General Discussion-Thread No. 24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if this happens. Time is getting very short, it will soon be the 2 year limit for filing. In some ways I wish it would be filed as JY would have to take the stand. Sure he can refuse to say a word but based on civil law, refusal to speak will work against him. Way I see it, they have nothing to lose by filing for it. The only hang up may be because so much evidence has been hidden, there is still a sealed warrant or two out there. We shall see what happens.

Hi RC!:)

There's got to be a way where Linda can file before the deadline. File and keep asking for continuances. I don't know! Sometimes these cases take a long time to get to trial because of all the motions and discoveries.
The DA will know before the deadline if they are going to charge jason. If not, I think Linda should go for it. Like you say, they've got nothing to lose.

There's got to be a way where Linda can file before the deadline. File and keep asking for continuances. I don't know! Sometimes these cases take a long time to get to trial because of all the motions and discoveries.
The DA will know before the deadline if they are going to charge jason. If not, I think Linda should go for it. Like you say, they've got nothing to lose.

Agree! (But you're probably not surprised at that, are you?! :blowkiss:)

What would be interesting would be the response from the Jason "attorney." (LOL, we know all about that, don't we?!) An atty could ask for a delay/continuance on the civil trial IF he were to have criminal charges pending. But, he doesn't yet. Yet, one doesn't have to be brilliant to know it's just a matter of time and a technicality, so to speak. So, how would his atty respond to this?! This could be interesting if Linda makes this move! I hope she does.

The DA knows the predicament Linda is in with the 2 year limitation.
I really think we will see an indictment before the end of October.
If not, Linda will be forced to file the suit and it will be public record.
Very messy circumstances for the cops and DA for sure.

It will be interesting to see if this happens. Time is getting very short, it will soon be the 2 year limit for filing. In some ways I wish it would be filed as JY would have to take the stand. Sure he can refuse to say a word but based on civil law, refusal to speak will work against him. Way I see it, they have nothing to lose by filing for it. The only hang up may be because so much evidence has been hidden, there is still a sealed warrant or two out there. We shall see what happens.

Perhaps they worry they will lose whatever limited contact they have with their granddaughter, or even worry for her safety, if he is forced to account for himself in a civil setting. Also, it would cost money.

Maybe they have no interest in dealing with it that way, but a judgment against him would secure any money he has or comes into that they could use for their granddaughter.

Mostly, I would enjoy seeing that ******* held to account, but it is of course none of my business. Still, knowing he's out there and what he's done just makes the world a little dimmer.

I hope the DA is as sensitive to this as you are, seriously.

In any event, should an indictment not come, responding to other posters, the family, if they file suit, should file suit expect it to proceed apace. At least where I practiced civil litigation (just west of wake), the ability to tie up cases forever had been substantially curtailed. I haven't read the local rules in Wake County, but probably the same.

From what I've heard the Fisher family has had ZERO contact with little Cassidy and hasn't since her father took her up to live w/him and Mommy and Sis right after the murder.

From what I've heard the Fisher family has had ZERO contact with little Cassidy and hasn't since her father took her up to live w/him and Mommy and Sis right after the murder.

Other than a couple of very supervised visits in Brevard in 2007, the Fisher's have been forced to pop in the pre-school unannounced to see Cassidy. They were able to do this on her birthday in March and again in May of this year. Ma pat has since instructed the director to never again allow the Fisher's access to Cassidy.

mc.jpg

This was taken in March 2008 on Cassidy's birthday. The Fisher's arrived unannounced with balloons and gifts. Cassidy was very happy to see them.

JTF, I don't know much about law, custody and the like, but I do know enough to ask this: how did Jason Young and his mom decide that Cassie would never get to see her grandmother Fisher and that side of the family? Shouldn't there have been a legal arrangement?

Some day Cassie will be old enough to ask questions, know how to seek answers outside of the little enclave of the Young's, and she will be in for the shock of her life (or the second big shock of her life). Who knows what Cassie is being told. For all we know, the Youngs may be telling her that what she remembers is a bad dream, etc. It's all going to hit the fan one day, in more ways than one.

For example, it took my growing up to adulthood to figure some things out about my mom's family. Wow. Truth is stranger than fiction. Luckily I was strong enough emotionally to handle what I found out, and deal with it, probably because what I found out didn't happen to me, but to others. The truth comes out, usually. Those who perpetuated the lies are left to boil in the acid of their own lies.

NCn - Not sure if Linda Fisher said something to jason and/or the Youngs. At the funeral - parties sat on opposite sites. In any event, the Youngs' packed up Cassidy and left with the idea that Linda would have no communication with Cassidy. They did allow Michelle's father (divorced from Linda) to see Cassidy. He died this summer unfortunately of cancer.

Linda has no legal recourse, I believe. There are no visitation rights for grandparents in NC.

It is my opinion Jason Young does not want Cassidy to see the Fisher's because he knows she was a witness to his sick deed.

Thanks, Jilly and JTF. I had those same ideas, but wondered how Jason could decide that Mrs. Fisher cannot see her grand daughter. That's like admitting that he has something to hide, to keep Cassie from knowing, and I believe he does too. I would love to see those psychiatrist's or psychologists's notes on Cassidy, assuming they actually took her to one. I read that they did. Jason could have it where Cassidy is being "brainwashed" to "not think, talk, ask" about her past, or tell her that she had a bad dream, etc. Of course, she'll grow up, hear, read and discover for herself, unless he has a hand in THAT. His mom seems like an enabler in every sense of the word.

I hope and pray you're right JTF. Too much time has passed, especially for precious Cassidy. A grandmother myself, I can't even fathom being denied contact with my "angels"......and I believe grandchildren need this contact in a huge way also. This includes aunts, uncles, cousins too.

My heart continues to go out to Linda and Meredith........may you soon have the peace you so rightfully deserve.

JustTheFax I have a question for you. Since you are close to Michelle's family and are obviously both intelligent as well as insightful, what in God's name provoked JY to take Michelle's life?

Please, please don't take me wrong....I'm in NO way condoning what BC did to Nancy, but at least I can somehow see how he did it in a fit of rage, which BTY is my opinion on what happened. Although this in NO WAY makes what he did any less horrendous than JY, I can at least understand the facts and how events played out.

I understand nor see anything regarding JY's actions, of course other than the obvious....he's a vicious killer. He obviously planned this, tediously I believe. Michelle's murder was as premeditated and cold as any I've ever heard of. To have planned and calculated a deed of such magnitude, I honestly feel he has to possess some qualities of insanity as well as downright pure evil.

What was his motive....money? selfish greed? etc, etc, etc? I simply can't understand this and it haunts me. Your take on his motive and how he arrived at the point he could even do such a thing would be appreciated as I enjoy/value all your posts.

I, too, share your view regarding Cassidy. IMO she did indeed see her Daddy slaughter her Mommy....at least some of it. Poor, poor baby...I hope and pray something happens soon and Linda and Meredith can rescue her from the environment she is in now. She so DESPERATELY needs their love, caring, and understanding.

Awwwwww....

WHY would the Youngs be so opposed to the Fishers having access to/visiting Cassidy? I mean yeah, I know Cassidy was there when her mom was murdered and all...but that is not the fault of Linda or Michelle Fisher! :confused:

And even if Linda and Michelle thought that JLY was 100% innocent of this crime, the investigation is NOT in their hands anyway...it's the state's case, not the Fisher's case. They cannot tell LE what to do, how to investigate and can't stop that moving train EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO (which of course they don't, but still...). :behindbar

Frankly, it makes the husband look even MORE guilty, if possible. Because if he were innocent, then he and his ma should have no problem with the other side seeing Cassidy...when it's clear they love/adore Cass...they would want her to have people around her who loved her and wanted the best for her regardless, ya know? There was no divorce...there was no separation. So why the animosity towards Linda and Michelle after the crime? :waitasec:

This just makes it seem even more hinky...like they are trying to hide. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

And it's not in Cassidy's best interest, which is the most unfortunate thing of all. :furious:

Other than a couple of very supervised visits in Brevard in 2007, the Fisher's have been forced to pop in the pre-school unannounced to see Cassidy. They were able to do this on her birthday in March and again in May of this year. Ma pat has since instructed the director to never again allow the Fisher's access to Cassidy.

mc.jpg

This was taken in March 2008 on Cassidy's birthday. The Fisher's arrived unannounced with balloons and gifts. Cassidy was very happy to see them.

If I were a betting person, this is also my thought. The DA knows of the upcoming deadline, and it should be crunch time. If they're remotely close to having a case, this should be their internal deadline to ($*# or get off the pot, so to speak.

I would bet Linda knows a decent amount of "stuff" to pursue a case, but she has been absolutely the epitome of restraint and respect in keeping her mouth shut, in order to give LE and the DA all the benefit of time. She may not know the key parts of crime scene evidence, but she certainly can fill in some significant details leading up to the murder, and of what her other daughter and Cassidy saw in that house that day. The dirty laundry against Jason and his relationship with Michelle, etc. Oh yeah, Jason may not be talking, but I'd bet Linda can do some damage in that regard. She knows a lot and has been very patient. Jason knows she knows....he knows she's a threat.

I hope, if she goes forward with the civil case, that it is still coordinated with the DA's office. That can be done. She needs enough to not have her civil case thrown out, but not give any more detail than required, so as to still protect any future possible criminal case. Ultimately, I'm sure she doesn't want to jeopardize that. I think she'll be very smart.

JMO.

Thanks, Jilly and JTF. I had those same ideas, but wondered how Jason could decide that Mrs. Fisher cannot see her grand daughter. That's like admitting that he has something to hide, to keep Cassie from knowing, and I believe he does too. I would love to see those psychiatrist's or psychologists's notes on Cassidy, assuming they actually took her to one. I read that they did. Jason could have it where Cassidy is being "brainwashed" to "not think, talk, ask" about her past, or tell her that she had a bad dream, etc. Of course, she'll grow up, hear, read and discover for herself, unless he has a hand in THAT. His mom seems like an enabler in every sense of the word.

I don't know whether you know or not but Meredith (Michelle's sister) was looking after Cassidy the entire day of the murder. Iirc, she got to the house at around 1pm and had Cassidy until the Youngs' arrived about 9pm. So....I think she probably poured her little heart out. It seems logical that Meredith would have told her mom.

I can't even imagine what Meredith must have gone through that day!! She finds her sister murdered and Cassidy roaming in her blood. She then, no doubt, hears what Cassidy has to say and has to tend to that plus deal with LE and subsequently has to face jason. It's been almost 2 yrs and I'm beginning to forget some things but I think jason might have even stayed with her and Cassidy the nite before returning to Raleigh. jtf will correct me on that.

Its my opinion that jason was not fond of Linda. Meredith used to live with Michelle & Jason and was Cassidy's caregiver for awhile. I don't think he loved Michelle - he was having a 'relationship' with one of her best friends. Michelle was pregnant when they got married so perhaps there was resentment on his part right from the beginning. jmo

Awwwwww....

WHY would the Youngs be so opposed to the Fishers having access to/visiting Cassidy? I mean yeah, I know Cassidy was there when her mom was murdered and all...but that is not the fault of Linda or Michelle Fisher! :confused:

And even if Linda and Michelle thought that JLY was 100% innocent of this crime, the investigation is NOT in their hands anyway...it's the state's case, not the Fisher's case. They cannot tell LE what to do, how to investigate and can't stop that moving train EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO (which of course they don't, but still...). :behindbar

Frankly, it makes the husband look even MORE guilty, if possible. Because if he were innocent, then he and his ma should have no problem with the other side seeing Cassidy...when it's clear they love/adore Cass...they would want her to have people around her who loved her and wanted the best for her regardless, ya know? There was no divorce...there was no separation. So why the animosity towards Linda and Michelle after the crime? :waitasec:

This just makes it seem even more hinky...like they are trying to hide. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

And it's not in Cassidy's best interest, which is the most unfortunate thing of all. :furious:

You're totally right, but then murdering the mother of your child is not in your child's best interest either; after that, how hard can it be to deny visitation?

I don't know whether you know or not but Meredith (Michelle's sister) was looking after Cassidy the entire day of the murder. Iirc, she got to the house at around 1pm and had Cassidy until the Youngs' arrived about 9pm. So....I think she probably poured her little heart out. It seems logical that Meredith would have told her mom.

I can't even imagine what Meredith must have gone through that day!! She finds her sister murdered and Cassidy roaming in her blood. She then, no doubt, hears what Cassidy has to say and has to tend to that plus deal with LE and subsequently has to face jason. It's been almost 2 yrs and I'm beginning to forget some things but I think jason might have even stayed with her and Cassidy the nite before returning to Raleigh. jtf will correct me on that.

Its my opinion that jason was not fond of Linda. Meredith used to live with Michelle & Jason and was Cassidy's caregiver for awhile. I don't think he loved Michelle - he was having a 'relationship' with one of her best friends. Michelle was pregnant when they got married so perhaps there was resentment on his part right from the beginning. jmo

The 911 tape makes it plain enough what poor Cassidy experienced that night. She pretty much says so. If only they had given her a bit more time to talk on that tape...

The 'new' boards were replaced by the realtor after the cops left 11/07....some due to bad condition. It is impossible to know where the 'print' was or which boards the cops took.
deck.jpg

JTF...the picture was taken 1 year after the murder, correct? Was it a colored stain or sealer that was supposedly put on there? IMO nothing had been done just prior to MY murder. In a year no deck would look this bad unless it never had stain or sealer put on. I am wondering if the products were purchased and not actually done. What is it you know about this? This has my curiousity now....please help me out on this.

The pickets have a look of sealer, but not the floor boards. Actually the floor boards look like mine....I put bleach 1x a year on mine and scrub it with a huge brush to get any mold, pollen, mildew and grease off of mine.

Sorry, I kept saying Linda and Michelle when it's Linda and Meredith. Apologies all around.

This is just so sad. JLY planned this murder. He planned it for when Cassidy would be in the house. He planned to have Meredith go over and 'find' the scene (to get Cassidy). And she did finally get over there. And now neither she nor Linda are allowed to have visitation with Cassidy?

ALL they did was unwillingly and unknowingly play into the sick plan of JLY. And as a result they're being punished for doing exactly as he asked Meredith to do: go over to his house and check the FAX machine (and of course the real reason--get Cassidy and take care of her). And WHAT was Meredith supposed to do? IGNORE JLY's request that she go over to his house? Or, PRETEND she didn't notice her sister lying in a pool of blood on the BR floor when she did get there? Was she supposed to PRETEND she didn't happen to notice that a horrific murder had occurred in that house with blood splattered all over the BR? Was she supposed to pick up Cassidy and say nothing, not call the police, not say anything to her mother...just sneak out of the house with a shrug of her shoulders, toting Cassidy, and figure someone else would eventually find her sister and call 911? Would THAT have made the murderer happy enough that he would allow visitation?

WHY are Linda and Meredith being PUNISHED and denied visitation with Cassidy? If they had (pretended to) believe that JLY had nothing to do with this murder...if they had publicly supported him would THAT have made a difference and enabled them to have regular visitation with Cassidy?

What a complete jerk he is for so many, many things beyond the murder.

Hopefully he'll be locked away forever or, better yet, awaiting a death penalty to be carried out AND Meredith and Linda will either get custody of or have regular visits with Cassidy. (Can the custody be challenged by the Fisher's once JLY is incarcerated for life?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat