General Theories and Motives Rehashed #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing the Misty-did-it theory out there. I know it's hard to believe she acted alone. Couldn't consider it until I saw her & family dynamics in action after the dope sting. But, perhaps it's one of the easier theories.

Player: Misty (accepting Misty as the sociopath)
Motives: Jealousy, Anger, Manipulation, Revenge
Sources: NayNay, (AH, Cobra etc.), PDM anonymous co-worker, Ron's interview (on DCF approved discipline), Granny Flo (HLN) Misty's MySpace, Misty herself, Marvin
Credibility of Sources: small to zilch :biggrin: (add salt) (felt it only fair to acknowledge this)

Telling Clues:

--- Misty's Myspace (day 1) threatened Amber (paraphrased) - "I've got your man now, next I'm gonna take your kid."

--- Granny seemed to believe that Misty could be jealous of Haleigh.

--- Misty herself talks about a bit of "competing" with Haleigh (she wanted everything I had...) (paraphrased)

--- Co-worker of Ron's states Misty has called Ron at work with complaints of Haleigh refusing to go to bed and Ron gives advise involving spanking

--- Ron (paraphrased) explains he is a DCF-pamplet carrying member of the spanking parent's club and knows the proper way to deliver corporal punishment and uses it for Haleigh & Butterbean.

--- Marvin (blind neighbor to Lisa/Hank) said Misty asked him to pray for her because her entire life was going to be about taking care of other peoples kids and she was so tired of her life. (paraphrased)

--- NayNay relates story - Misty tried to trick Ron into believing she was pregnant - wanted to marry Ron.

--- NayNay further expands - NayNay understood the big Blowout between Ron & Misty prior to Misty leaving for 3 day "binge" with White Boy Greg and NayNay happened over this "faked" pregancy. Ron was furious she was pregnant, told her he did not want any more children, he already had his children, physically hurt her (abdominal area) and tried to cause Misty abort her fake pregnancy.

----NayNay says Misty did not want to take care of the kids that day - she was exhausted and still feeling strung out. Ron wants her to come home & babysit anyway and bring a condom. (Because, apparently, that's her job.) NayNay didn't have one to give Misty.

Theory A: Misty returns from 3 day binge and is still strung out. She also feels not-so-much like a mother to Haleigh anymore (see motive above), and she has attitude. Somehow in the course of the evening Haleigh's life is threatened, (by party atmosphere, by acquaintance of Misty's/Ron's or simply by overdosing). Misty doesn't respond appropriately, doesn't protect Haleigh - for all of the above reasons and/or because she is under the influence & partying. Cover-up ensues to save relationship with Ronald.

Theory B: Same as above except Misty herself loses her temper with Haleigh. Cover-up ensues to save her arse and relationship with Ronald.

Aftermath:
Misty relies on whichever family of hers responds to help with cleanup. (Tommy, possibly others?)
Misty dreams up abduction story thanks to other local child abduction stories in the news.
(Not sure what Ron knows when.) At first Ron believes abduction; he thinks it's paybacks for something nefarious he previously did.
Misty knows what Ron previously did. Misty lets Ron believe Haleigh was killed. Misty offers up her cousin Joe as scapegoat. Ron is grateful. Ron doesn't want to discuss what he previously did that may have put his children in danger. Ron & Misty point to Joe.
Ron enjoys financial support from Haleigh fund-raisers and many free meals at local establishments.
Ron's side of family embarks on a cover-up of their own - a "Ron's reputation" cover-up - in order to keep custody of Butterbean. Misty is sainted, Misty& Ron marry.
Ron threatens Tommy who helped Misty, knows too much about everything and objects to the cousin Joe scam.
Everybody does some more dope to forget what a miserable web they weave.
LE attention stays on Misty, Media attention on Ron who makes fast friends with his attorneys.
Eventually Ron realizes he's beginning to look like an idiot - to his lawyers - and all the talk show hosts. (Apparently no one else thinks "marrying the enemy" is a viable solution.)
Ron decides he doesn't like being that famous after all...and... dumps Misty because she isn't as successful lying to machines as she is lying to people.
Tommy didn't tell what he really knows...until recently.

:waitasec:

Maybe that wasn't as simple as I'd hoped. :innocent:

I think people can work deals even when they are in prison to get their time reduced.

The State just has to agree to it that the info they have is worth it.

I see...well, you may very well be correct on that but I would not think any attempt on another criminal's part could help to reduce yours or my sentence.

The drug crime for Hope has already had a sentence applied. How could Ron take any time off her sentence for what he may have to say? It's her crime, her sentence to pay and I just don't see how Ron would have any affect on her sentence.

As far as I know, no info from Ron re: Haleigh's disappearance (which no one has been charged for yet) can be used in negotiations to reduce Hope's sentence. Hope and her attorney can try to appeal her sentence but Ron has nothing to do with it legally. If I understood your original question correctly.

The wreck Hank Sr. was in was with a drunk driver according to him in the phone calls the guy is in jail and not able to pay the money he owes to Hank for the wreck.

Now according to Chelsea there was another wreck Timmy was in and in a phone call he had with Misty it was Katrina (Hopes mom) he wrecked into.

I would really like to know the story on that wreck.

OT but all those wrecks really bother me. I do not think they are related to Haleigh's disappearance but they sure are muddying the waters around it.

It ocurrs to me that this family is either the worst crew of drivers in the state of Florida, or perhaps auto accidents is just yet another part of the family business. We've all seen the 20/20 episodes years back showing that some folks actually get into "accidents" on purpose by maneuvering into situations where other drivers are forced to run into them. They then visit chiropractors, file insurance claim against the other driver and get quick, nuisence settlements from insurers.

Is it possible that in addition to selling prescription meds the Cummins/Croslin Clan are also engaged in a bit of insurance fraud for cash on the side?

Just a thought.

This has been a thought of mine also regarding staged automobile accidents. I was reading up on this issue a couple weeks ago. Seems it's a huge problem in Florida - even Dr's and health clinics are known to be involved in these scams. Win-Win for all involved; The Dr's, and those setting up/doing the "hits" get insurance $$$, with an added bonus of prescriptions for pain medication for either personal use or sale... What a racket huh?
JMHO ~

Just a comment on the bedwetting thing. The problem I see with finding mattress evidence is that Haleigh had a toddler bed--they use plain old crib mattresses--which are usually waterproof--just wipe them off. If the bedding was washed, there probably wouldn't be any evidence if the mattress was wiped down. JMO

That is if HaLeigh had an/the accident in her own bed. Supposedly Misty had just returned home from her 3-day escapade and discovered that the blanket smelled like pee, washed it, blah, blah, blah... Since "3" people seem to be able to fit/sleep in a bed (Ron, Misty, and Jr) just fine in that home, perhaps Ronald, Jr, and HaLeigh all slept in the full-size bed in the master bedroom when Misty was gone. Maybe when Misty returned she found that the full-size bed had been pizzed in and that's what set her off. She may have flipped the mattress, washed the blanket and told HaLeigh that she couldn't sleep in the "big" bed with them anymore so she put HaLeigh's little mattress in the room for her to sleep in and this is what set HaLeigh off... Just a thought ~

Does anyone know how far walaka is from Satsuma or the MH...it seems there is a rather desolate public boat launch at the end of Elm -- behind the log cabin bar.

Emma Peel, alotta work went into that. You got me thinking!

I never thought Misty had the smarts( JMO) to pull this off on her own, but you wrap it all up nicely. I have been wondering about Misty harming Haleigh and then calling her bro's for help. Good thinking.

Hi Peliman,

I missed your crazy looking cat, always makes me laugh. I agree with all points, especially the bed wetting. I noted way back in the beginning that the mattress would have been wet, along with the pink shirt that was found in the laundry pile. I keep seeing posts by on poster that the shirt was found, folded in the dresser, I guess something has changed about the shirt. But if the mattress was wet, you can bet LE took note of that, took pictures or the whole mattress, or at least cut out a section of it; but I don't think it was, as they said she was lying about the whole evening.

Enjoy your posts. Always clear and informative. But I wanted to add, if it's true - Ron told Tim Miller the beds did not appear to have been slept in. Have you heard this tidbit?

Just a comment on the bedwetting thing. The problem I see with finding mattress evidence is that Haleigh had a toddler bed--they use plain old crib mattresses--which are usually waterproof--just wipe them off. If the bedding was washed, there probably wouldn't be any evidence if the mattress was wiped down. JMO

IIRC Misty is saying that Haleigh's blanket smelled like pee when she gets back from this 3 day binge. She doesn't say that she pee the bed or blanket that day or night, but when she is getting ready to put Haleigh to bed, she notices that it had been peed on. So I don't think she striped the bed, sheets, and blanket and washed everything down, as a matter of fact, the LDT showed she lied when saying she put Haleigh to bed at 8pm. So we don't know if the blanket was peed on or if the mattress had traces of urine, but LE would know. They had the MH for over 2 weeks. I don't know if her story of washing was just something to tell LE when they asked what she did that night, or something happened and Misty had to get rid of the blanket. We don't know anything except what Misty told them. We don't know if there was a blanket on the window, or if there was a blanket with pee, all we know is Misty lied about that whole night according to her VSA, LDT and what she said in interviews. Ron said there was no soap, We heard the washer and dryer had been filled with dirty cloths, so when she says the blanket had pee on it, I don't believe her. I think they asked her what she did that night, she said, I made dinner, I did washing, I put in a video for the kids, I put them to bed, blah, blah, blah, all lies. I think LE knows she wasn't home or is lying because there was no soap or pee on the mattress from over the weekend. JMO

Enjoy your posts. Always clear and informative. But I wanted to add, if it's true - Ron told Tim Miller the beds did not appear to have been slept in. Have you heard this tidbit?

Yes, and I still wonder why he volunteers this information and about the cloths in the washer and dryer and no soap to do laundry. On one hand he is marrying her and tipping her off about DB and on the other he is throwing her under the bus.

Yes, and I still wonder why he volunteers this information and about the cloths in the washer and dryer and no soap to do laundry. On one hand he is marrying her and tipping her off about DB and on the other he is throwing her under the bus.

It's just my suspicion about Ron but I believe anything he does or says is to protect himself not to help Misty or help find his daugher. But I think Misty is not too smart and she believes Ron on all the bull he gives her about his statements and actions. Since I believe Ron has something to hide about his own involvement, I can see him having many different stories out there for a variety of people.

My brain is mush when it comes to this case. Information overload weighs, and I can't be trusted to give theories a fair consideration if they involve her suffering.

The only things I'm convinced of are that Misty and Ron both know what happened and must both be guilty of something that keeps them covering for each other in order to cover for themselves.

A few things that I need to allow for in a theory are:

- Misty and Ron's shared culpability.

- The possibility of her dying in the area of the latest search, since, when asked, the Sheriff said the other day that they think it's a "good possibility." (IOW, LE's theory does not seem require her being fatally wounded elsewhere.)

- Junior. Even if he didn't remember what he saw or did that night, Misty/Ron would have to take the possibility of his remembering something that would give them away into account when coming up with the story. (So, e.g., I don't think he heard a gun go off, went anywhere, or saw Haleigh sick...)

Here is a really crazy theory, but it would explain why Misty's get a reading of doubt about Ron's involvement on the VST.

What if Misty did go out that night, turned off the phone, the kids are alone. Maybe she gave them a little something to sleep. Ron keeps calling her cell, but no answer, but he doesn't put it past her to leave the kids alone, so he calls Tommy because he is close. So Tommy doesn't say he is going over, just he hasn't seen her since he left the MH at 5:30. Now Tommy knows the kids are alone, so he goes over and lets himself in. Now he could have found both kids asleep and left or he could have done the unthinkable to Haleigh, but she was alive when he left, either way he can't say "hey, I was there and the kids were fine or I was there but I only molested her she was alive when I left." And he can't say, hey, I got there and Haleigh was dead and I didn't do nothing, I left. All bad for him. So you pick, but Misty in this theory comes home and Haleigh is dead, not only is she dead, she had been raped. So she has no idea if the pills killed her, if Ron came home and did this, or if Tommy or Joe stopped by. She can't call Ron, heck he will kill her for leaving Haleigh alone and this happening, She does the next best thing, she calls for help from Tommy. They get rid of the body, she doesn't say she thinks Haleigh was raped, just she found her dead and she can't tell Ron she was out. So now, she has to start pointing fingers at somebody, anybody and Tommy and Joe look like the best one to finger. She has her doubts about Ron, and if the pills killed Haleigh, but she is going to finger the other two. And we do have Ron at work and the 30+ calls and the video of buying beer, peanuts and cigarettes, so Tommy and Joe look like the winners to her.

Special thanks to Peliman for the latest addition to my "When ya need a chuckle" images folder! ;)

rrniwl.jpg

_______________________​

But here is when it would get interesting, if she told Ron Haleigh got into pills and she found her dead, what would Ron do? So maybe Misty knows what happened to Haleigh, but to keep Ron on the hook she tells him, your pills killed her, do you want me to call 911 or call somebody to help us out? Tommy can't put himself in that trailer, even if he found Haleigh dead, cause he is afraid that he gets blamed, Misty has Ron believing it's his fault and the cover up and lying begin. No one knows for sure who did what and no one can talk because it makes them guilty.

Well I think that Ron 100% either did it or is covering up.

If he DIDN'T know who took, stole, murdered HaLeigh he would want Jr protected from the unknown... but he does know.. that is why he wanted Jr to remain with him and not Crystal... he was not concerned for Jr's safety AT ALL .. infact, didn't he start by pointing fingers at Crystal & Fiancee?
I think a normal reaction would be to go into protection mode ... if you have NO idea who has your child .... why would you risk losing the other?

Someone posted a theory on another thread. wish I could remember the poster but it really rang true to me. It had something to do with Misty and her 3 day binge, not wanting to babysit. Ron saying, if you can't handle it just give her a pill. IMO could have been several different kinds of pills in the house. One OXY could have truly done Haleigh In. If that were true it makes both Ron and Misty culpable in the eyes of the Law. They had plenty of time to make a pact, get married to seal the deal and create a story. It just made sense to me

Another thing to add to that, it explains the blanket story, the controversy of the clothing, the laundry lies. When someone has a reaction to a drug they vomit. She could have asphyxiated on her own vomit. They, whomever that was, might have thought she was dead, but she wasn't yet. (Thats why a cadaver dog would not have hit) They? washed the clothes, wrapped her into the blanket, took her off to several places( being high they were in a panic) Misty might have made contact with Ron saying...SOMETHING is wrong! Then she turned off the cell phone after getting some help from either someone all ready there, or someone she called. (You fill in the names)Then Haleigh most likely ended up in the St. Johns.

Just another theory....

Anyway, I have been going back over the first weeks of the case and all that has ensued since Haleigh went missing. I keep coming back to the fact that there has been no arrests or charges on her disappearance and what Butterbean said happened that night.

What if whatever happened to Haleigh happened before Ron left for work but wasn't obvious right then? What if the last phone call from Misty to Ron was to tell him that she had died? Who would cover his butt and who could he trust to make sure that things were taken care of like they needed to be? Family is the answer that I keep coming up with.

What if the "family" he called wasn't Tommy, but his dad and uncle? Ron's father and his Uncle are founding members of the Kingsmen Motorcycle Club. Club riders usually wear jeans with chaps over them and then the black leather vest over a dark tee shirt. Motorcycle boots are not only black but most of them squeak because of the reinforcement that they have to protect the ankle and foot.

What if the couch wasn't bouncing from whatever, but from "family" wrapping up Haleigh so that they could put her on the back of a bike to get to somewhere to dispose of her body? That would also likely explain the "loud car" that some reported. It wasn't a car but a couple of bikes.

This would give time for people to get up and get moving, clean up any mess that was made with Haleigh passing away. Not to mention give people time to get their stories in place and the staging of the scene done.

No one that is currently in jail can tell them where the body was disposed of because they don't know. The threat of bodily harm to Misty and Tommy has been keeping their mouths shut or them throwing everyone but the guilty parties under the bus. A motorcycle gang that is known for their violence would be enough I think to keep everyone in line.

LE is stuck because they know what happened, now they just have to tie the person/ persons responsible to the crime. That would be tough with bikers. They haven't arrested anyone because they are still trying to get enough to hold the bikers.

If this is a good theory then there wouldn't be anything to be washed. She would have been wrapped up in whatever she was laying on and possibly another sheet or blanket and strapped on the back of a bike. There wouldn't be anything to wash.

The body might have been wrapped and then laid in that dumpster long enough for what little cleanup had to be done and the stage set, i.e. the back door propped open with a block and so forth.

Some bike clubs are known for their ability to clean up messes so that none of their members can ever be charged for a crime. In the underground world, and no, you don't want to know how I know this, they are available for hire due them being so good at cleaning up crime scenes and disposing of bodies.

Plus it would be a case where Butterbean wouldn't register anything odd about them being there. He would be used to seeing them. Therefore it really wouldn't register as something odd or different, especially if they were dealing with or supplying Ron with dope to deal.

I hate to express things this way but that is the beauty in this theory. These would all be people that Butterbean, who in my mind is the one thing that Ron can't control, is used to seeing and wouldn't leave an impression on him as to the particular person or persons being there late at night.

It has also been put out there that Leonard Padilla said that he would transplant the entire Croslin Clan to California if Misty would just tell him where to find Haleigh one way or the other.

So that gives them an out and puts them into territory that is claimed by the Hell's Angels which the Kingsmen Club wouldn't dare to mess around in. So they would be safe and everyone could be working. Lindsy might have to retake her state boards, and even take an extra class or two, but everyone would be out of Satsuma and safe from any threat. So there is that as well.

This all leads me to think that possibly Tommy does know what happen and that as soon as possible people will be moving to California. They would have needed to wait for Hank Sr and Lisa to go to court and get their probation set up so it could be legally transferred to California. Which again would give LE time to gather the evidence that they need to convict everyone involved.

See how this all works out? Is it just me that sees this as one very viable theory that answers all the questions?

At the very least I would like to hear GMA describe what Haleigh was wearing when she last saw her. What shirt did she put on her and where was iit found?

I would also like to know why she brought ther nurse relative!:waitasec:

Also gma sykes being just a grandma wanting to find out what happened to Haleigh? I honestly don't think that for a sec. I have a 99.9% gut feeling she knows what happened! and that goes for tn as well!

I don't think I can handle much more of the case. These people are nuts and that's the better ones, the others are [unusual people] and the rest are [too]. We have been sitting here for fifteen months with no facts and people who give facts confuse us with the names of cities, mileage, inability to tell time from a clock or remember what occurred minutes ago, no less days.

On top of that these persons of illogic and [unusual-ness] manage to partake in drugs and carry guns. And we are supposed to get inside their heads and figure out what they did and why they did it without any verifiable facts and the LE says NOTHING.

I am now officially a DooDoo Bird..

BBM.. You and me both.. I've just about had it.. IMHO ..Even IF Haleigh was ever put in that water, someone after the fact moved her to another place...

I can't understand WHY the Cummings haven't been implicated in anyway..LE has to know they are involved... The Cummings managed to dispose of her in a manner where she will never be found and the truth will NEVER be revealed, unless one of them decides to tell the truth and since their main objectrive was/is to cover Ron C's rear in the first place, they will never say anything because they are now involved too...

Personally, I'm sick of lies and being on a merry -go- round that isn't going anywhere.....All it has managed to do is make me dizzy...

I sincerely believe Haleigh is in a place of pure love and total peace.. Hopefully, since I believe we are all connected, the peace Haleigh is experiencing can find it's way to Crystal and her family in order to heal some of the pain they are experiencing......JMO

Sorry. Kimster, I know this is O/T but I had to express my feelings and I don't see a thread that applies....

BBM.. You and me both.. I've just about had it.. IMHO ..Even IF Haleigh was ever put in that water, someone after the fact moved her to another place...

I can't understand WHY the Cummings haven't been implicated in anyway..LE has to know they are involved... The Cummings managed to dispose of her in a manner where she will never be found and the truth will NEVER be revealed, unless one of them decides to tell the truth and since their main objectrive was/is to cover Ron C's rear in the first place, they will never say anything because they are now involved too...

Personally, I'm sick of lies and being on a merry -go- round that isn't going anywhere.....All it has managed to do is make me dizzy...

I sincerely believe Haleigh is in a place of pure love and total peace.. Hopefully, since I believe we are all connected, the peace Haleigh is experiencing can find it's way to Crystal and her family in order to heal some of the pain they are experiencing......JMO

Sorry. Kimster, I know this is O/T but I had to express my feelings and I don't see a thread that applies....

OH Emeradgem, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I have posted recently about my feelings on the Shell Harbour Boat Ramp. I think that whoever tied Haleigh to a cinderblock with the rope also tied the other end of the rope to a pier pole at the dock. Later, I think someone came along, cut the rope, hauled Haleigh into the boat and took her to her resting place. I beleive that that someone was out on the water, in a boat and watching for Haleigh to be put into the river. When the coast was cleared, they came in and took her away. My thoughts? Seven Sisters Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_ks