General Discussion and Theories #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From September 16th. Waiting for two more answers from LE. :waiting:Was it searched on previous warrants? Did they wait until Friday to call specialized team or did they calls earlier in the week and arrangements had to be made? Cannot see it was an emergency situation as the barrels had been out there for some time and nothing happened. JMO. :dunno:

It’s not clear whether police ever entered the barn on previous search warrants, or why it took until Friday to call in the OPP’s specialized team.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ard_farm_search_ends_woman_still_missing.html

"On Friday night, officers packed up and left the farm, their search warrant expired, said Const. Victor Kwong."

"Earlier, the Toronto police homicide unit head, Staff Insp. Greg McLane, told the Star police had the authority to search the farm for “as long as they need.” "

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...l_missing.html

This confuses me..they had as long as they need..but then suddenly it expired?

As was explained by AA, the defense would have (or should have) know about any search warrants issued on the defendant property.

Do they have any input into the search parameters? Can they go to a judge and ask for restrictions? Just wondering why the time frame changed on this last search..

"On Friday night, officers packed up and left the farm, their search warrant expired, said Const. Victor Kwong."

"Earlier, the Toronto police homicide unit head, Staff Insp. Greg McLane, told the Star police had the authority to search the farm for “as long as they need.” "

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...l_missing.html

This confuses me..they had as long as they need..but then suddenly it expired?

As was explained by AA, the defense would have (or should have) know about any search warrants issued on the defendant property.

Do they have any input into the search parameters? Can they go to a judge and ask for restrictions? Just wondering why the time frame changed on this last search..

You're right hoping, it does seem confusing. My thought is the judge or JOP gave them the week ending on Friday to search the barn and surrounding property BUT if they needed more time, the warrant would be extended. JMO.

The mystery in this whole case is why DM and associates did what they did to TB .... why make a big mystery out of search warrants ???

There have been various warrants for the farm & buildings for various searches and various victims and various reasons .... SO what !!!!

Just like there could be various warrants to search the hangar , the vehicles in the hangar , the equipment in the hangar .... and searches in the trailer in MB's driveway .... and DM's house .... and MS house , and MS mothers car

HPS would have had the original warrants for the farm .... later when TPS became involved they would need different ones .... and if later some new tips came in about LB maybe more warrants and searches would be required ... this is not complicated.

Anyone think a farm search for LB should be done on a search warrant for TB's truck ??????????? try that in court if 'ya want to be a laughing stock !!!!!

The mystery in this whole case is why DM and associates did what they did to TB .... why make a big mystery out of search warrants ???

There have been various warrants for the farm & buildings for various searches and various victims and various reasons .... SO what !!!!

Just like there could be various warrants to search the hangar , the vehicles in the hangar , the equipment in the hangar .... and searches in the trailer in MB's driveway .... and DM's house .... and MS house , and MS mothers car

HPS would have had the original warrants for the farm .... later when TPS became involved they would need different ones .... and if later some new tips came in about LB maybe more warrants and searches would be required ... this is not complicated.

Anyone think a farm search for LB should be done on a search warrant for TB's truck ??????????? try that in court if 'ya want to be a laughing stock !!!!!
Arnie, you're so right. Regardless of all of the search warrants, it all boils down to motive. It's up to LE to make sure that every single piece of evidence obtained is done so legally and no stone is left unturned.

DP has already said that there is no motive for DM to be involved in such a crime. A family with money, success and no brushes with the law.

Right after visiting DM on May 17, DP say's DM is
"Very shaken up, very concerned, wondering how one ends up in a situation like this"
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Hamilton/ID/2385605761/

DP is also on record saying that DM had a close relationship with WM. In discussing WM's suicide DP said ""We're confident that is exactly what it was," he said, adding Millard had a "very, very close, tight relationship" with his father."
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/21/dellen-millard-lawyer-deepak-paradkar_n_3313595.html

DM apparently had a close, tight relationship with WM. DM had ton's of money and a regular girlfriend. So, the question really is "why" would DM kill TB or anyone for that matter? If DM is responsible for WM and LB-it could be argued they were crimes of passion, self defense or something-he knew them and had a relationship with them, maybe something happened, but with TB? Why drive 50 km to steal a truck and kill a stranger, especially after you've met his wife and can obviously see that whatever you're about to do is going to cause insurmountable grief on this man's family? IMO, that's a total disconnect and puts DM into a different category that doesn't need a motive: psychopath. JMHO

"The following are environmental factors, psychiatrists say, which create a sociopath:

Studies show that 60% of psychopathic individuals had lost a parent;
Child is deprived of love or nurturing; parents are detached or absent;
Inconsistent discipline: if father is stern and mother is soft, child learns to hate authority and manipulate mother;
Hypocritical parents who privately belittle the child while publicly presenting the image of a "happy family"."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/psych_6.html

Arnie, you're so right. Regardless of all of the search warrants, it all boils down to motive. It's up to LE to make sure that every single piece of evidence obtained is done so legally and no stone is left unturned.

