General Discussion and Theories #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't 'Pedo' the Greek or Latin root word for 'child'?

Many people consider their pets to be their fur covered children these days, don't they?

Personally an animal named Pedo made me immediately think of Pedobear, the Internet pedophilia mascot meme

Pedobear.png

I've been wondering, given that May 9 date, if there's a chance that the CN connection might have had something to do with her going over to his place to rescue the critters and clean up a bit. An awfully bad idea under the circumstances, but she's barely more than a kid. Would she realize that? I seem to recall a number of people questioning where the dog might be and who was looking after the fish etc. (Wasn't there a fish tank?) Anyway. Just a ramble. MOO.

I don't think she would be facing life imprisonment for feeding the pets.

When the Toronto Star visited the home, which backs onto a golf course, in May following a police investigation, it was a mess, with clothing, documents and cans of soup strewn throughout. The only thing moving was a black cat.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...llard-s-mother-sells-1-2-million-family-home/

...and it doesn't sound like anyone was doing any cleaning.

I don't think she would be facing life imprisonment for feeding the pets.

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...llard-s-mother-sells-1-2-million-family-home/

...and it doesn't sound like anyone was doing any cleaning.

Anyway, I was just noodling over her charge referencing something she allegedly did on May 9, but I made a mistake. I forgot that he wasn't arrested until May 10, so whatever she did it couldn't have had anything to do with either of these things.

I think what would be of interest to LE, is if the dog was there to bark at an intruder or not.

If they thought an intruder murdered WM, why would they arrest DM for it? Was the intruder there as a witness in your scenario?

If they thought an intruder murdered WM, why would they arrest DM for it? Was the intruder there as a witness in your scenario?

Well I think the first thing LE would look at is if there had been someone else in the house, and the question of the dog would come up. Now if you want a scenario...

If the dog were unusually absent, that would be interesting. For instance in Indiana in 2012, there was a natural gas explosion that destroyed nearly 40 homes. One of the first hints of foul play was that the owners of the home at the epicenter of the blast had gone away for the weekend...and boarded their cat. Who boards a cat for a weekend?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Hill_explosion

Why would the dog be absent? Dogs can do unpredictable things. At a family gathering a family member collapsed, and her (large) dog immediately started digging furiously at her chest, and then proceeded to bite the first person that got to her. Frenchwoman ID, the first partial face transplant recipient, had attempted suicide and her dog, also a mild mannered breed (Labrador retriever) chewed at her nose, lips and chin while she was unconscious, seriously disfiguring her and necessitating the groundbreaking surgery she received.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20493572

Dog owners know that if there was a gunshot in the house their dog would leap to its feet, bark up a storm, and charge in the direction of the bang. What would be the normal reaction of a dog to the smell of fresh blood, and an inert owner?

Perhaps DM had to take the dog out of the house because the dog was going to mess with his carefully posed crime scene, and he feared if the dog interfered, it wouldn't look like suicide but a crime.

Well I think the first thing LE would look at is if there had been someone else in the house, and the question of the dog would come up. Now if you want a scenario...

If the dog were unusually absent, that would be interesting. For instance in Indiana in 2012, there was a natural gas explosion that destroyed nearly 40 homes. One of the first hints of foul play was that the owners of the home at the epicenter of the blast had gone away for the weekend...and boarded their cat. Who boards a cat for a weekend?

Why would the dog be absent? Dogs can do unpredictable things. At a family gathering a family member collapsed, and her (large) dog immediately started digging furiously at her chest, and then proceeded to bite the first person that got to her. Frenchwoman ID, the first partial face transplant recipient, had attempted suicide and her dog, also a mild mannered breed (Labrador retriever) chewed at her nose, lips and chin while she was unconscious, seriously disfiguring her and necessitating the groundbreaking surgery she received.

Dog owners know that if there was a gunshot in the house their dog would leap to its feet, bark up a storm, and charge in the direction of the bang. What would be the normal reaction of a dog to the smell of fresh blood, and an inert owner?

Perhaps DM had to take the dog out of the house because the dog was going to mess with his carefully posed crime scene, and he feared if the dog interfered, it wouldn't look like suicide but a crime.

Interesting. I think ABro is right. Where WAS Pedo that awful night? (And where is he now?)

(Added later) But do we know if Pedo was alive in 2013 and, if so, was in the possession of DM? Actually, come to think of it, Pedo seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line. Mind you, LE seems to have felt/believed that the pup was somewhere in the circle. Hmmm. Sticky!

Interesting examples, Snooper and a perfect illustration of why every investigative reporting team and homicide unit needs an animal lover on board.

[modsnip]

Pedo was alive and well in 2013 and is still woofing it up, maybe with fur granny.

I suspect the cops were curious about whether arrangements were made to get him off the premises on that fateful night.

Re his name, I guess I was wondering about the changing usage of pedo. Would most people see it as a reference to a pervert? Or just those of us who who spend too much time in court and with the urban dictionary?

It seems to me Dellen's bros would have all known the slang or am I mistaken?

Interesting examples, Snooper and a perfect illustration of why every investigative reporting team and homicide unit needs an animal lover on board.

Glad to see you've come around Carli. What a long journey it's been. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eg-Murder-15-May-2013-2&p=9698121#post9698121

Pedo was alive and well in 2013 and is still woofing it up, maybe with fur granny.

I suspect the cops were curious about whether arrangements were made to get him off the premises on that fateful night.

Re his name, I guess I was wondering about the changing usage of pedo. Would most people see it as a reference to a pervert? Or just those of us who who spend too much time in court and with the urban dictionary?

It seems to me Dellen's bros would have all known the slang or am I mistaken?

I can only speak for myself, but I always thought it was the Spanish version of the name, since he came from Mexico and was such a cute little stinker that they wanted to take him home.

So, since you say that Pedo is alive and still woofing it up, is that where he is now? With MB? (I guessing that's who you mean by fur granny.) I'm also guessing you know where he is if you know he's still around. Just curious.

Amazing examples.

It could definitely prove towards planning/motives.... Especially if the Dog seemed protective of some people (I had a dog that was mine but was more protective of my lady friend than me)

Or it could be a question in regards to an alibi... "Wasn't me, I was walking the dog" for example.

Headscratcher.

I can only speak for myself, but I always thought it was the Spanish version of the name, since he came from Mexico and was such a cute little stinker that they wanted to take him home.

So, since you say that Pedo is alive and still woofing it up, is that where he is now? With MB? (I guessing that's who you mean by fur granny.) I'm also guessing you know where he is if you know he's still around. Just curious.

Spanish version of what name? And does that really matter? I wouldn't name my dog Ugly even if it meant "little hunter" in some ancient Highlands dialect. ( I was once aghast when someone told me their dog was called Kitty, but I misheard and later learned it was Kiltie)

The only thing I know about Pedo's current situation is that MB gives DM reports on how he's doing. He could be with her or maybe she just sees him.

Spanish version of what name? And does that really matter? I wouldn't name my dog Ugly even if it meant "little hunter" in some ancient Highlands dialect. ( I was once aghast when someone told me their dog was called Kitty, but I misheard and later learned it was Kiltie)

few agree with you so now it doesn't matter? let's remember who brought it up:

In any case, Pedo the pup figured prominently in DM's life. And I will admit I'm intrigued by that choice of name. Pedo? Really? In this day and age? Doesn't it seem just a little provocative? Or is it just me?

it's been suggested it's pronounced pey-tho (soft d)... that wouldn't be naming their pup after a child molester, would it? has anyone actually heard dellen or a friend say the dog's name out loud? someone want to write him and ask since it's taken up almost a whole page discussion-wise lol

It's been suggested it's pronounced pey-tho (soft d)... that wouldn't be naming their pup after a child molester, would it? has anyone actually heard dellen or a friend say the dog's name out loud? someone want to write him and ask since it's taken up almost a whole page discussion-wise lol

This actually cracked me up for a moment. I had a vision of a sleuth shouting out the question during a court appearance. Lol.

