General Discussion Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I don't believe them!!! Over 2 weeks and no one bothered to tell Botha the charges were reinstated?? 7 attempted murder charges? I call bull shyte!! :D

Call whatever you like, but you have the prosecutor saying he didn't know, Botha saying he didn't know and the Police saying they didn't know...so believe whatever you like (and you may be totally correct) but who will the court believe??? only someone who can come up with facts. and 3 credible witnesses all agree.

Facts and Evidence Support the Following:

After lengthy argument (with or without other assualt) likely ending up in bathroom, where Pist strikes Reeva's phone from her grasp; She escapes into toilet closet and locks door.

Pist trots to bedroom, gathers gun; returns to 'hearing sounds' of Reeva flushing or urinating into toilet; fires 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th bullets diagonally, targeting 2-3 feet above toilet seat, to strike Reeva’s head/ upper body, until her screaming stops.

A well-conceived, perfectly executed, execution.. demonstrating considerable decision-making and specific intent in those final moments.. including concocting the only scenario which provides the "excuse" of 'I couldn't see the person I decided to shoot to death.'

Consider the probability that the person in the bathroom next to your bedroom at 3 AM is your bed mate who's not within your sight at the moment ? (I'd say, about 99.9999%)

And considering that the subject home has sophisticated security system and is within a walled, gated, armed-guarded complex; 99.99999999999%.

By the forensics,facts, Pist own affidavit, witnesses and Pist history of jealous aggression and violent threats, Pist killing of Ms.Steenkamp is likely one of the most well-documented cases of cold-blooded murder in history. It would take a buffoon to rule the killing to be an ‘accident’. We’ll see how SA trial judge does.

I believe Pist crocodile tears are real - for himself.
He's very sorry that he '******ed up' HIS life.

If Pist also crushed Reeva’s skull, ‘reinstatement’ of jail/ revocation of bail, should occur immediately upon filing of the autopsy report.

(And Botha should be arrested and charged with perjury, obstruction and conspiracy/ accessory to murder.)

http://www.bellenews.com/2013/02/24...ll-with-a-cricket-bat-police-told-her-family/

:clap:

I want to howl at the moon regarding the family statement, prompted by a "leak" indicating that Oscar will be holding a private memorial service on Thursday.

Who would leak this kind of information? What kind of insensitivity is this? Have the memorial privately then, dont announce it. Have your friends over and then everyone say a few words....I call shenanigans on the leak, frankly.

This continues to be a horror show for her family. Regardless of his reasoning, he killed her. Stop with the media. Just stop it. Grieve privately-just shut up and grieve if that is actually what he is doing.

This is so OJ to me.

Just for clarification it was a projectile that was found in the toilet, not an ejected cartridge.

Yes. A "spent bullet" in the words of Mr. Roux, if I recall. Confirmed by Det. Botha.

A rather significant difference, I would say. :)

I did point out rather earlier that were a casing to have been found in the toilet bowl the ceiling would fall in on OP's case faster than he could strap on his blades, but the presence of a slug in there is nothing like as destructive to his narrative. It does not, for instance, place him inside the door with a gun in his hand, where some would like him to be.

Since we're all fessing up to how we feel about innocence or guilt, I should perhaps state at this point that No, I don't think he's innocent (or if by some freak of nature he is innocent of the murder charge and guilty "only" of culpable homicide, he nevertheless ought to be locked up for a long time anyway as he's a serious danger to himself and society).
He's either staggeringly, mindbogglingly stupid (and off-the-chart Montana Man paranoid) or he's criminally insane. Neither of these is much to write home about, in my view.

However, by the same token, No, I definitely DON'T buy into the sort of theories that are being put out there (and here) at the moment on the strength of one article that has not been backed up by any other reliable news source in the course of several days. Unfortunately, while there are plenty out there who have no idea whatsoever of the true provenance of that Daily Mail story that continues to haunt us, there will be plenty who happily believe, hell YEAH, he smashed her head in with a cricket bat, and will start drawing further conclusions from that...

I'd sooner wait and see.

I should also say I have a certain respect for OP's achievements, but nothing much else: he's not any particular icon as far as I'm concerned.
Aside from the slightly endearing aspects of the disability, he's just another ridiculously overpaid sporting entertainer in my eyes. The two wheelchair athletes I referred to earlier could not even dream of emulating his earnings from sponsorship or his glamorous lifestyle, and yet they are to my mind no lesser heroes than him. I have no emotional investment whatsoever in his being acquitted.

I'd guess not being South African makes a difference, as he probably has been turned into a local hero, and has also helped the SA "brand" somehow.
Even so, I'm sure there are plenty in that racially-charged country who want to see him fall and fall heavily.

As far as I'm concerned he's also something of a "case" or "meme" or "lab specimen" - just one more 21st century example of an Icarus who was encouraged to fly higher by the baying public and the media and whose eventual steepling fall from a great height is greeted with scorn and derision just as loud as the cheers and the clapping as he climbed up.

Do I think he'll get off? No.
Do I think the bail hearing was completely kosher? Not sure about that.
It's tempting to imagine someone leaning on the prosecution just a little bit, just enough not to have him banged up in a jail where he could end up dead (either killed or by his own hand) in three months.

South African interests - maybe even at government level - want to be able to limit the damage surrounding Oscar's fall from grace. They won't shy away from sentencing him, as at least then "justice will have been done and seen to have been done" on their own terms. But I do still have a sneaking suspicion they'd have gone to some lengths to ensure he didn't get remanded without bail pending his trial.

And it's a tough call to say if that was "celebrity justice" or not. If you say it was, and also acknowledge that there was a pretty strong possibility of the defendant's being harmed before trial, you might be in danger of saying:
"Who cares if he dies in jail - he did it anyway."

Interesting.... JSEarthlink, who is the author of the stuff above, in a comment (apparently the ONLY comment) below the Bellenews article, has also seen fit to add something under the pseudonym of MNJustice on YouTube, here, on a site put up by somebody called CreationvsAtheist, and among the videos offered are one that tells us Pope Benedict is being drugged and held captive in Rome (???WTF???):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPsKfbeA_M

Text goes a little like this...

Consider the probability that the person in the bathroom next to your bedroom at 3 AM is your bed mate who's not within your sight at the moment ? (I'd say, about 99.9999%)
And considering that the subject home has sophisticated security system and is within a walled, gated, armed-guarded complex; 99.99999999999%.
If Pist also crushed Reeva’s skull, ‘reinstatement’ of jail/ revocation of bail, should occur immediately upon filing of the autopsy report.
+ obstruction, conspiracy for Botha

This chap gets around, at least. But the Bellenews article offers nothing that indicates it isn't culled directly from the same initial Daily Mail effort. They merely did not have the good grace or politeness to acknowledge where they stole it from.

This isn't helping me to believe in this cricket bat story.

IMO the cricket bat story being true after autopsy report back was first reported on TV by Carte Blanche - not the Daily Mirror - maybe only on video now. There is an article where the parents admit that they had been told that she had been hit with a cricket bat. I am looking for that too.

IMO the cricket bat story being true after autopsy report back was first reported on TV by Carte Blanche - not the Daily Mirror - maybe only on video now. There is an article where the parents admit that they had been told that she had been hit with a cricket bat. I am looking for that too.

I read the bat theory on the AP wire, IIRC....maybe it was CNN.

Do I think he'll get off? No.
Do I think the bail hearing was completely kosher? Not sure about that.
It's tempting to imagine someone leaning on the prosecution just a little bit, just enough not to have him banged up in a jail where he could end up dead (either killed or by his own hand) in three months.

South African interests - maybe even at government level - want to be able to limit the damage surrounding Oscar's fall from grace. They won't shy away from sentencing him, as at least then "justice will have been done and seen to have been done" on their own terms. But I do still have a sneaking suspicion they'd have gone to some lengths to ensure he didn't get remanded without bail pending his trial.

And it's a tough call to say if that was "celebrity justice" or not. If you say it was, and also acknowledge that there was a pretty strong possibility of the defendant's being harmed before trial, you might be in danger of saying:
"Who cares if he dies in jail - he did it anyway."

BBM, and I respect every word of your post. I think he will get away with it, to be honest. Every fiber of my being prays that I am wrong. And I think the scenario behind her murder, her intentional murder, isnt sexy or complicated. Like any garden variety domestic batterer (jmvho), he killed her because he could. The ultimate form of control. And he believes that because he is acclaimed, it will be OK.

I think Estelle is correct about the source of misinformation on the bat issue.

IIRC, Daily Mail culls the internet for all stories on a topic and slaps them up together, along with culled photos, for one entire story.

IMO the cricket bat story being true after autopsy report was reported on TV by Carte Blanche - not the Daily Mirror.

Estelle: spot the difference.

1. Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.
Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.
But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nkamp-cricket-bat-shot-her.html#ixzz2M3Fmc4si
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Oscar Pistorius crushed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.
Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.
Her family, who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Oscar Pistorius.
Read more: http://www.bellenews.com/2013/02/24...ket-bat-police-told-her-family/#ixzz2M3GYZigh

1. dates from Feb 23rd.
2. dates from Feb 24th, so we know who copied whom...
But why did they NEED to copy them? Wasn't this story out there all over the place?
Nope.
The same tired old copy keeps cropping up under different bylines (sometimes with a DM credit, sometimes - rather shabbily - without).

As for Carte Blanche, is this what you mean? From the transcript:

The NPA's Medupe Simasiku was able to shed some light on speculation surrounding the cricket bat, which the defence says Oscar used to bash down the toilet door when he realised Reeva may be inside.

Devi: "The cricket bat - was the cricket bat bloodied or not?"

Medupe Simasiku (Spokesperson: NPA): "As per information revealed in court yesterday, yes. But remember it is part of the investigation, it is part of the ballistics and forensic information that is still awaited to make sure that whatever we now give to court during trial will be fair and square."

I'm not sure this says anything more than we knew already, namely that a bloodied cricket bat was found at the scene. Oh, and a "spent bullet" in the WC bowl.
Or are we talking of different Carte Blanche programmes?

Thanks everyone for providing links on this. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.

BBM, and I respect every word of your post. I think he will get away with it, to be honest. Every fiber of my being prays that I am wrong. And I think the scenario behind her murder, her intentional murder, isnt sexy or complicated. Like any garden variety domestic batterer (jmvho), he killed her because he could. The ultimate form of control. And he believes that because he is acclaimed, it will be OK.

You nailed it.

I think Estelle is correct about the source of misinformation on the bat issue.

IIRC, Daily Mail culls the internet for all stories on a topic and slaps them up together, along with culled photos, for one entire story.

I never thought I'd come to the aid of the Daily Mail, but no, I think in this particular instance they are more sinned against than sinning. It's OTHERS who are doing the trawling and culling. Actually events like this do remind one of the paucity of independent reporting out there, with most outlets content to grab the AP feed or suchlike. This time all the chattering sites have decided to borrow the Mail's stuff. God knows why.

Anyway... by February 20th, this story was apparently "officially" dead in the water...which is why it's so baffling that it rumbles on.

https://twitter.com/BBCAndrewH/status/304179138191818752

Defence: postmortem showed no signs of assault or defensive wounds on Reeva Steenkamp. Correct says Botha.

Andrew Harding was in the courtroom throughout.

Egads! Offensive in the extreme. Doesn't he understand that he has been accused of murdering her?

Did he invite her parents? His soon-to-be mother and father in law?

Yes, OP's spin RE his alleged relationship wth Reeva continues to grow. I think in the affidacit, he called her his "beloved." Now in public reports of his private grieving ceremony he describes her as his "partner."

So I think his spin Drs. efforts continue to backfire. But maybe it is the nature of that beast, as they are being paid to do things--any anything they do looks bad, at least to those of us who see him as very guilty.

Great article on Pistorius andgun regulations. But notice..

if OP is convicted of culpable homicide, there's a chance he will only be FINED.

http://m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Experts-Pistorius-violated-basic-gun-rules-20130226-2

Thanks for that. So we learn that SA Courts have great leeway with no minimum sentences for some serious crimes. "Sentences - ranging from fines to prison - are left to courts to determine and are not set by fixed guidelines"
This for culpable homicide.

So many ways that he can get off relatively easy are being revealed. I am sure OP's people will also go the route I noted yesterday, and have their shrinks examine him. This in case the premediatated murder should stick--then some sort of mental impairment could be employed to lower responsibiilty and sentencing.

So many ways...

Reeva is not going to get justice in all likelihood.

Good evening everyone-how is everybody today?Have we learned anything new?

The Initial Blow

If media reports (allegedly originating from the police) are true, OP's first assault against Reeva was the bat strike. And it was, by reports, to the back of her head. This implies she was facing away from him, when he struck her. Gutless of course. But was she in the act of trying to flee or leave? And he would have none of that?

Their loud arguing probably led to her informing him that it was over, and that too was something that he could not handle without rage. There are reports that they had alcoholic beverages that night. I think this is someone who does not tolerate caffeine, or alcohol without them affecting his behavior. No excuse, of course, but something I believe predisposes him to violence. Interesting that his bail conditions included no alcohol.

And as I have written, once he struck her, instead of getting help for her, he only saw that as the end of his happy existence as he knew it and cold-bloodedly decided to kill her. That would be depraved indifference in the USA, I think. #6 murder in SA.

I think OP's lengthy affidavit claimns (read absurdities) were what he concocted and told to the cops at 4:15 AM when they arrived. So he has stuck with that.

He probably concocted all that in the 17 minute gap.

So I do not believe, as some allege, that his current attorney concocted that. OTOH, did not reports say that another attorney arrived on scene before the cops? It would be interesting to learn if that attorney helped concoct OP's claims.

And would that be legal?

Exactly Shane,the lawyers & family,friends who showed up got a chance to walk the scene even before the police got there,right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9