DP has already said that there is no motive for DM to be involved in such a crime. A family with money, success and no brushes with the law.

Right after visiting DM on May 17, DP say's DM is
"Very shaken up, very concerned, wondering how one ends up in a situation like this"
http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/Hamilton/ID/2385605761/

DP is also on record saying that DM had a close relationship with WM. In discussing WM's suicide DP said ""We're confident that is exactly what it was," he said, adding Millard had a "very, very close, tight relationship" with his father."
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/21/dellen-millard-lawyer-deepak-paradkar_n_3313595.html

DM apparently had a close, tight relationship with WM. DM had ton's of money and a regular girlfriend. So, the question really is "why" would DM kill TB or anyone for that matter? If DM is responsible for WM and LB-it could be argued they were crimes of passion, self defense or something-he knew them and had a relationship with them, maybe something happened, but with TB? Why drive 50 km to steal a truck and kill a stranger, especially after you've met his wife and can obviously see that whatever you're about to do is going to cause insurmountable grief on this man's family? IMO, that's a total disconnect and puts DM into a different category that doesn't need a motive: psychopath. JMHO

"The following are environmental factors, psychiatrists say, which create a sociopath:

Studies show that 60% of psychopathic individuals had lost a parent;
Child is deprived of love or nurturing; parents are detached or absent;
Inconsistent discipline: if father is stern and mother is soft, child learns to hate authority and manipulate mother;
Hypocritical parents who privately belittle the child while publicly presenting the image of a "happy family"."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/notorious/tick/psych_6.html

Well you may be on to something if you have anything close to proof that those four points above are true. So far as I can tell, he lost one parent, that we know, but if your suspicions are true, he killed a person prior to losing a parent and also killed that parent himself. We know zero about his relationship with his parents. Judging by their plight for animals, WM and MB sound like very loving people. Judging by the obit for WM, he was all heart. Where's the proof they were absent, detached or that WM was stern? Those points don't add up based on anything we know.

Well you may be on to something if you have anything close to proof that those four points above are true. So far as I can tell, he lost one parent, that we know, but if your suspicions are true, he killed a person prior to losing a parent and also killed that parent himself. We know zero about his relationship with his parents. Judging by their plight for animals, WM and MB sound like very loving people. Judging by the obit for WM, he was all heart. Where's the proof they were absent, detached or that WM was stern? Those points don't add up based on anything we know.

BBM IMHO we know nothing based on how this family was/is (as you say also) as far as their relationships were/are. It's all hearsay and myself personally I take what DP claims (all of it) with a grain of salt. I chalk it up to typical defense jargon. He claims to know things about his client but has shown nothing to back his claims. DP claims his client hadn't shaven while incarcerated and at the time of the interview, in DP's words "not the norm" for DM, but yet the majority of pictures I have come across of him throughout the years, even professionally done pictures, DM is always sporting facial hair. How can we take anyone's word as to what kind of upbringing, family bond, individual parental bond, ect. DM had/has? IMHO we cannot. Obviously when someone murders someone and disposes of their body in such a grotesque and deliberate way, there is definitely something wrong with their psyche.

His parents may have loved animals but not their own child. Not saying this was the case but it could hold water IMHO. Where they so involved in their fights for animals rights, they forgot to focus on their son. Did DM resent this and dispied animals? Some people treat their animals better then their own children kwim. Again I don't know this is the case but none the less. All MOO.

Snoofo, IMO, we may be overlooking the impact that CM's death had on DM. There is a possibility that DM's parents had their own problems to deal with and CM was the really the steady hand or surrogate parent in DM's life. IMO, we may be able to equate CM's death to the loss of a parent- and if DM was so inclined, problems may have been exasperated after 2006. MOO

Snoofo, IMO, we may be overlooking the impact that CM's death had on DM. There is a possibility that DM's parents had their own problems to deal with and CM was the really the steady hand or surrogate parent in DM's life. IMO, we may be able to equate CM's death to the loss of a parent- and if DM was so inclined, problems may have been exasperated after 2006. MOO

Based on the reports from the Tinsmith neighbours who indicated they barely saw him around in the 10 years she lived there, it doesn't sound like he maintained much contact with his mother. There was also WM's obituary online where a condolence message from "mommy" possibly indicated she was not physically present in DM's life while he was experiencing the loss of his father. (JMO ... can't recall the wording).

I don't think it was ever determined exactly when MB and WM separated but IIRC it was around 2001/03, maybe earlier. DM would have been 16/18. I've wondered why he stayed with his father instead of moving with his mother. It's not like he would have been moving that far away from his friends and all the "action" so to speak. I would imagine at that age, he would have had his drivers license and free to come and go at will. It is JMO but most children (male or female) who have developed a strong, loving bond with their mothers tend to live with/chose to live with their mothers when parents split up/divorce. If DM left school in grade 10 as reported, then the reason would not be school related, leaving school and friends behind. Again he more than likely had his license and could have went wherever he pleased including school. As SB mentioned above based on neighbours' observations, DM wasn't a familiar face in the neighbourhood, spending time at/around his mother's house. At the time of the separation, and based on DM's age, IMHO is a crucial time in his life having to deal with parental separation. Not to mention the duration prior to, issues and reasons behind separation.

WM was 44 years old when DM was born and I am assuming MB was getting up there in years also when DM was born. I have to wonder if DM was an unintended pregnancy. If so, had DM been told this at some point in his life? That in itself could have a huge impact on someone's mental state/well being.

Possible reasons why I think DM remained living with WM
*DM stayed where the money was
*DM wasn't included in MB's plans when she left
*DM had a stronger bond with CM and/or WM
WM wanted DM more involved in the business, felt he had better control over DM under his roof
*DM threatened to be cut from WM's will or DM felt it was a possibility
*Stayed to be closer to friends
*MB had a love interest
*DM did not care for/get along with MB's love interest
*No strong bond between mother and son
*MB too strict
*DM played a role in parents separation/divorce, family tension
*MB cut herself off from WM and DM or vice versa

Of course this is JMO and thoughts. A well adjusted person just doesn't all of a sudden one day decide they are going to steal someone's truck and then murder them in the process. And especially in such a horrific way of disposing the murdered victim.

qt53.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian friends!

qt53.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadian friends!

:canada::leaf2::turkey::leaf2::canada:
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you also Bessie and all Canadian sleuthers!
:canada::leaf2::turkey::leaf2::canada:

I don't think it was ever determined exactly when MB and WM separated but IIRC it was around 2001/03, maybe earlier. DM would have been 16/18. I've wondered why he stayed with his father instead of moving with his mother. It's not like he would have been moving that far away from his friends and all the "action" so to speak. I would imagine at that age, he would have had his drivers license and free to come and go at will. It is JMO but most children (male or female) who have developed a strong, loving bond with their mothers tend to live with/chose to live with their mothers when parents split up/divorce. If DM left school in grade 10 as reported, then the reason would not be school related, leaving school and friends behind. Again he more than likely had his license and could have went wherever he pleased including school. As SB mentioned above based on neighbours' observations, DM wasn't a familiar face in the neighbourhood, spending time at/around his mother's house. At the time of the separation, and based on DM's age, IMHO is a crucial time in his life having to deal with parental separation. Not to mention the duration prior to, issues and reasons behind separation.

WM was 44 years old when DM was born and I am assuming MB was getting up there in years also when DM was born. I have to wonder if DM was an unintended pregnancy. If so, had DM been told this at some point in his life? That in itself could have a huge impact on someone's mental state/well being.

Possible reasons why I think DM remained living with WM
*DM stayed where the money was
*DM wasn't included in MB's plans when she left
*DM had a stronger bond with CM and/or WM
WM wanted DM more involved in the business, felt he had better control over DM under his roof
*DM threatened to be cut from WM's will or DM felt it was a possibility
*Stayed to be closer to friends
*MB had a love interest
*DM did not care for/get along with MB's love interest
*No strong bond between mother and son
*MB too strict
*DM played a role in parents separation/divorce, family tension
*MB cut herself off from WM and DM or vice versa

Of course this is JMO and thoughts. A well adjusted person just doesn't all of a sudden one day decide they are going to steal someone's truck and then murder them in the process. And especially in such a horrific way of disposing the murdered victim.

It seems to me that there are a lot of assumptions being made here. We have to first assume that he is a psychopath, then assume that the reason is because his parents didn't love him or, as it seems to be implied above, that a 16 year old child somehow played a role in his parent's divorce, or that there was not a normal bond between a child and their parents. Oh, yes, and lets not forget that we should also assume that he was an unplanned pregnancy because we happen to know the ages of his parents, and assume that he found that out, and was devastated.

More than half of all marriages end in divorce, if that was all it took to make kids psychos, I think that there would be a lot more psychopaths going around randomly killing people then there are now. Maybe you are right, and well adjusted people don't go around killing people for trucks, so maybe, it is just possible, that it is as he claims, and he is innocent.

The statistic that we are speaking of above states that a little over half of all psychopaths come from divorced families, and since a little over half of all marriages end in divorces, that doesn't seem to be very solid evidence that a) divorce leads to psycho kids, or that b) DM could be a psychopath because of his parent's divorce. Of course that is just my opinion, only.

As I have stated many times, I drive that road twice a day--every work day and today I spotted something that was not there on Friday....????

