gearing up for Black Friday

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A few years ago, my friend and I sat down on Thanksgiving night with our newspapers and notebooks. We went ad by ad and wrote down the name of the store, what time they opened, the item and the advertised price. When we were finished, we listed the stores in order of the time they opened, what needed to be purchased there and how important that item was.

We started at 4:45 in line at Toys R US (advertised to be open at 6am but I had been "pre" shopping and saw a sign in the store that it opened at 5am) with only 10 other people and were in and out in 15 minutes!

We completed our shopping - including 1 trip home because the car was full (bean bags for her kids), by 7:30am and everything was done! We even hit 2 of the "if we get there - great, if not - no problem" stores and got a few sales.

I am almost finished with my shopping and am going to go out tomorrow to pick up a few things for my parents to give my sister.

Can anyone tell I love shopping???

I posted earlier that I don't do early shopping on Black Friday....I lied. lol
My best friend and I are going out at 6am...but only because she needs new shoes. ;)

Normally I shop with dh and we go for the bargains... this year, I talked him into going with dd.... I wll be sleeping in...... lol

Hey..... Black Friday made the news in the UK this morning!!! :woohoo:

There was a camera crew going around the shops and interviewing people who were camping out overnight. One lady said she was hoping to get a laptop as they were very cheap.

Happy Shopping Everyone!!! :croc:

Please be kind to the people who will be facilitating your "Black Friday" shopping experience! Got to get ready for work . . .

This year I never went to the madness.....
But every other year I've been with all the nuts out waiting inline for the bargains.

Today my 23 daughters were going so I sent a list with one of them for 2 itrems. But if she doesn't get them its no big deal to me. I can live without them.

I'm making 1 trip to town for Xmas presents. The youngsters want pajamas, LOL wow I hit it lucky this yr. Normally they have a list a mile long of big buck items!

This year I never went to the madness.....
But every other year I've been with all the nuts out waiting inline for the bargains.

Today my 23 daughters were going so I sent a list with one of them for 2 itrems. But if she doesn't get them its no big deal to me. I can live without them.

I'm making 1 trip to town for Xmas presents. The youngsters want pajamas, LOL wow I hit it lucky this yr. Normally they have a list a mile long of big buck items!

Cheko...... you have 23 daughters???? :eek:

My 19 YO daughter started at midnight, at the Outlets. She was home by 8AM. She was tickled pink with all of her bargains.

As for me, you couldn't PAY me to fight the crowds, and the lines!

I made it another year! I got some very great deals and didn't even go until 8am and drive about 40 miles in between all the stores. I'm only 1 hat short of all my Christmas shopping being finished.

Most of the items I got today are for myself :blushing:

I'm leaving now. Wish me luck! I'm not going out after anything popular, though. Hopefully, I'll be okay at Lowe's. :)

I have to run out and get some non-Christmas stuff and I don't want to face any crowds! :( If we didn't need it badly I'd wait a few days.

Hopefully Nan and I return unscathed! lol

I already bought most of my Christmas gifts already and purchased the big things online. I did venture out to a Circuit City at 7:30 to purchase some DVDs my daughter wanted and couldn't be purchased over the net.

I've shopped Black Friday in the past but the older I get the less tolerant I am of the crowds and parking. I've also worked BF in retail, and it's a nightmare.

I don't like to shop on any day. I wouldn't be caught dead out on Black Friday. OTOH, my dh loves to go shopping anytime, especially Black Friday and the day after CHristmas. So I just give him my list.
ditto from me- only my dh doesnt like to shp on Friday- but will get up and go if I give him a list-have only done it twice in 16 years- and he went !:D

Oh, yes! Hi Nan! :blushing: Every place I drove by or went to had normal volumes of people. It didn't even seem like "black Friday" to me. Maybe tomorrow will be busier.

First time ever I went Black Friday shopping and I GOT THE LAPTOP!!!! I can't believe it..I was sure I would be wasting my time and with no experience I would just not be getting one but I did and I am sooooo happy!! My daughter is going to have a heart attack!! I also won 2 $20 gift cards while I was there...oh and a 20% off any purchase over $100 so my $300 laptop was like almost free..haha not really but wow I am soooo excited!! I had to leave my house by 5am and the drive to the store was an hour away but man it was so worth it.

Wow, mygirl!!! Congratulations! What kind is the laptop?

There were people lined up the previous night at our local electronics stores trying to get those deals. That's good you only had to get up early!

How exciting!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper