George Clooney gets married

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought it was lovely that the Clooneys donated all the proceeds from their photos to charity and asked the guests to do so as well in lieu of wedding gifts. Classy.

George Clooney
We Sold Wedding Pics to Highest Bidder ...
For Charity

9/30/2014 10:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

George Clooney put his wedding pics on the auction block and a tabloid was one of the winners ... but the money is ALL going to charities that he fiercely supports ... TMZ has learned.

George's wedding pics have been sold to People and the British tabloid Hello! Sources familiar with the sales tell us it was strictly an issue of which mag anted up the most. People won the North America market and Hello! conquered Europe.

Our sources say ... the money will be going to several human rights charities. We're told the lion's share is earmarked for the Satellite Sentinel Project -- a charity that monitors the movements of militant gangs in the Sudan ... in order to warn civilians. Clooney is a co-founder of the group, which launched in 2010.

As one source connected to Clooney tells TMZ ... "Every photo in both magazines will be saving a life."

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/30/georg...tos-people-hello-charity-sudan/#ixzz3F8iHVeNF

I find this fabulous from George Clooney and his wife! Respect! :thumb:

I just have to say, IMO, this seemed like a really classy affair. It was not filmed for the E Network. Her wedding dress was gorgeous. She is gorgeous. They both seemed really happy and I am glad when 2 people find each other and know it is right. George seems to have finally found a woman of substance.

This was no Kardashian/West wedding. JMV

Zuri!! This is the most excellent post :) I could not have articulated it as well as you.

Hope all is well with you, my WS friend.

Vogue Magazine has made a report of the fitting of the wedding dress:
http://www.vogue.com/2041281/amal-alamuddin-wedding-dress-oscar-de-la-renta/

Indeed, on a warm Wednesday in late July, 36-year-old Alamuddin gambols blithely into de la Renta’s Bryant Park offices on towering wedge sandals, eager to greet the designer with a double kiss. She wears a floral-printed day dress, also by de la Renta. A sand suede Balenciaga motorcycle bag dangles from her forearm. Her long jet-black hair is blown out with just enough volume around the temples to softly frame her minimally made-up face. Following her into the showroom are her mother, Baria, who lives in London, and sister, Tala, who has come all the way from Singapore for the fitting.

(...)

Dresses, plural, includes the festive, Gatsby-style party frock that de la Renta is supplying as the second act of the evening.

This she slips into after the wedding dress has been carefully removed. Her entrance is preceded by a soft clicking sound, like the chicest swarm of cicadas, the all-over silver and pearl beading and beaded fringe hem snapping together with each step. The dress is from de la Renta’s fall 2014 collection, and Alamuddin’s reedlike frame fits effortlessly into the runway sample. It has been shortened from ankle to mid-thigh, the better to show off her endless legs and to make it a true dancing dress.

(...)

Suddenly a pair of hand-embroidered beaded silver pumps emerges from a hidden closet. These Baroque marvels are the runway shoes for de la Renta’s upcoming spring 2015 show. The ensemble is complete.

:hot: :hot: :hot:

I really don't need to say this, but I will. I don't think she is particularly pretty. I'm not going to insult her with a list of reasons why, but I don't. And she seemed to appear out of nowhere. I follow celebrity gossip more than I care to admit, and suddenly she was just there, then suddenly they were married. I think he wants to go into politics and he needed a wife who suited his career aspirations. Also, celebs often have difficulty with rumors about their sexual preference and getting married can help that. That's my opinion which seems to be shared by almost no one LOL

I really don't need to say this, but I will. I don't think she is particularly pretty. I'm not going to insult her with a list of reasons why, but I don't. And she seemed to appear out of nowhere. I follow celebrity gossip more than I care to admit, and suddenly she was just there, then suddenly they were married. I think he wants to go into politics and he needed a wife who suited his career aspirations. Also, celebs often have difficulty with rumors about their sexual preference and getting married can help that. That's my opinion which seems to be shared by almost no one LOL

My cousin thinks the same thing, Grace!! I think you're both probably right!

As a totally off topic aside, there's a book by Mary Kay Andrews called Ladies Night that features a character named Grace who has a blog called Grace Notes!

Thankfully, nowdays a woman has more things to aspire to than just being "pretty."

She may not be 'pretty'- that connotes a delicate and regular set of features- but she sure as heck is beautiful. Here's an example: look at a picture of Princess Diana. Was she pretty? Not really. But she was certainly beautiful.

And I don't think that George Clooney has any political aspirations. He would not have married a woman of her ethnicity if he wanted to run for office in the US. Besides, he has disclaimed any interest in running, because he "inhaled too many times"! And why would he want to ruin such a wonderful and exciting life by getting involved in politics?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back