George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #11 Tues. July 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know, IF we believe that part of GZ
's testimony, that Trayvon Martin didn't grab Zimmerman's weapon....GZ didn't have to wrestle Martin to shoot his gun into Martin's heart....So, IF GZ truly thought his life was in danger....he could have easily held Trayvon Martin at gunpoint until LE arrived..instead he chose to shoot TM in the heart. Goes to premeditation to me. IMO

Premeditation is not part of this case. That would be murder 1. The are going for murder two.

Murder in the second degree :

by a person other than the person engaged in the perpetration of or in the attempt to perpetrate such felony, the person perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate such felony commits murder in the second degree, which constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated without any design to effect death, by a person engaged in the perpetration of, or in the attempt to perpetrate, any felony other than any:
(a) Trafficking offense prohibited by s. 893.135(1),
(b) Arson,
(c) Sexual battery,
(d) Robbery,
(e) Burglary,
(f) Kidnapping,
(g) Escape,
(h) Aggravated child abuse,
(i) Aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult,
(j) Aircraft piracy,
(k) Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb,
(l) Unlawful distribution of any substance controlled under s. 893.03(1), cocaine as described in s. 893.03(2)(a)4., or opium or any synthetic or natural salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium by a person 18 years of age or older, when such drug is proven to be the proximate cause of the death of the user,
(m) Carjacking,
(n) Home-invasion robbery,
(o) Aggravated stalking,
(p) Murder of another human being,
(q) Aggravated fleeing or eluding with serious bodily injury or death,
(r) Resisting an officer with violence to his or her person, or
(s) Felony that is an act of terrorism or is in furtherance of an act of terrorism,

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0700-0799/0782/Sections/0782.04.html

I have been waiting for this one. I watched the Hemy Neuman trial and she was unfreakinbeliebable! Hopefully it is livestreamed, I refuse to sit through HLN's nonsense.

I really wish there was movement on Redwine case.

I have received a concussion. I know a little bit about this. Did <mod snip> need any supervision for potential concussion? None I have heard. IMO

I too have received a concussion as well as suffered from "Post concussion Syndrome" with memory lapses, headaches, etc for more than 6 months afterward. This was from an auto accident. However I was not kept for supervision/observation in the hospital either. I was transported to the ER via ambulance. I had many xrays and a ct due to alot of other injuries to my extremities. I arrived at the hospital around 10:30 p.m. and was released about 3 or 4 a.m.

Posting this just to show even when you have documentation medically of concussion they often don't keep you for observation.
Not in my opinion but rather in my experience.

I have received multiple concussions. the medical people were mistaken not to supervise his potential for concussion, imo.

plus I was a medic in the air force back in the day. there is NO WAY to tell if a person is concussed by looking at them, or by any rudimentary examinations. the only way to rule out one is by an rmi, imo.

the medical people can help with this. its been a long time.

How did you feel? I could not count change or find my way home.
Did GZ have any problems? IMO

I won't be replying to any more opinion posts.. Evidence discussions, fact discussions or testimony yes.. But I find more and more opinion based on nothing but opinion and no facts.

I am interested in the case and where it leads not where people THINK it should lead.

Justice.. I want justice and a verdict based on law.

OMO
May I join you? :truce: replying to opinion posts is a waste of energy.

A forensic expert testified Tuesday that Trayvon Martin's gunshot wound indicated that he was likely on top of George Zimmerman when the neighborhood watch volunteer shot him.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/09/11-calls-becoming-heart-zimmerman-trial/#ixzz2YZGt7E00

wow, that is HUGE imo.

I missed that testimony, and I need to see it because I just don't know how on earth they could possibly determine that. I'll have to check it out.

It would support what I think happened, but I would like to understand how they came to that conclusion. Thanks!

gee : "YOU KNOW there were at least two separate impacts." .defense expert

wait, I thought, the states "expert" said there was only ONE?

how could the jury possible believe anything she said?

What happened to the edge of the concrete? I will bet you any amount of money that if your head is slammed into the 90 degree edge of concrete, you are going to get a major cut in your head. IMO
This is just more paid for one sided evidence of no use.

I have received multiple concussions. the medical people were mistaken not to supervise his potential for concussion, imo.

plus I was a medic in the air force back in the day. there is NO WAY to tell if a person is concussed by looking at them, or by any rudimentary examinations. the only way to rule out one is by an rmi, imo.

the medical people can help with this. its been a long time.

As some of us know....ANY head trauma has potential for serious consequences. IMO.

I still remember as a teen falling on my face hitting my nose while trying to learn how to skate. The pain. And I felt stunned for quite a few moments even though my arms held off a direct blow.

I can't even image several encounters with cement!

Does anyone recall how long Trayvon had been staying in the complex, with his dad and dad's fiancee? thanks.

Was there anything that came up after she dismissed jury for lunch?

Thanks!!

If I may, I would like to offer my opinion about the scream. It was a high-pitched reedy voice, like GZ's.

When he testified, Tracy Martin sounded like the singer Barry White. Jaharvis, TM's brother, displayed a deep baritone on the stand.

We've heard George Zimmerman's voice over and over. It sounds like the source of the scream IMO. There was even a Latin inflection IMO.

I've been wanting to post this for so long, but just didn't know how to articulate it. Kudos to you!

We know, IF we believe that part of GZ
's testimony, that Trayvon Martin didn't grab Zimmerman's weapon....GZ didn't have to wrestle Martin to shoot his gun into Martin's heart....So, IF GZ truly thought his life was in danger....he could have easily held Trayvon Martin at gunpoint until LE arrived..instead he chose to shoot TM in the heart. Goes to premeditation to me. IMO

Because I'm sure in the heat of the moment when he's on the receiving end of a fight going badly, he's hoping that if he takes his gun out, the beating will stop.

If what you say is true, there is no point to self defense or even having a weapon.

IMO

IMO TM's supporters can't (or won't) grasp the fact that one or two more head slams would have put GZ in a coma or killed him.

Here is what we know. Head trauma can be devastating. It can take one blow. We know head injuries hurt and can daze us. We know that head injuries are now always taken seriously.

We also know that some head injuries can not seem at all serious at first but can be deadly later as with Natasha Richardson who fell and hit her head on snow..

But we also know that based on law, he did not have to have severe injuries to meet the burden for self defense.

OMO

I missed that testimony, and I need to see it because I just don't know how on earth they could possibly determine that. I'll have to check it out.

It would support what I think happened, but I would like to understand how they came to that conclusion. Thanks!

It was the witness that was just on.:seeya:

How did you feel? I could not count change or find my way home.
Did GZ have any problems? IMO

there is no uniform response to concussions. one might feel one thing, another quite another. I rarely felt the same symptoms,

i used to do back flips off the side of a pool and somewhat regularly hit my head on the side of the pool.

you might feel fine till you get nauseous and fall into a coma. or you might get sick and start vomiting right away, or in 16 hours; or you might not be able to talk, concentrate.

the possibilities are endless.

you may feel absolutely fine for hours and then start exhibiting symptoms.

and the only safe thing to do with a head injury is be aware of the possibility of a concussion. for the possibility of a concussion exists with any head injury. (imo...) especially if there is lacerations and swelling.

imo

Two of my children sustained concussions. One was knocked out cold. In both cases, they were seen in the emergency room, then sent home an hour or two later. They gave me a sheet with symptoms to watch out for (and to return to the emergency room if they occurred), instructions to wake them every 2-3 hours during the night, and instructions about what activities they could do and when.

IMO TM's supporters can't (or won't) grasp the fact that one or two more head slams would have put GZ in a coma or killed him.

The fact is, it did not happen. The "head slams" were not sufficient to put him in a coma and did not kill him. MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member