General Discussions #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounded angry to me. And again, because of all the things that have been mentioned and posted here...only ONE has actually brought the family to respond. And then they responded to someone that hosts an "anti-Raven" site. Now if they didnt feel raven was involved, why would their point of contact be someone that is so obviously convinced of Ravens guilt?

Timex said:
It sounded angry to me. And again, because of all the things that have been mentioned and posted here...only ONE has actually brought the family to respond. And then they responded to someone that hosts an "anti-Raven" site. Now if they didnt feel raven was involved, why would their point of contact be someone that is so obviously convinced of Ravens guilt?
My thought process was that a "certain" poster was saying things like, Janet's family has forgiven who has done this to their daughter and part of forgiving is forgetting and moving on. I interpreted their message to say, don't you dare tell me how I'm feeling (which I don't blame them). Maybe I misinterpreted the post, but that is what I got out of it.

ewwwinteresting said:
My thought process was that a "certain" poster was saying things like, Janet's family has forgiven who has done this to their daughter and part of forgiving is forgetting and moving on. I interpreted their message to say, don't you dare tell me how I'm feeling (which I don't blame them). Maybe I misinterpreted the post, but that is what I got out of it.

So who would you chose to speak for you if you didnt feel your SIL was guilty? Someone that obvioulsy DOES feel he guilty? The choice of spokeperson reveals their feelings IMO.

Timex said:
So who would you chose to speak for you if you didnt feel your SIL was guilty? Someone that obvioulsy DOES feel he guilty? The choice of spokeperson reveals their feelings IMO.
I, personally, wouldn't pick anybody to speak for me.....I would speak for myself.

However, when I was ranting and raving several weeks ago about the families in this case being silent, I was "gently" :slap: informed by numerous posters that people grieve differently and maybe Janet's family is grieving in silence. If they read the posts of someone telling strangers how they are grieving and it was not correct, and that they haven't forgiven the perp who did this awful thing to their daughter, I would tell them to shut up too!

I guess my thinking is that if they thought Raven killed Janet, why would they let him stay with another one of their daughters.....:eek: and I would have thought they wouldn't have remained silent in their interview. They specifically stated they would not discuss Raven, his relationship with their daughter and the murder case.
Again, I may be waaaay off base, just my thoughts at this moment. Maybe someone in Janet's family can set me straight....one way or the other on this issue?

I guess I see it this way....

Just as I wouldnt have expetced the peterson's to ask loretta to speak for them because she obviously felt scott was guilty, and they did not...I wouldnt expect this family to chose MrAllGood to speak for them if they didnt feel he is guilty.

ewwwinteresting said:
That's how I read it too.

Ok, then I stand corrected...Janets family does NOT feel Raven is guilty, but her friends do.

hoppyfrog said:
Take a look at NC Banker's post. It's #18 on this page:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24268&page=1

Hoppy
I apologize if this sounds graphic...but I think that it is worth note when we discuss if there was blood on Raven's clothes (blood that could implicate him in the murder) There really isn't evidence to confirm this at all...at this point, it is MERE SPECULATION...but I spoke with a LE around where I live and I asked him if there generally is a lot of blood if someone is stabbed in t
he chest (that is, assuming that the UNCONFIRMED reports of how Janet died are true). He said that really there wouldn't be a lot of blood at all-on the perp, that is.
According to this LE, until the lungs fill up with blood, there really wouldn't be a lot of blood coming out of the body. The victims clothes would absorb a lot of it and unless there was a lot of slashing or cutting, there wouldn't be a lot of blood splatter.
Again, MERE SPECULATION...and some interesting info I found out about stab wounds. (again, I apologize for the description. I, in no way, intend it disrespectfully!)

anneshirley said:
I apologize if this sounds graphic...but I think that it is worth note when we discuss if there was blood on Raven's clothes (blood that could implicate him in the murder) There really isn't evidence to confirm this at all...at this point, it is MERE SPECULATION...but I spoke with a LE around where I live and I asked him if there generally is a lot of blood if someone is stabbed in t
he chest (that is, assuming that the UNCONFIRMED reports of how Janet died are true). He said that really there wouldn't be a lot of blood at all-on the perp, that is.
According to this LE, until the lungs fill up with blood, there really wouldn't be a lot of blood coming out of the body. The victims clothes would absorb a lot of it and unless there was a lot of slashing or cutting, there wouldn't be a lot of blood splatter.
Again, MERE SPECULATION...and some interesting info I found out about stab wounds. (again, I apologize for the description. I, in no way, intend it disrespectfully!)

But then how would we explain the blood on the walls etc? I assumed it was flyback.

anneshirley said:
It's been stated by LE that there were large amounts of blood on the wall and floor?

Timex said:
But then how would we explain the blood on the walls etc? I assumed it was flyback.
Excellent question. If she were stabbed multiple times, this could explain it. OR, (again, this is based on the UNCONFIRMED reports about how many times and where she was stabbed) could some of the blood come from Janet's hand grasping for things?...or Janet trying to get help? or from a murderer who when he took the knife out (that would cause some blood exchange, perhaps?)
(to be honest, I hate how graphic this sounds. I knew Janet and to think of how she died makes me sick. I just hope that whoever did this to her will receive the punishment he/she deserves).
I don't know.

I really think a lot of that would depend on what anatomically was damaged with each stab wound. If an artery were hit, there would definitely be large sprays of blood. The scenerio described by your LE friend would make sense to me if a primary wound were in the heart and lung.

anneshirley said:
(to be honest, I hate how graphic this sounds. I knew Janet and to think of how she died makes me sick. I just hope that whoever did this to her will receive the punishment he/she deserves).
I don't know.
You are right, it just makes your heart ache knowing this is how she died, and her knowing her precious son was just in the other room. I can't even imagine how it is for those of you who knew Janet.:(

newkid said:
I really think a lot of that would depend on what anatomically was damaged with each stab wound. If an artery were hit, there would definitely be large sprays of blood. The scenerio described by your LE friend would make sense to me if a primary wound were in the heart and lung.
True...and to be honest, I mainly asked him what would happen if someone were stabbed IN THE CHEST. (there have been UNCONFIRMED reports that she might have been stabbed in the chest).
I wouldn't doubt it if those large quantities of blood came from the struggle of being stabbed. imo

anneshirley said:
True...and to be honest, I mainly asked him what would happen if someone were stabbed IN THE CHEST. (there have been UNCONFIRMED reports that she might have been stabbed in the chest).
I wouldn't doubt it if those large quantities of blood came from the struggle of being stabbed. imo
Looking back at your initial post on this, I see that now. I didn't read it carefully the first time:doh: .

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't imagine how tough this must be to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm