General questions here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the burglary report + motion to preclude...

492_445524848856996_196966292_n.jpg

579841_445525205523627_353210906_n.jpg

735142_445525432190271_273480898_n.jpg

578675_445525565523591_1442853505_n.jpg

599812_445525688856912_1499007126_n.jpg

Wow thanks for that! I really really hope the jury (if they believe any of whta Nurmi said in closing) goes thru each of his "it doesn't make sense" arguments and realizes that actually Nurmi's arguments don't make sense. For example, he said well if Jodi took the gun then why did she stage a burglary and thus now there is a record that the gun was stolen? Well, gee, Nurmi, let's see what would have happened if she hadn't done that: she takes the gun, kills Travis, and gets rid of the gun. She is NOT going to put the same gun back in the cabinet!! Detectives would have tested it and found out it was the SAME gun used to kill Travis. I'm assuming she figured the police department were at least capable of doing that. She couldn't have bought another .25 calibre to replace it later...it would have been traced back to her name. So she had to get rid of that gun...now there's a missing gun in her Grandpa's cabinet, in the same home where she was staying. Now, let's say after the murder detectives want to do some investigating on her b/c they're suspicious based on what Travis' friends have told him about her....they come in and do a search...ask Grandpa if there are any guns missing or anything missing from his home....Grandpa says "oh yeah, actually a .25 calibre pistol is missing"! Whoa...nothing else is missing, only the gun. That would have been more damaging to her than the situation is now, where at least she put a little doubt on the matter thru the "staged burglary."
Nurmi's arguments sounded good at the time he was saying it, but then afterwards I realized actually none of it make sense.

I am most interested about what happened to ALV. The prosecutor indicated during his closing that she had lied about how many male domestic violence victims she had testified for, and Nurmi didn't object. He took another few shots at ALV, also no objection. It has to be more than misrepresenting her court appearances. They must have caught her in something even worse. IMHO.

Can anyone tell me, why did it take so long for TA's roommates to look for him? I don't understand why it took days for them to try to find out where he was if they found this strange scene of his dog on its own with no arrangements made for the dog, a camera in the washer, and suddenly him not texting or talking to anyone, and wasn't this some time before he was supposed to be leaving for Cancun? Or for other friends/family to wonder where he was. edited to add: where did they find the dog, who called whom regarding TA's whereabouts and when, etc. Thank you for any info or links to the roommates' testimony/statements :)

Can anyone tell me, why did it take so long for TA's roommates to look for him? I don't understand why it took days for them to try to find out where he was if they found this strange scene of his dog on its own with no arrangements made for the dog, a camera in the washer, and suddenly him not texting or talking to anyone, and wasn't this some time before he was supposed to be leaving for Cancun? Or for other friends/family to wonder where he was. edited to add: where did they find the dog, who called whom regarding TA's whereabouts and when, etc. Thank you for any info or links to the roommates' testimony/statements :)

iirc...

Travis's roommate believed he was already in Cancun at a conference. His room was shut and his door locked.

His employer became concerned because he had missed a conference call and was not responding to any messages. They sent some work friends to his home to find out if he was there - or get information.

His friends (and I believe the roommate as well) searched the home for a spare key to his room - opened it to find him dead in the ensuite bathroom shower.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

Jodis confession to murder who did she tell? Is there transcript or video? It was 2 yrs after and she would have been under arrest correct?
thanks

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a "time limit" or "people limit" as to who can speak on behalf of Travis before sentencing phase? I hope that makes sense. TIA

Justice for Travis and prayers for his family.

I agree 100% with you, Nurmi thinks the jury is stupid and I am praying they aren't! This has been the sleeziest defense...but they (including the judge) let Jodi steer it. Jodi is poison, she ruins lives. Let's hope today goes down like all the careers of witnesses that testified on her behalf or her past boyfriends, friends, family...most importantly, Travis. Murder 1, Premeditated- DP.

I want to know too, there was a closed hearing in chambers in the days after she completed her "testimony". I thought it had to do with ALV approached Travis' sister for some odd reason. I am hoping transcripts are released once the trial is over.

I wish Juan reminded jurors in closing the fact that this murderer in her fog managed to clean up and LOCKED the door to his bedroom...now I hope they recall it from the trial.

Sorry as am sure this has been asked and answered umpteen times:

Did the jury get to see the entire interrogation video?

TIA - Praying for M1 on both counts.

Sorry as am sure this has been asked and answered umpteen times:

Did the jury get to see the entire interrogation video?

TIA - Praying for M1 on both counts.

Only the parts of the interrogation that were relevant to testimony, where she gave answers to the detective. The speaking parts.

iirc...

Travis's roommate believed he was already in Cancun at a conference. His room was shut and his door locked.

His employer became concerned because he had missed a conference call and was not responding to any messages. They sent some work friends to his home to find out if he was there - or get information.

His friends (and I believe the roommate as well) searched the home for a spare key to his room - opened it to find him dead in the ensuite bathroom shower.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html

Thank you. I always wondered why they wouldn't have wondered about TA being gone days early for the trip with no arrangements made for Napoleon, as well as the camera in the washer...... After catching up a little am I correct in saying when his friend finally came over on the 9th looking for him because of the trip, she saw that his laptop, phone, rings that he always wore, were in the den, and of course his car was there. The roommates had been in the house during the five days and one or two of their girlfriends had also been present in the house. One of the roommates had a key to TA's room, which at the friend's request they then used to open his room and his death was reported. Is it also correct that the responding officer said he could smell a strong smell of decomposition as he entered the house? Seems logical. And one of the roommates, DT, said his bedroom shared a wall with TA's, the roommates' bedrooms were next to TA's, I had always thought maybe they were at the opposite end of the house or something. Thanks for any links folks. I saw some useful links on this subject here, whether one agrees with the viewpoint of this site or not: http:///the-flores-report-jodi-arias-is-innocent-june-4th-2008/ police report: http:///wp-content/uploads/2013/02/...port-8-27-2008-Jodi-Arias-Is-Innocent-com.pdf
I would like to know more about the subsequent DT & AR's restraining order/suicide issue, and about the roommate's rental car, and did anyone see the alleged facebook pics of TA and one of the roommates' sons with spiderman clothes. Are there threads for any of these? Thank you

OK, so when MH and two other people came over to the house no one answered the door so they let themselves in using a garage door opener one of them had or that a friend had given them (who had the opener I wonder?). Once inside they found the roommates upstairs in their rooms (one had been blasting music). Roommate ZB had a key for TA's room.

Oops, sorry, it was DS who was saying that about his room being next to Travis's, not DT. So DT was not a roommate? http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/11/friend-i-never-heard-travis-and-jodi-fight

My question is when the judge in JA's trial announced the Guilty verdicts of fist degree murder, she gave some sort of 7-5 breakdown in the types of first degree murder as to how the jurors voted. Can anyone explain what the breakdown was and how these types of "Murder One" relate to this case. Thanks!

Satch

My question is when the judge in JA's trial announced the Guilty verdicts of fist degree murder, she gave some sort of 7-5 breakdown in the types of first degree murder as to how the jurors voted. Can anyone explain what the breakdown was and how these types of "Murder One" relate to this case. Thanks!

Satch

I believe it was the breakdown of votes between premeditated 1st degree murder & premeditated 1st degree murder along with felony murder.

Was there ever definitive word about whether or not ALV was sanctioned by the Court, and if so, what was the reason? Was it related to her approach to Travis's sister? Apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but would appreciate a link, if it has. I tried searching threads but couldn't find it. She was the most unprofessional witness I have seen on the stand. The glasses, cell phone going off, and her leaving the witness box and galloping around the courtroom during a sidebar made me question whether she had actually appeared as an expert witness in a trial before.

The license plate ............... in JM's closing he recounted JA's story of skateboarders with
screwdriver(s) who apparently removed the license plate from her rental car, and she
retrieved it and threw it in the backseat. It was discovered by the police officer when she was pulled over.
I had heard that the issue with the license plate was that it was on the car, but upside
down. Was she pulled over for that too? In other words, what's up with the license plate? At what point(s) was she pulled over? After leaving Mesa?
Thanks !

The license plate ............... in JM's closing he recounted JA's story of skateboarders with
screwdriver(s) who apparently removed the license plate from her rental car, and she
retrieved it and threw it in the backseat. It was discovered by the police officer when she was pulled over.
I had heard that the issue with the license plate was that it was on the car, but upside
down. Was she pulled over for that too? In other words, what's up with the license plate? At what point(s) was she pulled over? After leaving Mesa?
Thanks !

IIRC She was stopped in Utah (after Mesa) for having her back plate upside down. The front plate was in the car.

How many sisters of Travis' ? I know Samantha and Tanisha...they sat together during
the trial. Then there's the sister, I think (she looks so much like Travis) who sat at the
end of the row...distanced from Samantha & Tanisha. Is this Hilary? But it's strange, because during the interview after the verdict, the newsman, Troy, asks JA....what do you have to say to Travis' "two sisters and younger brother".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back