I took this photo on my cell phone at 1:30 pm this afternoon

John Deere Excavator directly behind the barn

Attachments

• excavator-Oct 14.JPG
    excavator-Oct 14.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 48
As I have stated many times, I drive that road twice a day--every work day and today I spotted something that was not there on Friday....????

I took this photo on my cell phone at 1:30 pm this afternoon

John Deere Excavator directly behind the barn

If I am not mistaken Hoping it appears to be the same one the neighbour took a picture of back in the swampy area. Wonder why it was moved if it is that one? LE have asked for it to be moved so they could do some more investigating in the swamp? Maybe it's going to be listed for sale under Millardair, items for sale. Possibly the rightful owner has been found and in time it will be returned to them? Someone getting ready to sell the farmland? Hmmm, interesting.

Maybe you should call LE to report this. If there is something going down on the farm that shouldn't be going down, LE would love to know about this. They may be able to answer right away if they are involved in the tractor being at the location. Could it be their tractor and they are getting ready for search number 4? All JMO. Thanks for sharing Hoping. :seeya:

Updating: No this one in the swamp is not a John Deere. There is another picture also, will go looking. The one with plywood around it.

Attachments

• backhoe swamp trevor dunn.JPG
    backhoe swamp trevor dunn.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 23
JMO only too ...Do normal ppl kill a man for a truck and than dispose of his BODY so nothing is left?....and if so...IMO that kijji would be a very unlikely place >>> for truck sales >>> just my opinion too>>>>....SMH,,,,robynhood......

Interesting the backhoe has returned (or been moved) .... if it had been on the farm all along it should have shown up in the overhead helicopter videos

Maybe DM owns the machine and it was returned after engine repair .... or a contractor returned to finish the job after the engine was repaired , that is presuming the contractor was was paid in advance , or still has a contract to fulfill .

Who knows .... could be any number of things .... I wonder the farm was (is) in M-Holdings name , or DM's name .... maybe they will go ahead and clean up the property regardless of the fate of DM

DM had planned to tear down the old barn and those large backhoes are often used for that as well as for digging dirt.

Thanks for the picture hopingforjustice

It looks to me like the same backhoe that was in the swamp ... at least the John Deere sticker and numbers on the boom are looking similar ... see below

Attachments

• john deere hoe 1.JPG
    john deere hoe 1.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 40
  • john deere 2.JPG
    john deere 2.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 40
Interesting the backhoe has returned (or been moved) .... if it had been on the farm all along it should have shown up in the overhead helicopter videos

Maybe DM owns the machine and it was returned after engine repair .... or a contractor returned to finish the job after the engine was repaired , that is presuming the contractor was was paid in advance , or still has a contract to fulfill .

Who knows .... could be any number of things .... I wonder the farm was (is) in M-Holdings name , or DM's name .... maybe they will go ahead and clean up the property regardless of the fate of DM

DM had planned to tear down the old barn and those large backhoes are often used for that as well as for digging dirt.

Thanks for the picture hopingforjustice

It looks to me like the same backhoe that was in the swamp ... at least the John Deere sticker and numbers on the boom are looking similar ... see below

Yes you're right Arnie, I was just comparing the pictures also and good catch, I didn't think the older picture said JD anywhere on it but not that you've enlarged it, it is the same one. Different angle also is deceiving.

Hey maybe you're right, demolish time of the big old barn. Do you think the tractor could have been secluded by trees and not seen in ariel images? Maybe it was stolen and hidden in the bush. It was staged to make it look like it belonged back there working. MOO.

Something's up...

All along I have been curious about the large blue tent-tarp in the bushes in the "picnic area" ..... for a while I considered it covered a big pile of dirt because of the shape of it ...

Could also be too many trees were in the way for LE to set up a normal rectangular tent.

Now I wonder if it was covering the backhoe ????

'kinda doubt it because it would mean the engine had been repaired and all the parts reassembled in the short time from aprox April (snow) to May 6th

Whatever the case , maybe the contractor has brought it close to the highway to move it home ... lots of possibilities I suppose

Take a look at the blue tarp below .... almost shaped like it could have been draped over the backhoe.

Attachments

• bare ground picnic area labled 1.jpg
    bare ground picnic area labled 1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 35
  • lge blue tent-tarp picnic area.jpg
    lge blue tent-tarp picnic area.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 35
I was also curious about the bare ground in that area .... thinking the Bobcat had been used to scrape it clean .... there is no new green growth there like everywhere else on the farm.

But if the Bobcat was used why would they have not scraped clean the "burned area" as well ??? .... unless the surface burning area was done as an afterthought after the Bobcat was parked ... of course presuming the Bobcat was used at all

For all we know the Backhoe and Bobcat are ... "not guilty" .... just like the barrels were found to be "not guilty" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill