General Discussion and Theories #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember what thread we were having discussion about this. Just wanted to post that reporter Justin Robertson of The Spec states he was at the farm 5 days after Tim went missing; that would be Saturday or Sunday, May 11 or 12:

from a summary of Justin's tweets at:
http://storify.com/justinjourno/spectator-a-fistful-of-tweets-on-the-tim-bosma-inv.html

Five days after Bosma went missing I was sent to Millard's farm. The next series of tweets describes what I saw and what police were doing on the farm.

A lot of info and pics I haven't seen before at the above site.

Can't remember what thread we were having discussion about this. Just wanted to post that reporter Justin Robertson of The Spec states he was at the farm 5 days after Tim went missing; that would be Saturday or Sunday, May 11 or 12:

http://storify.com/justinjourno/spectator-a-fistful-of-tweets-on-the-tim-bosma-inv.html

Looking at some of the old pics, it does not look like the ground was prepared for planting (in the case of corn, the week TB disappeared would have been best)...so likely DM was not still renting out the fields

According to TC info. there has been no deliverable mail(2450 Derry rd, Hangar 5, Bay 1) wrt the G2's registration since 8-16-06 IIRC.
Thank you Mr. Angel ... "No deliverable mail" is a common "search reply phrase" on the Canada registry history .... (no big deal)

Many times you will see registration (dates) and cancel of registration (dates) but it is often because of bureaucratic paperwork .... sometimes due to re-certification or minor (paperwork - registry) changes. A helicopter has to be "signed off" by an APE (mechanic) every 100 flight hours (etc) ... and calendar dates come into effect too (even if no flying)

Look closely at the cancellation date and registry date of 2008_01_09 both the same day .... only difference being part of company name changed from "limited" to "inc" .... Bless you Mr Angel ... I enjoy all your posts .... your knowlege has value .... aren't you glad you are out from under the "paperwork bureaucracy" ... all you need now is to learn to fly helicopters ... then you will be perfect (smile) AM

Attachments

• Bell 47 C-FKLK Historical register Millardair.jpg
    Bell 47 C-FKLK Historical register Millardair.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 14
  • C-FKLK on public display.JPG
    C-FKLK on public display.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 13
Juballee, as far as I'm aware, obtaining search warrants may take a bit of time and from the article this quote came from they speak of "warrants". IMO that means they had to obtain more than 1 warrant. IMO, there findings were quick. Perhaps when they were trailing DM on the day they arrested him he visited the farm? Perhaps they had him under surveillance for a couple days before his arrest and had seen enough that they knew they had to make sure their warrants were squeaky clean. MOO

“We are convinced by the totality of the evidence that these are the remnants of Tim Bosma," De Caire told reporters. "The evidence indicates that the remains have been burned."
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/hamilton-police-confirm-death-timothy-bosma-142721901.html

Special attention to "remnants"...MOO

I have seen warrants that say the search can be conducted between say 12 and 9pm or anytime thereafter..... so I wonder why this is different ? Must be a different case IMO

I think if the neighbours couldn't keep it to themselves that they found an incinerator, that they would have been tweeting that they found a body to go with it, or a pile of ashes or whatnot.

IMO, if the neighbors had stumbled upon a body burned beyond recognition, like most normal human beings, they would be traumatized. I highly doubt they would sign onto Twitter, and start tweeting pictures and stories about what they saw. Finding an incinerator and tweeting pics is one thing, fiding a maimed murdered body and tweeting about it is quite another. MOO

rsbm, bbm

Or maybe it simply took many tries until a Judge was finally convinced enough to allow his signature on a warrant. Warrants are extremely specific and are made so in order to protect your rights and prevent "fishing" expeditions by the "state".

Yes, dogs and handlers are sometimes unavailable and I have experienced that several times during my Patrol days. Also many dept. have drug dogs, not cadaver dogs.

I don't think it takes much these days to get a warrant.... they get warrants based on virtually nothing half the time imo. I have seen several warrants and I cannot agree that all are specific. Many warrants are based on anonymous tips and 'informants' ...... hardly specific... JMO

How many cadaver dogs are required in the area at any given time... Do you mean to say that no cadaver dogs were available? Maybe they should stop spending money on superfluous brand new undercover vehicles (of which many stay parked up at the station half the time) and start training a few more dogs JMO

The dogs seem to be more than accurate and able to do their job..... so imo they are desperately needed by police depts to take up the slack.... JMO

IMO, if the neighbors had stumbled upon a body burned beyond recognition, like most normal human beings, they would be traumatized. I highly doubt they would sign onto Twitter, and start tweeting pictures and stories about what they saw. Finding an incinerator and tweeting pics is one thing, fiding a maimed murdered body and tweeting about it is quite another. MOO

Oh I dont know...people tweet their own suicides these days... there are some very 'expressive' and 'willing' tweeters out there IMO

Look how many have put their opinions and involvement on Facebook...... MOO JMO

I hear what you are saying (and agree) .... but maybe the farm neighbor is a genuine natural born sleuth who caught on to this whole thing before you and I , or LE , or anyone else .... including members on this forum

Same for the ... "observant witnesses" in the Brantford area .... and the .... "observant witness" of the "ambition tattoo" .... and the "observant witness" of the big black trailer parked in a residential driveway

Remember all LE did initially was notify the public .... the TB family and friends cooked it up to a higher public level .... but it was three or more common everyday sleuths who heard the pleas and provided the tips to bring this case to where it is today .

And then they are told to shut up while the rest of the world blabbers.

Long live the natural born sleuth

Obviously you've never seen a proper, genuine, legal search warrant. It specifies exactly what and where is to be searched. It lists (for the judge) exactly what is being looked for, why, and exactly where and why. Otherwise there would never be any admissible evidence admitted in court ever.

Now I do KNOW most defense lawyers and their ilk are dumb to the legalities of how warrants work, because I've had to hold their hand thru the process thousands of times when testifying in court.

Anyway, in the real world, you can't simply get a warrant for Ayr and search where you damn well please it is and has to be specific if for no other reason to make sure the search team get the right place.........

Actually I have most definitely seen what is termed a genuine, legal search warrant. I am not a liar !!!

I know what they say and I know that many are very loosely worded. Many are based on anonymous tips and 'informant' information... as I previously said....!!!!

The operative word is that it is 'believed' to be based on 'information received' .... they list what they 'expect' to find based on their belief.

The only thing 'specific' imo is the address...and that often doesn't stop them searching cars and taking data that they have no warrant for.... I am not totally oblivious to what goes on...

The only thing 'specific' imo is the address...and that often doesn't stop them searching cars and taking data that they have no warrant for.... I am not totally oblivious to what goes on...

In the Tori Stafford case LE had a warrant for MR's car and house and found a laptop. The judge ruled whatever was on the laptop (including child *advertiser censored* and google searches for it) inadmissible because LE did not get a specific warrant to search it.

In the Tori Stafford case LE had a warrant for MR's car and house and found a laptop. The judge ruled whatever was on the laptop (including child *advertiser censored* and google searches for it) inadmissible because LE did not get a specific warrant to search it.

Precisely...they need separate warrants for other things ie/jurisdictions... cars, data etc

I was not talking about 'specific warrants'.. I was talking about 'specifics written on warrants' hth

To put it simply......the ITO must be SPECIFIC enough and SUFFICIENTLY detailed enough to justify the infringing of someone's liberties. That's a pretty high standard.

Like I said before, I've had to help many defense members who thought they knew what they were referring to in a courtroom.

If you want to educate yourself on what happens if it isn't properly done research Rocka or Rocha on appeal IIRC.
If not, the evidence is not admissible per that "informant"/ case.

Yep ... and the public who knew what was on that laptop, waited with bated breath until the 12 good members of that jury found the SOB guilty anyway ... without even knowing what we knew. Sometimes there is a God.

To put it simply......the ITO must be SPECIFIC enough and SUFFICIENTLY detailed enough to justify the infringing of someone's liberties. That's a pretty high standard.

Like I said before, I've had to help many defense members who thought they knew what they were referring to in a courtroom.

If you want to educate yourself on what happens if it isn't properly done research Rocka or Rocha on appeal IIRC.
If not, the evidence is not admissible per that "informant"/ case.

Yes that is how it is supposed to be........

Yep ... and the public who knew what was on that laptop, waited with bated breath until the 12 good members of that jury found the SOB guilty anyway ... without even knowing what we knew. Sometimes there is a God.

I'm considering a marriage proposal right now due to you using "bated breath" correctly instead of "baited breath".

*nothing to see here, move along*

Was He there too? ;)

MR and TLM were both placed at the scene of the murder ..... whether TLM claims to have been the assailant or not. Both were responsible for her death due to the whole sequence of events IMO (without computer info being required)

A lot of info and pics I haven't seen before at the above site.

Thanks for that link, sillybilly. I hate to be a stickler on this, but if you go to JR's actual tweets, he was at the farm 5 days after he heard about Tim, not 5 days after Tim went missing. He first mentions Tim missing on May 9th. On May 10th, he spent most of the day in Brantford. On May 10th and 12th, he was tweeting and looking into things about Rams and Baja racing. And also on the 12th, he was tweeting about the truck being found at MB's. On May 13th, he replied to a tweet that said Hamilton forensics had arrived at the hangar "30 minutes ago", and questioned another tweeter who said that police were searching the farm (asked how they knew they were at the farm). Then he watched the Leafs game (on the 13th). On May 14th, he was at the farm and starting tweeting some pictures.

https://twitter.com/justinatthespec

Another interesting thing in his twitter account:

Justin Robertson‏@justinatthespec14 May
A police officer has been searching in the barn for 25 minutes. There are still police on horses on the property. pic.twitter.com/M7OWgOAjbX

Thanks for that link, sillybilly. I hate to be a stickler on this, but if you go to JR's actual tweets, he was at the farm 5 days after he heard about Tim, not 5 days after Tim went missing.
<rsbm>

Dunno .. in the link I posted, Justin specifically says:

Five days after Bosma went missing I was sent to Millard's farm. The next series of tweets describes what I saw and what police were doing on the farm.

Are we totally discounting the neighbour who owns the airstrip saying he heard LE was at the farm as early as Friday?

Ugggh on my phone his tweets only go as far back as the 14th. Is that as good as its going to get or can Iview more tweets from another device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member