General Discussion and Theories #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth could they discharge him when loaded weapons were involved???

http://www.lawnow.org/absolute-conditional-discharges-canadian-criminal-law/

I'm sorry, but that's not a minor offence to me and it should be against the public interest. JMO

Well, I guess his last two trials should bode well for him in the next one for weapons trafficking. For some reason, they don't seem to want to give him any criminal convictions or a criminal record. :sheesh: :fishy:

Plea deal?

A little cooperation can help , a lot of cooperation can help a lot.

A little cooperation can help , a lot of cooperation can help a lot.

What cooperation do you think he may have given? The last we heard was that, although his co-accused had plead guilty, MWJ was pleading not guilty and had chosen trial by jury.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2015/03/spectator-challenge-of-secret-bosma-trial-proceedings-set-for-april-7.html

Maybe he admitted to a small amount of marijuana again and let the other guy take the rap for the rest?

MWJ's original list of charges from January 4, 2014:

1. Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
2. Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
3. Six counts of Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
4. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
5. Careless Storage of Firearm
6. Possession of cocaine
7. Possession of marijuana
8. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
9. Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance

JH's original list of charges from January 4, 2014:

3. Six counts of Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
6. Possession of cocaine

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2014/01/tempers-flare-in-cornwall-ontario-regional-police-blotter-for-monday-jan-6-2014-tps-opp-cps/

What cooperation do you think he may have given? The last we heard was that, although his co-accused had plead guilty, MWJ was pleading not guilty and had chosen trial by jury.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2015/03/spectator-challenge-of-secret-bosma-trial-proceedings-set-for-april-7.html

Maybe he admitted to a small amount of marijuana again and let the other guy take the rap for the rest?

Maybe he was just the pawn in this, you might say lowest billing on the poster when the circus comes to town?

MWJ will save a lot of money in that though he was found guilty, he doesn't need a lawyer to deal with anything more on the case. If it was a plea deal, there's the incentive.

I can't see DM having a lot of power over MWJ. That is, MWJ was MS's childhood friend, not DM's, and if MWJ passed DM the trafficked gun, MWJ has dirt on DM...but because LE has been all over MWJ and charged him with marijuana, coke and guns charges, I don't think there is anything LE might not know about MWJ's dealings now that DM might hold over MWJ.

MWJ was facing a lot of jail time, and would save a lot of money, if only he could come up with a deal.

It would be interesting if this is what happened.

ETA: MWJ's biological clock is also ticking. As he sits in his jail cell, his own cells are dividing and renewing and shuffling around the ink under his skin. In a few decades, he'll be a mottled blue smurf, but right now his tats are sharp and photogenic. He can't while away time in jail, tats fading, if he wants a career in modelling (for videos, etc.). He sunk a lot of money into his tats, and needs to make them pay off. Another big reason why he might deal.

Maybe he was just the pawn in this, you might say lowest billing on the poster when the circus comes to town?

MWJ will save a lot of money in that though he was found guilty, he doesn't need a lawyer to deal with anything more on the case. If it was a plea deal, there's the incentive.

I can't see DM having a lot of power over MWJ. That is, MWJ was MS's childhood friend, not DM's, and if MWJ passed DM the trafficked gun, MWJ has dirt on DM...but because LE has been all over MWJ and charged him with marijuana, coke and guns charges, I don't think there is anything LE might not know about MWJ's dealings now that DM might hold over MWJ.

MWJ was facing a lot of jail time, and would save a lot of money, if only he could come up with a deal.

It would be interesting if this is what happened.

ETA: MWJ's biological clock is also ticking. As he sits in his jail cell, his own cells are dividing and renewing and shuffling around the ink under his skin. In a few decades, he'll be a mottled blue smurf, but right now his tats are sharp and photogenic. He can't while away time in jail, tats fading, if he wants a career in modelling (for videos, etc.). He sunk a lot of money into his tats, and needs to make them pay off. Another big reason why he might deal.

The pawn in what? The guns and drugs charges or the trafficking a gun charge? I wouldn't say he's the lowest billing in the guns and drugs charges in comparison to his co-accused who plead guilty.

I don't see what DM having or not having power over him has to do with either of the charges. What exactly is the deal that you think he made? Just his testimony that he sold the gun?? If they need that testimony that bad, then that trial might have some pretty big hurdles to overcome. Plus, he would then have to plead guilty to the weapons trafficking charges unless he got another deal when that one comes up. I guess we could suppose that he is going to testify that DM told him what he wanted the gun for. Even then, unless he has some physical evidence to go along with his testimony, how much credence would someone be given who got the next best deal since Karla? I also doubt that being a rat would go over really great in his crowd, no matter who it was that he was ratting on. Once a rat, always a rat.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. I do, however, agree with the part about the tats being another big reason why he might deal - in drugs and guns. He sure didn't earn the money for all those tats with his singing career.

All JMO.

MWJ's original list of charges from January 4, 2014:

6. Possession of cocaine
8. Possession of Proceeds of Crime
9. Four counts of Fail to Comply with Recognizance

JH's original list of charges from January 4, 2014:

6. Possession of cocaine

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2014/01/tempers-flare-in-cornwall-ontario-regional-police-blotter-for-monday-jan-6-2014-tps-opp-cps/

Thanks, cansleuther. That's a pretty hefty list of charges to end up with no criminal charges and no criminal record. It certainly wasn't his first trip around the track with those four counts of failing to comply. I wonder which charges stuck for the discharge. All of them, or just the possession of marijuana one. If this was a deal instead of a lack of evidence for most of the charges, I also wonder why the guy with less charges didn't go along for the ride instead of just pleading guilty. It must suck to be the low guy on the totem pole.

JMO

The pawn in what? The guns and drugs charges or the trafficking a gun charge? I wouldn't say he's the lowest billing in the guns and drugs charges in comparison to his co-accused who plead guilty.

I don't see what DM having or not having power over him has to do with either of the charges. What exactly is the deal that you think he made? Just his testimony that he sold the gun?? If they need that testimony that bad, then that trial might have some pretty big hurdles to overcome. Plus, he would then have to plead guilty to the weapons trafficking charges unless he got another deal when that one comes up. I guess we could suppose that he is going to testify that DM told him what he wanted the gun for. Even then, unless he has some physical evidence to go along with his testimony, how much credence would someone be given who got the next best deal since Karla? I also doubt that being a rat would go over really great in his crowd, no matter who it was that he was ratting on. Once a rat, always a rat.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. I do, however, agree with the part about the tats being another big reason why he might deal - in drugs and guns. He sure didn't earn the money for all those tats with his singing career.

All JMO.

I don't think that MWJ is all the big deal that he's made out to be.

In the first set of (drug) charges, MWJ was found not guilty (I don't know if I can post it here, but the case is on CANLII with DP as lawyer). All I can say is that it's obvious that MWJ was not living the lifestyle of a kingpin, but of a bit player.

In the second set of charges (with the guns) MWJ was found guilty. He faced three years time for the first offense http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/99-weapons-trafficking I would not call getting out of a three year sentence to be the best deal since Karla, who would have faced multiple life imprisonment sentences if she were properly convicted, not a relatively minor three years.

I guess MWJ is not the big fish that LE wants to catch: that's DM.

People who want to tag MWJ as the conductor and orchestrator of the crimes DM conducted and orchestrated are going to be disappointed though, I guess.

To sort this out properly you have to work backwards

After DM was arrested for the TB murder , police worked backwards to the death of WM , and the path lead backwards to a gun , which lead backwards to MWJ as the supplier of the gun .

Police obviously found something to make those connections , they didn't just pick MWJ out of the blue.

I don't think that MWJ is all the big deal that he's made out to be.

In the first set of (drug) charges, MWJ was found not guilty (I don't know if I can post it here, but the case is on CANLII with DP as lawyer). All I can say is that it's obvious that MWJ was not living the lifestyle of a kingpin, but of a bit player.

In the second set of charges (with the guns) MWJ was found guilty. He faced three years time for the first offense http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/99-weapons-trafficking I would not call getting out of a three year sentence to be the best deal since Karla, who would have faced multiple life imprisonment sentences if she were properly convicted, not a relatively minor three years.

I guess MWJ is not the big fish that LE wants to catch: that's DM.

People who want to tag MWJ as the conductor and orchestrator of the crimes DM conducted and orchestrated are going to be disappointed though, I guess.

Well that was a mess to read. If it was always that hard to prove that "evidence" was "fact" in all trials, our jails would be pretty empty.

He was found guilty of possession of marijuana in the first set of charges (or the first set we're talking about anyway), and not guilty of all the other charges. From the CANLII link, he was already on probation at the time and ordered to live with his co-accused. He was also under surveillance as a suspected drug trafficker when this happened. But hey, lots of people probably keep that kind of cash in a safe in their closet.

He hasn't had his trial yet for the gun trafficking, only the one for possession of drugs, loaded prohibited weapons, and ammunition. Although the sentencing guidelines are the same, it wasn't the sentences I was comparing for the cushy deal. I was referring more to the number of charges and the fact that they included loaded restricted weapons. I thought we were supposed to be trying to get these illegal weapons off the streets in Canada. I'm sure the case went along the same lines - "I may have been with the guns and drugs, but you can't prove they were in my control and possession".

DM is charged with murder. MWJ just keeps getting charged with drugs and guns. I seriously doubt that DM's murder charges through the homicide unit would make the guns and drugs squad, or the courts, want to keep letting MWJ off on unrelated drug and weapon charges. I also highly doubt that DM is the kingpin in MWJ's world - therefore, not the big fish that LE wants to catch in that particular pond. If DM is the only big fish that LE wants to catch out of all the other crimes happening in Canada, regardless of what those other crimes are, than our system is really messed up.

I haven't seen anyone ever suggest that MWJ is the conductor or orchestrator of the crimes DM has been accused of. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. It is possible to be curious about or interested in someone else's crimes, someone who has been linked to DM through the alleged sale of a gun, without thinking that person committed or was a part of the murders. The world doesn't begin and end with DM.

JMO

To sort this out properly you have to work backwards

After DM was arrested for the TB murder , police worked backwards to the death of WM , and the path lead backwards to a gun , which lead backwards to MWJ as the supplier of the gun .

Police obviously found something to make those connections , they didn't just pick MWJ out of the blue.

Yes, I realize that. But I still don't understand what it is that people think MWJ can offer to get that kind of a deal, to get 9 charges wiped off of his record. Especially when those charges aren't even the ones that were connected to DM.

ObserverPerson's post directing folks to an interesting comment on social media was fine, but subsequent posts discussing the content have been removed because the information must be considered rumour (not having come from LE or MSM or a known player). We don't bring rumour to WS and discuss it. You just have to mentally tuck it away and know that it exists.

To briefly summarize re social media and rumour ..

If you read a post/comment that you think is relevant but the info hasn't been confirmed through LE or MSM (therefore considered rumour), you can direct members to it and link to it without providing details or discussing it (i.e. interesting post by ABC on June 3 ...). Rumours can become misinterpreted as established fact down the road.

The Rules - Etiquette & Information (Social Networks)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

You have to wonder how a kid like DM with deep blue collar roots on both sides ended up hanging out with these guys who are living the lifestyle of a gangster.

Perhaps it was the pressure to deny his blue collar identity and become a polished professional (private school) that made DM strike back against his parents by hanging out with the wrong kind of people.

While the lawyer for DM touted him as a prep school kid that had never had a brush with the law, DM didn't want to be seen that way in the jailhouse interview:

"I shop at Costco. I don't buy expensive clothes. I'm a bargain hunter. I have one Hugo Boss suit."

And he blew cash on massive parties that became renowned among his friends.

"I aspired to that image in some ways because people wanted that of me"

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4...dellen-millard-says-he-didn-t-kill-tim-bosma/

We'll have to see if his fairweather friends stand by him now.

Ann Brocklehurst ‏@AnnB03

clarification: All charges against Matthew Ward-Jackson stemming from Jan. 2014 AK47 were thrown out last week. I haven't read judgment yet

9:52 AM - 17 Aug 2015 · Details

[video=twitter;633320425548701696]https://twitter.com/AnnB03/status/633320425548701696[/video]

http://www.magistratescourt.tas.gov...ings/m/munnings,_helen_karel_-_2012_tascd_138

Another case, but I think very interesting re Laura and her disappearance and her assumed death.

Well, they are sure HM is dead for the same reasons LB is assumed to be dead: her electronic trail went dead.

54. I assume it is possible for a person to deliberately disappear without trace and commence a new life elsewhere, either in Tasmania, another part of Australia or overseas. However, it must require considerable planning and resources, particularly when so much of modern society depends on information technology. Such a person must first travel to another place and then have a place to live and means of support, all without discovery. It is likely that, at least, a new identity and an independent source of income would be required. The prospect of this happening in Tasmania would, for obvious reasons, be remote.

61. I find the only reasonable explanation for Helen Munnings’ disappearance and continued absence, consistent with all the evidence, is that she is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShayGonCray