General Discussion Thread #1 -Bail Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH
VP of law society here tells me #OscarPistorius still has "long battle ahead." But predicts bail will be granted. Defence had "v good day."

so you're standing in front of the toilet with a loaded gun plus a cricket bat. only a very small window and the door is locked. why not call the cops?

so you're standing in front of the toilet with a loaded gun plus a cricket bat. only a very small window and the door is locked. why not call the cops?

IMO I think the steroids are going to play a part in all this. It's going to come out he wasn't of a rational mind. Not this this is a defense, it still makes him guilty of murder mind you. But it's going to explain why he didn't do certain things (check on his GF).

The witness who said they heard her screams but yet were over 600 yards (6 football field lengths) away really makes the prosecution look bad. How do you even present that?

At least CONFIRM your GF is not in there before shooting.

Can't wait to hear what comes about once forensic testing is complete.

As far as the 600 yards, I think that was a mistake. The neighbor had to be a neighbor, not someone in another area entirely. I couldn't tell you if something was 60 feet away, just not my area. I couldn't tell you if something was 20 feet away. I would say across the street, however far that is.

Why not call the cops when standing in front of the bathroom with a gun and a bat? IDK. Panic I guess. Smartest thing to do would be to stay away from that door and call the police. Lets not forget OP seems to have a bit of a strong, rash, and rush, rush, personality. At least according to all the old reports of fast driving, arguments, showing strong emotions, and of course, excelling at being a runner. I just hope whenever he gets out of jail, he is never allowed to own a gun again. First the "accidental" shooting of the friend's gun, then the "accidental" murder of his lover. This man should not own guns or any kind of powered weapons, ie.crossbow, etc...

Exactly. And he had to get his gun from under the bed. How did he not see she was not in bed?

I am wondering how he could miss it, especially at the height he would be without his legs on.

IMO I think the steroids are going to play a part in all this. It's going to come out he wasn't of a rational mind. Not this this is a defense, it still makes him guilty of murder mind you. But it's going to explain why he didn't do certain things (check on his GF).

The witness who said they heard her screams but yet were over 600 yards (6 football field lengths) away really makes the prosecution look bad. How do you even present that?

Botha later corrected himself and said they were 300 yards away!

I would like to know more about testo compositum coenzyme - the "herbal remedy" which is not a banned substance.

http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/...stes-compositum-testosterone-booster-10x1-ml/

http://www.shopping.com/Heel-Coenzyme-Compositum-100-tablets-Heel/info#keyFeatures

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...of-performanceenhancing-drug-use-8502857.html

I am wondering how he could miss it, especially at the height he would be without his legs on.

And if he claims he heard an intruder, wouldn't he want to warn his girlfriend about it? As he was getting his gun out from under the bed (and apparently from the same side of the bed she was sleeping at)? Him not checking if she was in bed (if one believes his story to begin with) sounds incredibly reckless.

I would like to know more about testo compositum coenzyme - the "herbal remedy" which is not a banned substance.

http://superhumangear.com/store_wp/...stes-compositum-testosterone-booster-10x1-ml/

http://www.shopping.com/Heel-Coenzyme-Compositum-100-tablets-Heel/info#keyFeatures

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...of-performanceenhancing-drug-use-8502857.html

Seems the name is really "testis compositum" and is an herbal type of testosterone booster.

Here is one example, there are many places to buy it though:

http://www.nutritiondynamics.com/products/Testis-compositum-Tablets.html

Here is some data:

http://www.homotoxicology.net/matmed/combo/Ind4lgrh.htm

ETA: OMG, seems the one you have linked at superhumangear contains: bee pollen; silver; and bull semen! :sick: Ingredients:

Composition of 1 ml:

Apis regina (queen bee)Gl Dil. D5 0,1 g (HAB, Vs. 41c);

Argentum metallicum (silver) Dil. D5 0,1 g (HAB, Vs. 6);

Testes bovis Gl Dil. D7 0,1 g (HAB, Vs. 41a). (testes organ extract of bovine origin)

I have never found herbal remedies to really help with anything for me, but I have never tried testosterone nor needed to. Must keep in mind that the drink "Red Bull" is similar to this supplement.

Seems to me herbals as such are more of a placebo, if you believe that bull semen is working for you, then it IS working for you.

BBM

That's still pretty far away for an accurate witness statement. 300 yards = 900 feet. That would be more than a few average city blocks.

And if he claims he heard an intruder, wouldn't he want to warn his girlfriend about it? As he was getting his gun out from under the bed (and apparently from the same side of the bed she was sleeping at)? Him not checking if she was in bed (if one believes his story to begin with) sounds incredibly reckless.

Well, didn't he say he screamed at her (before the shots) to call police? I can't remember if that was verified or not.

andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH
VP of law society here tells me #OscarPistorius still has "long battle ahead." But predicts bail will be granted. Defence had "v good day."
Understatement of the century! Good grief. Talk about effective counsel.

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I was last on here.
Very confusing case, but I'm still trying to keep an open mind.
I've read a couple of articles about past interviews with OP, where he claims that the only time he feels vulnerable about his disability is at night time when he is in bed without his legs on.That is why he has a gun and bats in his bedroom. South Africa is not a safe place to live so I can understand why he feels more afraid at night-time, more so than able bodied people. I was as baffled as everyone else until I read yesterday's hearing. I now feel his explanation is more plausible than the prosecutions.
One of my doubts is why Reeva was wearing shorts and t-shirt at that time of the morning. Whether it was a pyjama set or outdoor clothing could make a big difference to this mystery.

Do we know if the GF was on the toilet and actually using the restroom or not? I know I find the BF story quite a stretch but I am trying to see if she was or had actually been on the toilet and going to potty or if she was just hiding in the bathroom which I suspect is the case.

Surely after firing the first shot, there would have been screams from inside the toilet which would quickly tell him it was his girlfriend, the first shot would have to have killed her outright but she was still alive after all shots were fired.
As he thought the burglar had locked himself in the toilet, why didn't he keep the door covered while phoning for help?.

The first thing we do when we hear a noise in the night is to inform your partner, if he/she is missing, its more than likely they have gone to the toilet or to get a cuppa, its common sense to eliminate family/friends first. whitedove.

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I was last on here.
Very confusing case, but I'm still trying to keep an open mind.
I've read a couple of articles about past interviews with OP, where he claims that the only time he feels vulnerable about his disability is at night time when he is in bed without his legs on.That is why he has a gun and bats in his bedroom. South Africa is not a safe place to live so I can understand why he feels more afraid at night-time, more so than able bodied people. I was as baffled as everyone else until I read yesterday's hearing. I now feel his explanation is more plausible than the prosecutions.
One of my doubts is why Reeva was wearing shorts and t-shirt at that time of the morning. Whether it was a pyjama set or outdoor clothing could make a big difference to this mystery.

Is she was on the toilet and going to the restroom when she was shot wouldnt her pants be down?

Do we know if the GF was on the toilet and actually using the restroom or not? I know I find the BF story quite a stretch but I am trying to see if she was or had actually been on the toilet and going to potty or if she was just hiding in the bathroom which I suspect is the case.

We don't know. Since she is gone, we will never know with any certainty.

Here is a piccie of Oscar's account.

View attachment 29972

Thanks for posting this. I REALLY want to believe this guy, but I have a few problems with the scenario:

1.) After he closed the balcony door, he needed to go to the OTHER side of the bed to retrieve the gun-why wouldn't he have noticed she wasn't in bed?
2.) Why would Reeva lock the bathroom door? I suppose the relationship was rather new, but it seems as though she would trust that he wouldn't just barge into the bathroom if she was just going to the bathroom.
3.) How was she found? Was she fully clothed? Was there any indication that she had been using the toilet or had just used the toilet? Why would she be sitting crouched down, fully clothed on the floor of the bathroom when she was shot? It would seem to me that if she were using the toilet, she would have been found on the toilet at least partially undressed.
4.) The trajectory of the bullets is going to tell a lot. If they truly are downward, then he's toast. If they are upward, and consistent with him not having his prosthetics on, then he is a bit more believable.
5.) What does his story say about why this happened in the wee hours? Were they both asleep at some point prior to him getting up to close the door? Or did he say they were up late doing other things, i.e. talking, getting romantic, etc...?
6.) He supposedly said, get out of my house and then fired. That doesn't make much sense. You would think he would say something like "who's in there?" and at least waited for some kind of response. Why wouldn't have Reeva at least made some kind of utterance at hearing him yell prior to his shooting?
7.) What happened to the report of the police being called to the home earlier in the evening? Is that not true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3