General Discussion Thread #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KZN man claims ‘Oscar loo defence’

August 3 2013 at 01:40pm

Themba Mthethwa allegedly stabbed Thuli Mkhwanazi, after he mistook her for an intruder. A KwaZulu-Natal man who killed his girlfriend seems to have taken a leaf out of Oscar Pistorius’s defence strategy.

Themba Mthethwa, of Zululand, claims that on the night that he killed Thuli Mkhwanazi he mistook her for an intruder when she returned to bed after going to the toilet, stabbing her to death.

http://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/kzn-man-claims-oscar-loo-defence-1.1557100#.Uf2ZU9IweaV

Will this now be the new defence trend for murder in South Africa?

To our German posters here, who is Mira Teuber?

There is a group of dedicated supporters from as a far as Sweden and Spain who have created a blog called “Support for Oscar Pistorius,” the goal of which is give people the platform to express their support for the champion Paralympian.

“Support for Oscar Pistorius” was created last June and allows people all over the world to post messages, photos and even poems expressing their support for Oscar.

Mira Teuber, a Germany-based supporter and one of the founders of the site said that the “idea for the blog is to show him that there is significant support, compassion, faith and belief in him.”

“It also serves a channel for others to show their own messages of empathy and support.”

According to Teuber, the blog has so far received more than 19,000 views from 67 countries in less than a month.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/36459/20130801/oscar-pistorius-trial-update.htm

To our German posters here, who is Mira Teuber?

Mira Teuber aka Mira Toybear seems to be an hobby actress, had been in the actors crew of "Brainstorming" (an indepent film about making an amateur-film). If I had chose the right facebook account then she has studied at Universität Siegen and now is employee. She loves on TV: "Crime Scene Investigating" and "Criminal Minds". - She looks young, chubby and pretty.

:)

Mira Teuber aka Mira Toybear seems to be an hobby actress, had been in the actors crew of "Brainstorming" (an indepent film about making an amateur-film). If I had chose the right facebook account then she has studied at Universität Siegen and now is employee. She loves on TV: "Crime Scene Investigating" and "Criminal Minds". - She looks young, chubby and pretty.

:)

Could be he's in line for the starring role in the next sequel of Brainstorming the Movie. He might at least increase the views, just like on the support sites. IMO thousands of views from nosey cows like myself, just checking out what's going on LOL.

'Brainstorming' I wonder is it the film with a number of chapters on You Tube. It's in German so I haven't a clue what's being said. In Brainstorming Kapitel 3, there is a lady carrying realistic bloodied props of severed human limbs under her arm and then plonks them on the table, gross! Then later she walks off swinging the severed leg about, its no wonder the views and likes are sparse.

That too big and regular missing block of door irritates me a lot..

After hitting and bashing I would assume an irregular breaking into pieces but that panel/s happened to break down as a whole big block miraculously helping OP - again- just leaning and getting the key .So even if that panel wasnt broken itself , OP would again go on bashing and make a big hole to lean thru it to get the key which was on the floor ready to be picked up :)

From the affidavit...

I went back into the bedroom and grabbed my cricket bat to bash open the toilet door. A panel or panels broke off and I found the key on the floor and unlocked and opened the door.

We so far can see two of the bullet holes on the door. The distance between them and one of them being left down and the other righter up
suggests me those may be to the hip and the elbow ..What about the other bullet holes? i.e. the one to the head ? or maybe it doesn't exist on the door at all which I exactly believe.

So big absent piece of door- nonexistence of fatal shot hole on the door (I suggest) - key on the floor...all connected imo.

If the key was on the lock , a small breaking near the door handle would be sufficient and he would get the key .. But OP wanted to crash the door so big to hide evidence IMO .. and thats why that key on the floor was put there..For his leaning and squeezing inside the door there has to be a big hole...All those efforts are to hide the nonexistence of the shot to the head thru the door...Yepp No such shot at all..He tried to crash that part into pieces and we may hear that bullet hole was unfortunately on the breaking panel and disappeared while bashing.

Just my opinions..

Excellent post Murder_Servant. I agree and this is one area , the bashed door panel, retrieving the key from the floor, unlocking the door, on which he does not elaborate at all. IMO this is a key issue that needs some intense scrutiny and physical testing by the prosecution.

THE LADDER

The ladder has always interested me. It seems so convenient for a ladder to be placed on the ground outside the bathroom window.

I hope that they have checked for DNA on that ladder and have found out who put it there.

I have had several theories and have questions about this ladder:

1. If OP premeditated this murder, he could have put it there himself before that evening having borrowed it from his friendly neighbour.

2. Did he phone his friendly neighbour to put it there before the police came? If so, would this be one of the calls he does not want police to know about?

3. Were painters really painting OP's house at the time?

4. Can you remember what Botha said about it at the Bail hearing?

5. Do you really think an intruder could have got into that small bathroom window?

6. OP's knowledge that the ladder was there plus sleeping with balcony doors open does not indicate a man who was security conscious, does it?

Oscar Pistorius Trial Date:

NEWS AND ANALYSIS ON THE OSCAR PISTORIUS TRIAL HAS A DEDICATED TWITTER ACCOUNT.
CONTROVERSIAL DOCU “WHY DID OSCAR PISTORIUS KILL OUR DAUGHTER?” TO BE SHOWN IN SOUTH AFRICA.

August 7, 2013

Oscar Pistorius’s trial date is coming near, in less than 12 days the famous double-amputee athlete, known as Blade Runner, will be back in South African courts on August 19. He claims his innocence from murdering his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day, saying he mistook her for a burglar.

The media sensationalism on the case gets a social media twist, now that a dedicated Twitter account focused on Oscar Pistorius murder case is active and live on the information network.

Twitter user, @OscarTrial has 2,857 followers and in its bio it says, “Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail and now awaiting trial. Tweets are retweets of journalists as well as analysis.”

“Any questions please tweet @OscarTrial,” it added.

Although the last tweet from the account is about the Vanity Fair article on the Oscar Pistorius case, retweeted from a message posted by BBC correspondent Nick Bryant, it is expected that it will soon become active.

“Why Did Oscar Pistorius Kill Our Daughter” documentary to be shown in South Africa

The controversial BBC documentary “Why Did Oscar Pistorius Kill Our Daughter?” will be screened on Discovery Channel in South Africa this Sunday, according to the Times Live.
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/37081/20130807/oscar-pistorius-trial-date.htm

THE LADDER

2. Did he phone his friendly neighbour to put it there before the police came? If so, would this be one of the calls he does not want police to know about?
His friendly neighbour is an attorney (female), I remember.

6. OP's knowledge that the ladder was there plus sleeping with balcony doors open does not indicate a man who was security conscious, does it?
Yes, exactly the right question!!

THE LADDER

The ladder has always interested me. It seems so convenient for a ladder to be placed on the ground outside the bathroom window.

I hope that they have checked for DNA on that ladder and have found out who put it there.

I have had several theories and have questions about this ladder:

1. If OP premeditated this murder, he could have put it there himself before that evening having borrowed it from his friendly neighbour.

BIB 1 - 3. Were painters really painting OP's house at the time?

BIB 2 - 4. Can you remember what Botha said about it at the Bail hearing?

BIB 3 - 5. Do you really think an intruder could have got into that small bathroom window?

BIB 1 - Yes, that's true and Botha confirmed it in the BH

9.51am GMT
He [Botha] confirms Pistorius's statement that there were ladders found outside the house; it was being painted.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/blog/2013/feb/20/oscar-pistorius-bail-hearing-day-two-live-coverage

BIB 2 - He [Botha] agreed with Pistorius that there were ladders outside the house, but said they were not near the bathroom. He also said there were two dogs in the yard outside.

