared on 8 seats per side (that is prosecution and defence).

I wont say anything further as i dont want this mod snipped for defamatory words.

Nuff said.

Cheers.

This is unbelievable. So they are insisting on calling the shots, even in court?
And more unbelievably, the Judge is bending to their requirements?

Is there no grace, dignity or shame with this lot? Preposterous! And ugly in the extreme.

If a big internet hug would help you First Timer, look out, here comes a big hug from this quarter. Plus one of Doc W's special remedies, take a deep breath in ....

Even the most stupid bank robbers don't use their own car.
It's just too bazaar. Someone must have seen the car parked there, lucky he didn't bog it.
On google maps there is a dirt road and maybe he drove off road to hide the car.
I wish I knew more about the area.

Loose lips sink ships. Did he tell anyone?

Hi silverau ...... I remember hearing during the Trial last week, that GBC had said that he and Allison had washed up the children's lunch boxes on the night of 19th. At the moment, I cannot say who it was that included it in their evidence. This may very well be true, and may have been thrown in support the content of his text to Allison early on the morning of the 20th.

Hi Couldbe, I wouldn't put one iota of credence to anything that came from the mouth of that person. Worse, I keep thinking about tailoring "evidence" to suit.

They really are from all of us here on WS Poss. A few a us put together to make it happen - a special shout out to CJ, Bellgirl, Minni, Tishy, Enthralled, Breaking News...

Some familiar names there who are very missed.

SO!

BCs have made a complaint that there are too many of ABCs family and friends in court.

So the Judge has declared on 8 seats per side (that is prosecution and defence).

I wont say anything further as i dont want this mod snipped for defamatory words.

Nuff said.

Cheers.

Where did get this info? Is there a link to read please?

The jury would have seen the signs asking that flowers not be placed on the bridge. Even if they have been living in a void, that speaks volumes about the level of love and support for Allison for the last few years.

When I was a juror on a murder trial, everyone had to keep right away from us at these scenes - even the bailiff who was the only other person on the mini bus with us. No one hears what we were saying and no one was allowed to talk to us. Everyone including the judge had to back off as we approached. In the bus, we were banned from talking about the case in front of the bailiff. It is really up to the jury to decide what they are looking at and why - aside from being told where they are going.
:jail: :twocents: :jail:

Are you allowed to talk amongst yourselves BN?

Imagine closing THAT roundabout for even half an hour for a jury visit! I'm sure they could get around it with footage if the jurors REALLY needed to see it.

That's true actually! They probably would have driven through it both ways today, and at would have been enough for them to get an idea of it and where it is in relation to the home etc - am I talking myself into this??

That's true actually! They probably would have driven through it both ways today, and at would have been enough for them to get an idea of it and where it is in relation to the home etc - am I talking myself into this??

I had the same thought, and I am not a roundabout twitcher unlike a few on here. If it does come up I will have to go back and do a refresher.
Note that the jury had maps with them for reference.

Police closed the two-lane bridge to traffic as the jurors peered over the side to see the area where Mrs Baden-Clay’s body was found, comparing the scenery to maps and photographs prepared by the prosecution.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-and-bridge-20140623-zsizv.html#ixzz35S3XVs33

SO!

Nuff said.

Cheers.

Ha, jokes on them then, coz we are ALL ABCs family and friends.

Did anyone catch Nine News tonight? I saw on the bottom of the screen while they were talking to a journalist 'fifty more witnesses to come' or something to that effect. I thought we were down to 30ish?

How many of you wonderful posters think GBC will take the stand? I, for one, do not!

I think he will be strongly advised NOT to take the stand. And I don't think he has the gumption or conceit that Simon Gittany had when he took the stand in his trial - to his detriment, to go against advice and take the stand. Jurors are entitled to take into account the demeanour of the accused when they take the stand.

When GBC was initially interviewed and recorded at the house, on the morning of the 20 April, I noticed that when he was talking about factual normal matters, his voice was firm and a stronger tone. When he was talking about Allison or his movements, his voice was hesitant and a softer tone. That told me on listening to the recording, that he was lying and thinking on his feet. If he took the stand, the questions from the Prosecution would be a lot harder than that day. NO, he is too much of a coward to try and convince a judge and jury he is innocent, and he WILL NOT take the stand. MOO

Did anyone catch Nine News tonight? I saw on the bottom of the screen while they were talking to a journalist 'fifty more witnesses to come' or something to that effect. I thought we were down to 30ish?

Witness tally to date...

56 witnesses so far...

21 to go...

At start of trial the total witness count was 77. At some stage last week it was mentioned there were two new witnesses to appear, so the total could be 79.Will update tomorrow if needs be.

I think he will be strongly advised NOT to take the stand. And I don't think he has the gumption or conceit that Simon Gittany had when he took the stand in his trial - to his detriment, to go against advice and take the stand. Jurors are entitled to take into account the demeanour of the accused when they take the stand.

When GBC was initially interviewed and recorded at the house, on the morning of the 20 April, I noticed that when he was talking about factual normal matters, his voice was firm and a stronger tone. When he was talking about Allison or his movements, his voice was hesitant and a softer tone. That told me on listening to the recording, that he was lying and thinking on his feet. If he took the stand, the questions from the Prosecution would be a lot harder than that day. NO, he is too much of a coward to try and convince a judge and jury he is innocent, and he WILL NOT take the stand. MOO

Also re Gittany ...it was a judge only trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3