General theory thread and motives rehashed #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa you have such a logical, fantastic mind. Ron said a lot of things and yet did nothing even though he'd want everyone to believe he'd go after anyone he thought was involved. All that bluster and does nothing but to go on with his drug dealing life.

Before I get reminded that many reports from this individual have been inaccurate--I don't dispute that for a minute--but I find these comments attributed to Fields to be intriguing. It would NOT be in AH's best interest to misquote an attorney. So the quotes are all I am looking at.

“I’d say he got a pretty good deal,” Misty Croslin’s lawyer, Robert Fields, told The Bald Truth exclusively today after sitting in to observe the same judge who will be trying his client on Aug. 23. “He could have gotten 30-35 years,” even though the average for trafficking in the county is 3-5 years. Fields said his Misty trial strategy is evolving, and is working on a secret witness he believes could boost her chances.

“I haven’t decided how to plead yet,” he told me, “but if we ask for her to be tried and sentenced as a youthful offender, that unties the judge’s hands” to be more flexible and doesn’t lock him into mandatory minumums.” artharris.com

1--Fields has been the quietest of them all and I am wondering if he is out-maneuvering Shoemaker and Werter

2. I though that traffic charges didn't qualify for youthful offender? :waitasec:

3. The mystery "guest" is driving me crazy. If it were a "friendly" witness, there would be no subpoena; but if, perhaps, it were not friendly, there would be a subpoena and is there any way to find out who may have been subpoenaed? All Just thinking out loud but I personally find watching the lawyering interesting and disgusting. Like a train wreck, I suppose.

Any thoughts?

In papa's quote earlier from RC talking to Cobra, he goes on to say that he questions why MG says that she thinks Haleigh is alive and living in GA or AL. Since RC has not gone after anyone in regards to the kidnapping, I sometimes wonder if he still thinks the other side of the family took her. He also mentions in his jailhouse convo with his mother he says something about if CS moves to Texas or somewhere 6 months down the road, then he will know. I still can see both sides of this case, but little comments like these just make me wonder. We have 2 grandmothers who each gave up children into the care of others. I would like to believe that this was done for the welfare of the children in question. If one of them felt that their granddaughter was being abused in some way, would they let their fear for her safety outweigh their need to have that child near them?
I personally don't know, but it still is a possibility that said child was taken for her own protection. I am seriously looking at all angles of this and it would be so nice to have a clue about what LE really knows. Heck, I am even at the point of believing Hank Sr & Lisa are in jail to keep them from talking to their kids and prevent us from hearing any more conversations.

At the time the Magnolia dock search thing happened, I really felt like Tommy was trying to let his wife & parents know that it was all a set up by LE and he was cooperating to bring out the real culprits, but he wasn't allowed to tell anyone. IMO if you read thru the transcripts there are lots of subtle clues. I just am not ready to hang the entire Croslin family yet--like Hank said--we're stupid but we're not killers.

In papa's quote earlier from RC talking to Cobra, he goes on to say that he questions why MG says that she thinks Haleigh is alive and living in GA or AL. Since RC has not gone after anyone in regards to the kidnapping, I sometimes wonder if he still thinks the other side of the family took her. He also mentions in his jailhouse convo with his mother he says something about if CS moves to Texas or somewhere 6 months down the road, then he will know. I still can see both sides of this case, but little comments like these just make me wonder. We have 2 grandmothers who each gave up children into the care of others. I would like to believe that this was done for the welfare of the children in question. If one of them felt that their granddaughter was being abused in some way, would they let their fear for her safety outweigh their need to have that child near them?
I personally don't know, but it still is a possibility that said child was taken for her own protection. I am seriously looking at all angles of this and it would be so nice to have a clue about what LE really knows. Heck, I am even at the point of believing Hank Sr & Lisa are in jail to keep them from talking to their kids and prevent us from hearing any more conversations.

At the time the Magnolia dock search thing happened, I really felt like Tommy was trying to let his wife & parents know that it was all a set up by LE and he was cooperating to bring out the real culprits, but he wasn't allowed to tell anyone. IMO if you read thru the transcripts there are lots of subtle clues. I just am not ready to hang the entire Croslin family yet--like Hank said--we're stupid but we're not killers.

BBM

Well it has been longer than 6 months and Crystal did not move to Texas.

IMO Crystal and her family have NOTHING to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

Yeah, Ron said it was one of them, referring to Misty or Crystal. So then if he was doing all this drug dealing just to get Misty in trouble to find out the truth about Haleigh, does that mean he didn't suspect Crystal anymore, and how far was he going to take it with Misty until he didn't think she had anything to do with it, and next was he going to do something to get the truth out of Crystal?

Its just so desperate, imo, his constant pointing the finger just shows me his guilt more and more. Hes so unbelievable, and if what lots of people suspect actually come true, I think Ronald will be one of the most coldest calculating people the world has seen in a long time, I cant even imagine Nancys reaction!

Who dun it? That's the burning question. Was it the mean tempered, teenaged girl beatin', drug abusin', gun covetin' father? Was it his wild, drug abusin', grade school drop-out, teenaged lover/ babysitter, who didn't want to babysit? Was it the babysitter's drug addled, sneaky, thievin', neighbor brother, who had, ( according to her), messed' with her? Was it the babysitter's 'crazy' cousin, who was so 'crazy', that he had, (according to family rumor), stabbed his own sister, over a piece of bologna? what a cast of suspects. & I'm not willing to rule out a single one of them.

Who dun it? That's the burning question. Was it the mean tempered, teenaged girl beatin', drug abusin', gun covetin' father? Was it his wild, drug abusin', grade school drop-out, teenaged lover/ babysitter, who didn't want to babysit? Was it the babysitter's drug addled, sneaky, thievin', neighbor brother, who had, ( according to her), messed' with her? Was it the babysitter's 'crazy' cousin, who was so 'crazy', that he had, (according to family rumor), stabbed his own sister, over a piece of bologna? what a cast of suspects. & I'm not willing to rule out a single one of them.

actually, I wrote that last post, decided not to send it, erased it, (I thought), & now I see that it posted twice, ..& my edit button is gone. arghh...

If a neglect charge had been filed against Misty or any charge then the details of what LE knows about this case can come out in court and they do not want anyone knowing what they know until they are ready to make an arrest for Haleigh's disappearance/death.

Asti, I too can go along with the idea you've put forth here.
However, I think LE hasn't charged Misty with neglect while babysitting mainly because they know she was not at the motor home that night when whatever happed to Haleigh transpired. She was brought in later by Ron and his mom and Great Grandma Sykes to establish a story that there was a kidnapping on her watch.
And I'm sticking with that!

jmo

when this story 1st broke, my 1st gut reaction, was that Misty had probably bashed Haleigh's head in, with a baseball bat. don't know why I thought something so morbid, but that's the way my mind works. But, after watching Misty real closely, & then Ron, & then TN, I changed my mind. Ron was the one that made me uncomfortable. He was obviously pulling Misty's strings, & that sent off all kinds of red flags. & TN ticked me off. I noticed that she had a real nead to one up Crystal, & wasted no opportuinity, to get in a hateful dig. too innappropriate for words. But does this make Ron, a murderer? No. But it does make him & his mom, hinderers. I think, if it hadn't been for these 2, Misty would've told the truth, long ago. It's MOO, that they didn't want the truth to come out, because the whole situation would have made Ron look worse than Crystal. They were all about a kidnapping, stranger abduction, etc...& they knew the answer was staring them in the face, the whole time. If Ron was truly not responsible for Haleigh's death, then they knew who was. It's MOO that Ron & TN incouraged Misty to lie, & stick to their story, because it made Ron look good. Misty was a great person, the kids adored her, she'd never leave them alone, the doors were locked, she was sober & perfectly fine, she cooked, cleaned, did laundry, Crystal was the bad guy, she owed back support, Misty was exausted, Misty & Ron were in love, she was the best girlfriend, he ever had, etc...etc...etc... & it's all BS. & why did Misty go along with it? because of all of that positive feeback. They loved her, they supported her, they took care of her, Ron put a family ring, on her finger. She was young, & fell for it. I don't know what any of this means, except that, IMO, Ron & TN had such a resentment towards Crystal, that it severly hurt this investigation. I hope LE realizes that. & this is all assuming that Ron, truly wasn't involved. But, who really knows???

Misty may believe she has told LE all she knows. Fields may believe she has. I am not convinced Misty is innocent but even if she is, I think she has withheld information.

Misty's story always started with her putting Haleigh to bed at 8 o'clock, "because that's her bedtime, because she has school." She "washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee." And she always ended her recitation with, "and that's all I know."

If Misty were asked to tell everything she did that night beginning with the 911 call and working back toward 8 PM, would some information come out that has not come out to date? I cannot help but wonder if Misty were forced to tell of that night's events in a way that could not be by rote, LE might get a more accurate timeline for that night.

Maybe that's what should have been done during one of Misty's many tests...the hypnosis or the LVT perhaps. I doubt Fields would allow such an experiment to be conducted now, even though he claims to believe Misty.

I do not think we will ever find out what happened to Haleigh--not unless someone other than the players knows the truth and gets into some deep doo-doo of their own one day, and needs a bargaining chip.

JMO.

ETA: OK THEN, I see Joe Overstreet was just arrested, no charges showing yet.

For a short time, I thought Misty did it, & was lieing, I then thought Ron did it, & TN was covering for him, & a weak Misty was minipulated by them both, (I have since seen that she's not so weak), I then thought a love sick Ronald, (lol), was covering for Misty, I even spent a very short while, entertaining the idea that TN was babysitting that night, & killed her grandchild, I thought for awhile, that a dealer full of retaliation showed up, I thought a run of the mill sex offenderl/kidnapper could've gotten her, (for about a minute), & I could actually visualize, a teenaged neighbor swiping her, (that chair in the woods, freaked me out), I even considered a family kidnapping from her mother's side, or a revenge plot from Ron's ex girlfriend. I, like many others, have considered every possibility. I've read theories where Haleigh was beaten, raped, shot, drowned, buried, cremated, thrown to the alligators, overdosed, tossed into a dumpster, thrown into a landfill, & just about every other imaginable horror. Surely, the answer is in here somewhere. & you'd think, if for no other reason, all of these horrible theories, would get somebody to talk, just to shut up all of the speculation. My mind is tired of all of this, & I'm depressed at what this little girl had to go through, & I want some answers, ******. It's time for one of these liars, to tell the truth.

I too am just worn out from all of this, I try to stay away. When I saw that JO was arrested, I thought at first it was because of a connection to Haleigh. I said a little prayer that this is finally over for the family that truly loves her. I still haven't decided if the stories about him are true at all - but this seems to be just your average drug bust. Another .

Great posts! I like how everyone is running through all the possibilities and their initial thoughts on this case. I know my initial thought was: her name rhymes with Caylee, it's in Florida, the memorial service was just held---is this a copycat thing? Money---that's the first thought that came to my mind. Look how the public responded to Caylee and the outpouring of funds to search for her. I really thought it was all a money scam. Who knew I'd still be wondering a year and a half later.

Misty may believe she has told LE all she knows. Fields may believe she has. I am not convinced Misty is innocent but even if she is, I think she has withheld information.

Misty's story always started with her putting Haleigh to bed at 8 o'clock, "because that's her bedtime, because she has school." She "washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee." And she always ended her recitation with, "and that's all I know."

If Misty were asked to tell everything she did that night beginning with the 911 call and working back toward 8 PM, would some information come out that has not come out to date? I cannot help but wonder if Misty were forced to tell of that night's events in a way that could not be by rote, LE might get a more accurate timeline for that night.

I'm sure that would work with most people, i.e. normal, non-drug-using people. But given the environment Misty grew up in, her difficulty learning, sporadaic education, and dropping out of school in 7th grade, then compound that history with her drug binge in the days before Haleigh's disappearance, I don't think Misty can provide any more information. If she was able to in the beginning, I don't think she can after all this time.

Misty is very inarticulate. Like with the sleeping arrangements that night. Her statements seem inconsistent because to her 'sleeping in the bed with me' is the same as sleeping in a different bed in the same room. And she gets confused when people ask specific followup questions because to her it's all the same thing.

She doesn't seem to be appear to think logically or express herself coherently. She falls back on "that's all I know". It worked in her family. When the adults in the family are in a haze, very little is expected of the kids. There is no accountability. Just shrug and say "whatever", "I don't know."

You know how when kids are little, you teach them to recall events in sequence and in detail, like
Parent: "What did you do at Grandma's house?"
Child: "We had lunch."
Parent: "Then what?"
Child: "We went to the park?"
Parent: "Did you walk or take the car?"
Child: "We walked. I went down the big slide!"

I don't think Misty has the cognitive ability to commit events to memory or recall and retell them with any precision. She seems easily confused and rattled when anyone questions what she said.

Sadly, she has retold the versions of what happened so many times that I don't think she knows fact from fiction any more.

Maybe that's what should have been done during one of Misty's many tests...the hypnosis or the LVT perhaps. I doubt Fields would allow such an experiment to be conducted now, even though he claims to believe Misty.

I do not think we will ever find out what happened to Haleigh--not unless someone other than the players knows the truth and gets into some deep doo-doo of their own one day, and needs a bargaining chip.

JMO.

ETA: OK THEN, I see Joe Overstreet was just arrested, no charges showing yet.

You are astute, my friend. Misty spoke always forward, when asked about the evening, she had to go all the way back to the morning.

Interrogation 102 ... go backwards in time if you want the truth. If you notice, misty cannot do that. She will turn it around every time and start at the beginning.. It was said by some of those who spoke with her at the start, that as soon as she was led off the road, she would leave or remind them that she was not an adult...and interrogating would have to stop.

She is not stupid. If she starts to make a mistake or say too much, she catches herseslf, everytime.

I agree with you, somebody should have started at the end and advanced backward, asking her, "And what happened before that, etc". Dollars to Donuts, she couldn't or would rewrite the question to a different ttime where she could go forward.

You are astute, my friend. Misty spoke always forward, when asked about the evening, she had to go all the way back to the morning.

Interrogation 102 ... go backwards in time if you want the truth. If you notice, misty cannot do that. She will turn it around every time and start at the beginning.. It was said by some of those who spoke with her at the start, that as soon as she was led off the road, she would leave or remind them that she was not an adult...and interrogating would have to stop.

She is not stupid. If she starts to make a mistake or say too much, she catches herseslf, everytime.

I agree with you, somebody should have started at the end and advanced backward, asking her, "And what happened before that, etc". Dollars to Donuts, she couldn't or would rewrite the question to a different ttime where she could go forward.

Yes, Whisp!. If anyone had asked Misty, "What did you do at 9:30 PM that night?" she would have answered with, "I put Haleigh to bed at 8 o'clock, because that's her bedtime, because she has school..."

There were minor differences in the recitation, like one time she woke up at 3 to go to the bathroom and another time she woke up to get a drink, but the basic story sounded like rote memory rather than actual memory. It always started and ended the same. Misty never had any problem answering as long as she could start with 8 PM.

Misty walked out on a LE interview and her reason was one cop was "being rude" to her. Could it be that that cop tried to get Misty to speak in her own words and not someone else's? To speak naturally rather than recite?

All JMO.

He probably was doing exactly what you said ... being specific and trying to move backwards, that it the best way to catch anyone in a lie. They have used this technique forever. It is very effective.

I'm sure that would work with most people, i.e. normal, non-drug-using people. But given the environment Misty grew up in, her difficulty learning, sporadaic education, and dropping out of school in 7th grade, then compound that history with her drug binge in the days before Haleigh's disappearance, I don't think Misty can provide any more information. If she was able to in the beginning, I don't think she can after all this time.

Misty is very inarticulate. Like with the sleeping arrangements that night. Her statements seem inconsistent because to her 'sleeping in the bed with me' is the same as sleeping in a different bed in the same room. And she gets confused when people ask specific followup questions because to her it's all the same thing.

She doesn't seem to be appear to think logically or express herself coherently. She falls back on "that's all I know". It worked in her family. When the adults in the family are in a haze, very little is expected of the kids. There is no accountability. Just shrug and say "whatever", "I don't know."

You know how when kids are little, you teach them to recall events in sequence and in detail, like
Parent: "What did you do at Grandma's house?"
Child: "We had lunch."
Parent: "Then what?"
Child: "We went to the park?"
Parent: "Did you walk or take the car?"
Child: "We walked. I went down the big slide!"

I don't think Misty has the cognitive ability to commit events to memory or recall and retell them with any precision. She seems easily confused and rattled when anyone questions what she said.

Sadly, she has retold the versions of what happened so many times that I don't think she knows fact from fiction any more.

I respectfully disagree that Misty's issues telling what happened are because of her education etc. Telling the truth does not take a particular level of intelligence; I believe her stories are because she's lying, either because she wasn't there, or what I believe, because telling the truth would implicate herself in a crime. MOO

There has to be credibility given to those who are theorizing three or four people are involved. If JO is insane he could have done exactly what misty said he did. However; why not tell what happened at the very beginning? They have said Tommy is lying. LE doesn't seem to be interested in ron.

It may come down to the simple story that misty killed Haleigh, panicked and disposed of the body. She could have done this alone or called for help.

If JO took Haleigh for revenge on ron, why didn't misty tell?
If JO threatened rc with revenge, why didn't ron go after him?

There has to be something about that couch. The only time I got a flicker of something truthful going on was when lisa said, "You and misty were on the couch......". He shut her up quickly. IMO, tommy was with misty on that couch at some point in this story.

timmy and chelsea say JO was missing at some point. they say he took the van. I cannot understand why JO has not been ruled out or in. His DNA would be in the van and on their sleeping area which was very close to where timmy and Chelsea were sleeping...Didn't LE take the sheets or the bed that JO slept on immediately?

JO may have killed Haleigh in retaliation to rc and rc refuses to accept any responsibility. He is not the type that wants the public to know his temper and how he overreacted to JO and threatened mutilation. Misty is responsible for letting JO take her and not trying to stop him or calling LE. Tommy or misty may have gone along for the ride with JO. One may have stayed behind to clean up. I am bewildered as to why rc would protect misty in this scenario. All I know is rc is an extremely weird person who happens to be very immature, with other serious flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member