9.52am GMT
But the ladders were not next to the bathroom window as the defence suggested, Botha says.

Botha said that any burglar would have not been able to get out of the tiny toilet room window, and would have fallen down to the ground from that height.

BIB 3 - The bathroom window isn't small, it has 3 fairly large casements. It's the toilet window which is very small.

For the rest: I don't believe he called his "friendly neighbour" (Christo Menelao) to put a ladder there before the police came :) - IMO

His friendly neighbour is an attorney (female), I remember.

This was another neighbour :) - she said in an interview, that OP called her after 3.00 a.m. and asked her to come to his home immediately.

‘I saw Reeva die’

A young friend of murder accused Oscar Pistorius, called to his house the night the Paralympian shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp, has told how she opened the door to see him carrying Steenkamp down the stairs, her body drenched in blood.

<modsnip>

The young woman, a lawyer, told police she and Pistorius did everything they could to save Steenkamp&#8217;s life.

But 29-year-old Steenkamp&#8217;s slender body was limp, the life draining out of her.

When the paramedics arrived a short while later, she said she and Pistorius stepped aside. Steenkamp was pronounced dead a short while later.

The young woman had asked her father to call an ambulance, but it remains unclear whether they were also called by neighbours, who alerted the complex&#8217;s security guards and police to the gunshots they heard just after 3am.

The young woman joins a line-up of witnesses, with Pistorius&#8217;s neighbours, members of the security company that operates at Silver Woods gated housing estate, and the paramedics.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/i-saw-reeva-die-1.1471707#.UXLG2qK-2So

I am curious if Christo Menelao and this female neighbour belong to the 12 residents who are on the list of witnesses of the prosecution.... :)

KZN man claims ‘Oscar loo defence’

August 3 2013 at 01:40pm

Themba Mthethwa allegedly stabbed Thuli Mkhwanazi, after he mistook her for an intruder. A KwaZulu-Natal man who killed his girlfriend seems to have taken a leaf out of Oscar Pistorius’s defence strategy.

Themba Mthethwa, of Zululand, claims that on the night that he killed Thuli Mkhwanazi he mistook her for an intruder when she returned to bed after going to the toilet, stabbing her to death.

http://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/kzn-man-claims-oscar-loo-defence-1.1557100#.Uf2ZU9IweaV

Will this now be the new defence trend for murder in South Africa?

BIB - It looks like this. But this man hasn't the reputation, connections and the money to buy such a defence team like OP. And he is a coloured person....

So, the result (for this man) is:

He appeared in the Mtubatuba Magistrate’s Court this week where he was denied bail.

Time is ticking by quickly and soon we shall hear what evidence the prosecution team have. The defence team, of course, should not have much of that information but, no doubt, the DT may have gleaned a some of it via a corrupt route. Quite a depressing thought.

I have been checking back through some of the links and reading the associated posts on them. It seems a number of contributors feel as we do, ie how on earth (in the pitch dark as Pistorius claims) could Reeva feel/stumble her way to the bathroom and lock herself in without making any noise. P is claiming that moonlight and bright security lights caused his lack of vision on re-entering the bedroom from the balcony. At the time I checked on the level of moonlight on that evening in SA and it was around 12 per cent, ie low. I know nothing of any blindingly bright security lights in the vicinity. Has anyone else any information about the security lighting on the estate and, in particular, in the vicinity of his balcony? There would be a degree of loss of visual acuity if he can prove these lights were very bright but it would only be for a short while.

The forensic team may have a problem proving some of their theories as I have read that forensic science in SA is immature. However, in the UK press I read that a serious number of UK experts offered their help with this case. Though I can no longer find the link, I do hope this is the case. Without external help I feel there is a good chance P may only be found guilty of manslaughter and, no doubt, given a non-custodial sentence. I do hope I am totally wrong. In a week or so there will be "some more meat on the bone" and I look forward to seeing new theories on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep