Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking Objection Law & Legal Definition

Speaking objection is an objection that contains more information than needed by the judge to sustain or overrule it. It is often in the form of an argument. Many judges prohibit lawyers from using speaking objections, and sometimes even from stating the grounds for objections, as it can influence the jury.

An interruption of the opposing counsel with a speech rather than a simple, succinct objection stating a rule or point of evidence is also referred to as speaking objection.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/speaking-objection/

Stuns me that people believe the accused when he has told several inconsistent stories. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO There have been inconsistencies (some slight, some troubling) from both sides. This does not necessarily disparage the witnesses as it happens all of the time.

When there is a plane crash or sometimes a car crash - several *eye witnesses* see things differently.

I believe it will boil down to the forensics as the state has already admitted (under oath) that they cannot prove who started the physical part of the encounter. We haven't seen much of this yet.... but from what I've read the defense has expert witnesses on several key points. IMO

Hi all,

Gingerly stepping into this sensitive conversation to say how impressed I am with this witness.

The DT seems to have greatly underestimated her intelligence/ability, thought they could just mess with her, but the defense lawyer is the one acting obnoxious and getting flustered.

Hang in there Rachel. Justice for Trayvon.

IMO, she is young and immature, and so she is responding in the way she knows how to, which is to try to protect herself from revealing any lies she may have told before. Then you have the nickname, wanting to avoid the parents at first, giving her age as 16 instead of 18, etc. These are very understandable given her age. And now she is being questioned by someone who already knows the answers, and she has to, again IMO, try to keep everything straight, and he is intentionally trying to get her flustered, which is normal on cross examination. The judge realizes this, I think, and is trying to get the defense lawyer to ask more direct questions, but this is cross. No one is at fault here, it is what it is, IMO.

This judge seems a little bit biased.

I know this isn't a DP case, but what a difference from the JA judge. IMO, this judge seems biased for the prosecution. This defense attorney, however, seems unrattled by her decisions.

Is there a possibility that GZ will get the death penalty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry - I meant "spare his life" as in spare his freedom - he could be sentenced to life. (or that is my understanding) imo

Stop the comments about this Witness and the Attorney's appearance, their speech and so forth!

Ok so she lied to spare his mom's feelings and shaped testimony to get GZ arrested. She should be in jail for perjury my god this is unbelievable.

Things I have learned from all the trials I have watched through the years...

Never, Ever, be a witness. I would fold like a cheap suit, even when I was telling the truth.

I literally could not handle it! I have pretty severe anxiety and have a nervous stomach, pick my fingers when I'm nervous, and when I am right and I know it but someone doesn't see it... I get a little passionate. Hysterical, potty break taking, finger skin picking witnesses probably aren't credible! :floorlaugh:

Why would the victim's family member be present during a deposition?

Did anyone see AC360 last night? They played the video of GZ when he did the walk through of the event. He told the interviewer (detective?), that he yelled and yelled for help. Was this before the 911 tape containing the screams was released? If so, perhaps it is GZ yelling on that recording?

Why would the victim's family member be present during a deposition?

Because Crump wanted them to be there, IMO

There is a really good reason why he wanted them to be there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member