Just adding to the absurdity!

The only thing I know about Pedo's current situation is that MB gives DM reports on how he's doing. He could be with her or maybe she just sees him.

I am curious as to how you are privy to the communications between DM and his mother. I assumed such communications were private, so how do you know what MB reports to DM?

few agree with you so now it doesn't matter? let's remember who brought it up:

it's been suggested it's pronounced pey-tho (soft d)... that wouldn't be naming their pup after a child molester, would it? has anyone actually heard dellen or a friend say the dog's name out loud? someone want to write him and ask since it's taken up almost a whole page discussion-wise lol

No, no, sorry for the confusion. Why he would name his pet Pedo does still interest me. He said it was because it was Greek for child, but I'm suggesting that what's interesting is that he made that choice despite knowing how others would interpret it, that it was a provocation, for shock value.

Of course, this is only my interpretation, and no one has to agree with it. And I will now drop my dogged pursuit of answers to this question.

Instead, maybe we could speculate about whether Dellen and Pedo sat around together eating dog biscuits. Kidding!

Or, in yet another dog angle, when MWJ was arrested, a dog was shot multiple times and killed by the SWAT team. And that is not a joke.

There are a million reasons why a dog might not be home, and not all of them have to do with murdering someone, in my opinion.

Lastly, do we even have an official media source telling us that DM's dog was not at home for WM's death, or are we all just responding to a rumour started here with no MSM articles to back up the story? Wasn't it a member of the media who started this rumour here, if I recall correctly, and isn't there a publication ban on supplying information about aspects of the case that have not yet been disclosed to the public? If a poster has inside information, it would be great to have that information verified before it is posted here as a fact, in my opinion.

You are right. No one has ever said that Pedo wasn't at home including me. I learned from talking to a source that the cops were asking about Pedo's whereabouts. He might very well have been at home. My point was that the cops were curious about the dog's whereabouts. That's all.

The publication ban prohibits the publication of evidence discussed in court. Reporters can reveal information they uncover on their own (as long as they're not breaking any other laws).

Funnily enough, this case has turned out to have a few dog angles. While investigating Wayne's murder, the cops asked a witness where Dellen's dog had been on the day of the death. Apparently, it was a key point. And then there were some other canine-related issues but they've slipped my mind....

Cherchez le chien if you want a scoop.

RSBM

Is this a rumour or is there MSM verification of this, please?

RSBM

Is this a rumour or is there MSM verification of this, please?

It's not a rumour nor has it ever been reported in the MSM.

All I can tell you is that it was told to me by a highly credible source. I have no doubt that it's completely true.

Do you find it surprising that the police would want to know about the dog's whereabouts?

You are right. No one has ever said that Pedo wasn't at home including me. I learned from talking to a source that the cops were asking about Pedo's whereabouts. He might very well have been at home. My point was that the cops were curious about the dog's whereabouts. That's all.

The publication ban prohibits the publication of evidence discussed in court. Reporters can reveal information they uncover on their own (as long as they're not breaking any other laws).

If you did not bring up the fact that DM's dog was not at home, please point to the post that did start that topic of discussion.

Also, re the publication ban; I find it hard to believe that reporters can report on anything that they find on their own outside of court, since it would then be possible that one could get around the publication ban by getting the scoop on the courts and publishing what has not yet been discussed in court but what is likely to be discussed at a future date. For example, say that one is aware that certain letters may come up in court at the next appearance, and one then decided to publish information about those letters existence a few days before time allows it to be discussed in court. That would still be a breach of the efforts of the crown to keep the jury pool untainted by disclosing possible evidence, would it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required