General Discussion Thread No. 16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links Colomom, are we now going to hear trash being thrown to the British police as well? People forget so quickly that it was the British police that after seeing the PJ theory of the abduction was NOT making sense, when they decided to bring cadaver dogs, etc and then the parents were made arguidos. ALL of this based on the British police intervention.

[/b][/u]

I dont doubt what you say - I am sure that the British Police did get involved to this extent ( albeit a little to late )

I am sure they are involved now - that is all the more puzzling why things have stalled - I know it is up to the Portugese to charge - but the Brits would give the nod if there was evidence that could stick , or was cast iron .

Glad that there is some balance coming back into the reproting! It will hardly last long though with CM on the job!
Such a pity there was such disarray in PJ allowing the McCanns a field day!

The british tabs have a loaded shotgun at the moment ready to pull the trigger - the thing is they just dont know where to point it - They are for once confused on a matter - which is unlike them .

If they decide that the Mccaans could have done it , believe me they will go after them in a huge way

Glad that there is some balance coming back into the reproting! It will hardly last long though with CM on the job!
Such a pity there was such disarray in PJ allowing the McCanns a field day!
You might want to check out the "sources" in the articles. Not UK cops... the PLE playing games again?

The british tabs have a loaded shotgun at the moment ready to pull the trigger - the thing is they just dont know where to point it - They are for once confused on a matter - which is unlike them .

If they decide that the Mccaans could have done it , believe me they will go after them in a huge way

I don't think they are confused, I think they are being gagged!

If you think that - then you know nothing about the british tabloid press - gag the Sun , the Star or even the Mail .............. not a chance ever .

I think this is a GREAT description of the current state of the British media. I think that it will take just one positive piece of "evidence", no matter how small, that points to the McCanns guilt, and all h*ll will break loose.

I am also curious Gord, how do you think the people in the UK will respond if they feel that they have been "duped"?

I don't think that is the case anymore Barnaby (might have been in the early days), I think they are "afraid" to be the first to step out and fire the first shot.

I think they know the power and influence that the McCanns have gathered and do not want to risk total distruction if they are wrong.

I think this is a GREAT description of the current state of the British media. I think that it will take just one positive piece of "evidence", no matter how small, that points to the McCanns guilt, and all h*ll will break loose.

I am also curious Gord, how do you think the people in the UK will respond if they feel that they have been "duped"?

If it turns out that the Mccaans were implicit in Madelines death - and I use if as I am still in the camp that just cant see how they could have done it etc without being caught by now - well there will be an awfull back lash - a lot of people , including me , will feel pretty duped - as a lot of people are giving them support - It would backlash on their family too

I will need to be very convinced though before I jump on that . They would deserve every thing that comes if it were - it is not just the matter of the murder / cover up , but the enormity of it.

But I am getting frustrated as everyone is to get this case moving and find out what happened to Maddy one way or the other

interesting articles - I highly doubt that british police would be briefing journalists in the middle of an ongoing investigation - it is not their style . I see no attributable quotes to anyone , just officers claim this and sources close to - which usualy means a bit of licence taken by the journalists - but who knows

It is yet another speculative scenario that could have happened - to go along side the other two dozen different theories .

All the more reason that if the police have something concrete - why are they all sitting back - why are the two top investigators on the PLE either being sacked or asking to go on extended leave

we need some movement here

You make some very good points. Again I see smoke and mirrors, but nothing concrete. IF British or Portugese LE have evidence why don't they arrest them already? Smoke and mirrors.

But not in Portugal. On the news this morning as attorny mentioned that even with the evidence the PJ beleives they have - without a body they can't go forth.

but the case of the woman serving 16 years for killing her daughter Joana, whose body has still not been found, so yes, they can go forth without a body. There has been quite a bit of controversy about this case, and some of the PLE are accused of coercing a confession, etc.
Lanie

Here's a story from May 5, which refers to a dawn sighting of a couple carrying a child on May 4. I wonder how much information this man has given PJ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=452633&in_page_id=1770

Intriguingly, a Briton who runs a company in the Algarve has told police he spotted a couple carrying a young child early yesterday.

George Burke, from Liverpool, was driving home from nearby Lagos around 6am when he caught the two people in his car headlights. "I couldn't see them clearly because it was dark and windy. They scurried down a side road and out of sight."

I really don't like this quote from Kate in the CBS interview from this morning:

Kate said, "It really isn't easy," coping. "Some days are better than others. ... There's days when you think, 'I can't do this anymore,' and you just want to press a button, and we're all gone, and it's all finished, and we're all together and gone. Wherever. But you can't, you know. Just occasionally you'll have a -- if you're having a really bad day, which we do. And you can't help but think that."

This was said in August, before they were made arguidos. This is very disturbing.

I really don't like this quote from Kate in the CBS interview from this morning:

{quote didn't copy over}

This was said in August, before they were made arguidos. This is very disturbing.

I agree Morag, that part made me wonder myself. I don't want to go there...in my mind.

Here is a link to the full transcript from that interview:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/05/earlyshow/main3334438.shtml

This is the part I noticed:

"The key thing that we're trying to do is trying to channel all of our emotions and energy into influencing a search for Madeleine, and that's what drives us forward."

Why does he use that word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member