GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the phone forensics report by Neil Robertson:

"58. On exhibit 48885-4225, I observed a delivered SMS message "Al, getting concerned where are you? The app doesn't say either? H and S now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call!". I observed this SMS message was sent on 20th April 2012 at 6:41 AM. The context "The app doesn't say either? " infers the usage of an iPhone application.
On exhibit 48885-4225, I observed the 'Find My Friends' application was installed on this
iPhone and the login user ID to sign into this application is 'gerardbc@century21westside.com.au'. As mentioned in paragraph 52, the first date and time entry of an application I observe being used in the CellLocationlocal table on exhibit 48885-4225 is 2O/04/2012 at 10:49am. Therefore, in my opinion it is likely that when this SMS message was sent on 20th April 2012 at 6:41 AM., the application Find My Friends was never used."

I think this is very incriminating and I can't see where this evidence has been refuted. GBC sends Allison an SMS saying he has attempted to find her using the FindMyFriends app when in fact he hadn't used that app on his phone prior to sending the text. (The expert says that the app only works on mobile devices).

Why on earth would he say that in a text at 6:41am when he is supposed to have been seriously looking for her?

I agree with Justice Applegarth it was a stupid thing to say.

Mr Doyle said Baden-Clay had a 'find my friends' application on his phone but at 6.41am on April 20 it was "likely it had never been used".

Justice Applegarth: "It would be a pretty stupid thing to say you had used that application when you hadn't."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...re-supreme-court/story-e6freoof-1226536987434

Smegal - GBC's tone was his standard whiney sales pitch - he was totally selling himself, he thinks he can captivate and entrance his audience. He was on the stand for murder but that fighting for his life involves wearing people down about his stellar capabilities. I am not sure that I will focus on his timbre of his voice here as opposed to his very obvious agenda to prove himself as the perfect guy. But that stupid and god forsaken tone - to say he sounds like a entitled real estate agent probably sums him up! He had the typical marketing sales pitch GBC voice, excited and high and fast when he spoke of the good times. Then as he emphasized what he would frame in his life as the darker moments he would speak slowly and thoughtfully and his demeanor was titchy, condescending, entitled, and just downright disrespectful.

As his barrister asked him questions GBC would be hammering how Allison's sickness was unbearable and inexplicable to him! I cannot fathom how a loving husband comes to speak so candidly of his dearest as if she was a dragging him down to the lowest of lows and preventing him from functioning as a man. No man would stand for a woman doing this to them - they would simply leave them. Obviously Allison was worth $$$$ to GBC. (I hate to say that but she was all class all brains and all capable about business!)

Then GBC was excitedly selling his Flight centre credos, cause you can't murder your wife if you have been the tops sales performer at flight center 10 or so years ago. You need to mention this stuff when you are on the stand for murder.

Then GBC was selling his love for life, while on tour of South America he told us how he was fully involved in the flag waving at a soccer game supporting the locals. Seriously, this man could not possibly do anything wrong. How is GBC on the stand for murder?

Then we hear about his amazing skills in parenting - GBC can show an open home while changing a nappy and almost breast feeding his daughter. (methinks he has got a case to give's men a real reason to be envious of man *advertiser censored*).

Honestly - the concessions that he seemed to make for Allison in his life were so far out of the realm of acceptance of any male. What did Allison bring to the relationship?

Sorry Smegal - I hope I have partially answered your question. I honestly couldn't listen to his pathetic diatribe. He was obviously spinning porkies. If you have read the notes about how he treated his daughters according Phil and Jocelyn, his partners - his warmth and sincerity flies in the face of the actions that they saw.
Great post, thank you. It is good to hear from those who were there.

Smegal - GBC's tone was his standard whiney sales pitch - he was totally selling himself, he thinks he can captivate and entrance his audience. He was on the stand for murder but that fighting for his life involves wearing people down about his stellar capabilities. I am not sure that I will focus on his timbre of his voice here as opposed to his very obvious agenda to prove himself as the perfect guy. But that stupid and god forsaken tone - to say he sounds like a entitled real estate agent probably sums him up! He had the typical marketing sales pitch GBC voice, excited and high and fast when he spoke of the good times. Then as he emphasized what he would frame in his life as the darker moments he would speak slowly and thoughtfully and his demeanor was titchy, condescending, entitled, and just downright disrespectful.

As his barrister asked him questions GBC would be hammering how Allison's sickness was unbearable and inexplicable to him! I cannot fathom how a loving husband comes to speak so candidly of his dearest as if she was a dragging him down to the lowest of lows and preventing him from functioning as a man. No man would stand for a woman doing this to them - they would simply leave them. Obviously Allison was worth $$$$ to GBC. (I hate to say that but she was all class all brains and all capable about business!)

Then GBC was excitedly selling his Flight centre credos, cause you can't murder your wife if you have been the tops sales performer at flight center 10 or so years ago. You need to mention this stuff when you are on the stand for murder.

Then GBC was selling his love for life, while on tour of South America he told us how he was fully involved in the flag waving at a soccer game supporting the locals. Seriously, this man could not possibly do anything wrong. How is GBC on the stand for murder?

Then we hear about his amazing skills in parenting - GBC can show an open home while changing a nappy and almost breast feeding his daughter. (methinks he has got a case to give's men a real reason to be envious of man *advertiser censored*).

Honestly - the concessions that he seemed to make for Allison in his life were so far out of the realm of acceptance of any male. What did Allison bring to the relationship?

Sorry Smegal - I hope I have partially answered your question. I honestly couldn't listen to his pathetic diatribe. He was obviously spinning porkies. If you have read the notes about how he treated his daughters according Phil and Jocelyn, his partners - his warmth and sincerity flies in the face of the actions that they saw.

Are you serious about the flag waving at soccer games.... Or did you throw that in for comedy reasons?

Are you serious about the flag waving at soccer games.... Or did you throw that in for comedy reasons?

I think she's serious. My mind was wandering on what we were having for dinner at that stage.

Honestly it was quite a let down when he finally got on the stand. His stories were so boring and totally irrelevant to the murder case.

Thanks Liadan - between your and wwgy's post I have decided I will definitely NOT be attending court tomorrow. I just couldn't bear it :(

In the transcript of Interview with Det Simmons, McLeod & Thomson, G said he only went a bit up Boscombe Rd because she wouldn't go up there because it's too steep. How does that compare (in terms of steepness, it's been mentioned it is hilly) with the route to Kholo Ck?

I wonder how much more we will be hearing tomorrow about TM being volatile. I think she has been presented as obsessed (when he broke things off she kept chasing) and as becoming more demanding (insisting on a date).

The demands for GBC to tell Allison about the conference show desperation.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Yes Deadly serious Timmy!- I am not given to comedic anecdotes as far as Allison is concerned. I quote GBC on Thurs,- 'I bought a big flag and took it to the next town to support the local soccer game, I was waving it around madly in support of the team'.

Apparently GBC was waving this flag to support the town that he and Allison were staying in. Ain't he just the consummate diplomat!

It's like "Don't convict me because FIGJAM!" You'd lose a national treasure!

Perhaps it was unbearable at times. I have been on both sides of mental illness. It is extremely difficult to be someone's main care giver. I'm not sure what you mean by functioning as a man.

I wonder how much more we will be hearing tomorrow about TM being volatile. I think she has been presented as obsessed (when he broke things off she kept chasing) and as becoming more demanding (insisting on a date).

The demands for GBC to tell Allison about the conference show desperation.

IMO

Yet, he went to see her in December and kept her hanging on. He didn't make a clean break.

Oh Yes Deadly serious Timmy!- I am not given to comedic anecdotes as far as Allison is concerned. I quote GBC on Thurs,- 'I bought a big flag and took it to the next town to support the local soccer game, I was waving it around madly in support of the team'.

Apparently GBC was waving this flag to support the town that he and Allison were staying in. Ain't he just the consummate diplomat!

I keep thinking of legal shows on TV and the other side jumping up shouting "Objection! Relevance! "

Guess it doesn't really happen :)

Thanks Liadan - between your and wwgy's post I have decided I will definitely NOT be attending court tomorrow. I just couldn't bear it :(

Can't blame you Thinking - I think this will be the last time I go. It is seriously distressing.

I so hope GBC will be found guilty. But ..... if he does get away with this - it aint the end. The next time this happens - and it will happen again - GBC won't be able to find himself relying on good faith and appeal to his friends conscience. He WILL be totally on his own. If nothing comes of this case we need to be vigiliant because down the track he will make a similar mistake and this case is going to here to show the world his reputation and force the hand!

Yet, he went to see her in December and kept her hanging on. He didn't make a clean break.

Oh yes I agree. I just mean how the defence is portraying it. I wonder how far they will go at hinting she was losing control.

I think he is after sponsorship from the makers of Toblerone lol.
Everyone heading to court tomorrow don't forget to take Toblerone for a snack!

Bet they don't get those at Arthur Gorrie.

Bring on tomorrow! Thanks to those tweeters, hope you all gets seats.

Oh yes I agree. I just mean how the defence is portraying it. I wonder how far they will go at hinting she was losing control.

Sorry, I know what you meant Cattail. It's obvious to the rest of us what was going on there. Allison was depressed and Toni is a stalker. He has all the bad luck, doesn't he?

Thank you so much for your indepth reply! Ugh, he really is something, isn't he? How can he seriously think that what he said and how he said it is in any way helping his defence? Sickens me.

Re his former partners' statements on how he treated the girls, yes I agree, it's quite a different picture they painted.

From the phone forensics report by Neil Robertson:

"58. On exhibit 48885-4225, I observed a delivered SMS message "Al, getting concerned where are you? The app doesn't say either? H and S now up. I'm dressed and about to make lunches. Please just text me back or call!". I observed this SMS message was sent on 20th April 2012 at 6:41 AM. The context "The app doesn't say either? " infers the usage of an iPhone application.
On exhibit 48885-4225, I observed the 'Find My Friends' application was installed on this
iPhone and the login user ID to sign into this application is 'gerardbc@century21westside.com.au'. As mentioned in paragraph 52, the first date and time entry of an application I observe being used in the CellLocationlocal table on exhibit 48885-4225 is 2O/04/2012 at 10:49am. Therefore, in my opinion it is likely that when this SMS message was sent on 20th April 2012 at 6:41 AM., the application Find My Friends was never used."

I think this is very incriminating and I can't see where this evidence has been refuted. GBC sends Allison an SMS saying he has attempted to find her using the FindMyFriends app when in fact he hadn't used that app on his phone prior to sending the text. (The expert says that the app only works on mobile devices).

Why on earth would he say that in a text at 6:41am when he is supposed to have been seriously looking for her?

Justice Peter Applegarth at one of the bail applications also commented on this. And it has left me wondering just WHY the prosecution haven't even introduced items such as this one???

Can they introduce it in cross-examination? Were they in fact gambling on GBC getting up in his own defence so that they could cross-examine him, and maybe holding some of that stuff back until then, such as the use of the app, the calls made when Allison was supposed to have the phone overnight, etc? If in fact they WERE gambling on GBC getting up on the stand, that was a heck of a gamble, and if he HADN'T got up, then all those little gems of inconsistencies would have been useless and never mentioned.

I wonder if they can introduce things, like the alleged use of the app that wasn't used, in the prosecution's summing up speech? Everything in their opening speech has now been anticipated by the defence, and answers woven into their spiel (such as the possibility that it was Allison plugging his phone onto the charger). But holding some stuff back until the closing speech may thwart the defence having answers at the ready.

It may have been a big gamble - but let's hope it pays off!

Assuming, of course, that GBC is in fact guilty - which he may not be.. :blushing:

In the transcript of Interview with Det Simmons, McLeod & Thomson, G said he only went a bit up Boscombe Rd because she wouldn't go up there because it's too steep. How does that compare (in terms of steepness, it's been mentioned it is hilly) with the route to Kholo Ck?

Boscombe Road is literally really one short small hill. My grandma could walk it. The walk to Kholo would have to be 100 x more difficult, not to mention distance. No comparison imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay