George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #12 Wed July 10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite true since it's been shown over and over that TM was pursued by GZ and Rachel Jeantel's testimony provides us with TM initially telling GZ to " Get off."

That's why they won't put GZ on the stand. His various reenactments, statements, tv interviews, ALL contradict each other in the most basic terms. IMO
This morning the Judge reminded GZ that he could testify to the jurors in court..and should be considering it and discussing it with his lawyers...his rigid stare indicated, to me, that he has been warned against doing so by his lawyers for fear of the outcome. IMO

IMO GZ's statements have been remarkably consistent. And (again) if GZ "pursued" an athletic teen, how did he catch him? The logical answer all along is that TM came back and started the confrontation.

Last night on CNN, Mark Geragos said it makes no difference because of the way the prosecution styled the case around GZ with malice hunting down TM. This is the main thrust of their case and if they can't prove that there cannot be a guilty verdict on a manslaughter charge.

As you have brought Mr. Geragos into the discussion, I'd just like to say, I find no credibility or merit in his incessant praise of the Defence in every case. He , as Defense attorney of Scott Peterson, assured the world that SP would be found " cold stone innocent" of killing his wife, Laci. We know how that turned out.

Life is changing along with neighborhoods. New people move in and things start happening. The most exciting thing i have seen around here was a bike stolen, it was thrown up on top of stop sign and the dumb kid took it. He got in trouble over it. lol Just thought i would share. IMO

I have a friend on FB who is following the case also. She is pro-prosecution. She just posted something about how great the prosecutor is doing. My first thought was, "Are you watching the same trial as me??"

And then it hit me. We are all watching the EXACT same thing and getting completely different opinions and perspectives on it.

Is it any wonder that 2, 4, 6, whatever witnesses can see something and all have a different account? We can't even watch trial coverage and get a consensus on what is going on.

Seriously, though. She must be watching a different trial. LOL! :)

IMO

I sooooo understand what you're saying. My older sister keeps posting comments about this trial on FB, and I've refused to enter into a conversation with her about this trial, because I can't help but wonder where she's getting her trial info. I suspect she's going off what the talking heads on HLN have said.

And before anyone goes onto an anti-gun rant about this, the gun was provided through an illegal straw purchase. It was already illegally obtained, and possessed by someone that could not legally possess it.

Thank you for adding that as I wasn't even thinking about the actual purchase of the gun only that a father would give a gun to his 15yr. old son (outside of possibly a BB gun, pellet gun or one used for hunting, I suppose) because he was having "problems with some individuals".

In no way was I referencing the right to carry a firearm and/or the legal or non-legal aspects of doing so.

Being prescribed adderall under the care of a physician is negative? I'm not seeing it. I don't think side effects of adderall include shooting people for no reason. TM was on an illegal street drug. Huge difference imo. Yes, adderall can be abused, certainly, but I have yet to see evidence that GZ was abusing his prescriptions. More grasping imo.

With all due respect, you are putting words in my mouth.

I never said "drug abuse", and I never said that shooting someone is a side effect. As far as "negative" goes, two charges of violence in GZ's past are pretty negative, IMO.

For the record, I have had a *lot* of personal experience with prescription psychiatric medications, and some experiences are negative, some are positive. It depends on the patient.

Again, IMO.

I get your meaning. You are right no proof of who is the aggressor. However I have always understood it that when using an affirmative defense (self defense) that the burden shifts to the defendant. We know he shot and killed TM now he has to prove he was justified. Like when someone says guilty by reason of insanity. We know they did the crime, so they have to prove they are insane.

Of course FL law may be different. My legal knowledge is from NC. But in that scenario I don't think GZ has proved self defense. I think he is guilty of manslaughter. IMO the case was overcharged, however I don't believe he should just walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are right, this case seems topsy-turvy because the burden of proof has shifted to the defense.

Defense had to prove "self-defense", ie. making the victim out to be the aggressor and prosecution has to prove that defense story is unreliable to bring it down. IMO.

Sorry. Not interested in an animation someone not involved in the case created. IMO, the state's supporters are trying to broadly interpret the actual testimony so that it fits their narrative. It is clear that RJ testified that TM had reached Brandy's condo at the far end of the street.

At one point, West suggested that though Martin told her he was by his father's fiancee's house while Zimmerman was following him, that she doesn't know that for sure.

"Why he need to lie about that, sir?" Jeantel asked West.

"Maybe if he decided to assault George Zimmerman, he didn't want you to know about it," West replied.

"That's real retarded, sir," she said. "That's real retarded to do that, sir."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...jeantel-george-zimmerman-trial_n_3509141.html

Maybe TM told RJ that he was near his home so she wouldn't worry as she obviously had been concerned enough about the situation to advise him to run.
IMO

OMG!!!!! Is Judge Nelson trying to force GZ to decide now whether or not he plans to testify????? Unreal, IMO!!!!

ETA: Apologies for the hyperbole. Typically, when I trial watch, I try to remain calm, but Judge Nelson's demeanor/demands have sent me over the edge here.

MOO

Everybody who is saying George needs to be charged with 2nd degree murder (not talking about people here) I guess would let someone break their nose and let them repeatedly slam their head against the concrete until it either led to death or serious injury.

JMO

This judge is out of line. He has the right to discuss it with the attorneys and also to not have to know when and if he is testifying as of yet.

The Lawyer is there to protect his client.

UGH.

I'm not a lawyer but I will ask, don't they teach you in law school not to p_ss off the judge?!?

WOW. Mr. West got a good spanking from Judge. Whew!
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members