George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Angela Corey want to take this to trial? Didn't she bypass a Grand Jury?

IMO, She is the main reason this went to trial
There was never a requirement for it to go to grand jury. However, de la Rionda had scheduled it for a grand jury hearing, but Corey decided to go ahead and prosecute without the hearing.

My understanding was that de la Rionda wanted to make sure a jury of his peers thought there was actually probable cause to effect an arrest.

We do not know if Trayvon doubled back or said any racial slurs (except on the phone to his friend.)

Why should Trayvon have to speak to anyone? Tell anyone his name? Tell this wanna' be cop he had just moved into that community with his father.

Personally, I wouldn't talk with someone who was following me, especially since it was a dark and rainy night, and I didn't know the neighborhood that well.

Exactly!/ No neighborhood watch <mod snip> has any right to walk up to me and demand that I identify myself to him or her or explain why I am walking on a public thoroughfare. I don't give a darn how many burglaries you've had or how convinced you are that I fit a particular profile for a potential criminal. Call the police. If <modsnip> had done that here, we wouldn't be in here exercising ourselves in mortal combat with one another and dancing around TO's.

There's a chat room for discussing this trial with other WS members and non-WS members.

server: irc.serenity-irc.net
channel: #zimtrialchat

Prosecutor is trying to establish that TM did not severely break GZ's nose.

That's what they've got to work with?

Pathetic...

I think the Prosecutor is trying to prove that the injuries were not bad at all and would not equal, or come close to the deadly force Zimmerman used. JMO

I think you're probably right. The prosecution certainly doesn't seem to have a passion for proving Zimmerman guilty. If you recall, they had decided not to charge him and in fact only charged him (if I remember correctly) when it seemed their community was in danger of rioting if they didn't.

The prosecution has nothing to work with, really - evidence that would win their case just doesn't appear to exist.

Indeed I think it is a hostile pros which just wants to get back to their golf et al. thanks lots for your feedback.

I do think a goodly amount of evidence against GZ is there but just glossed over like he was beyond reproach...and left to waiver in obscurity in fear of convicting him out right. Over this last week I have tried to keep those tidbits of evidence alive on here....as have several others....they simply aren't popular issues. IMO

I find if very odd that GZ trains MMA style 3 times a week and a witness used this exact term in his statement.

Very good point. I had never heard of MMA before this trial--well, before that witness statement earlier. It's hard to believe that a 17 year old skinny boy could beat him within an inch of his life. I don't think there's any evidence that TM was a trained MMA practicioner.

It could be as simple as both of them were on top at different times.

exactly, no one ever said there wasn't a scuffle and prolly clipped gz nose - imo it was when gz tried to detain tm - but if tm thought he was being chased and the caught by a creepy guy - why can't he defend himself??? cuz tm was living there and had every right to be there

I got to catch a little of the trial this afternoon. I hope the EMT's testimony will dispel the thoughts some have had that GZ's nose was not swollen when he was treated at the scene.
She said both sides were swollen.

Also the PA said clinically she thinks his nose was broken.

As I attempted to convey as gently as possible, I think this trial is simply a sop to what some call the ' bleeding heart liberals.' I read about them every day in some context or another. Those who unreasonably want justice for those who They say don't deserve it.

Lots of legal eagles stated there was more than sufficient probable cause, as well as masses of laymen who concurred. Again, imv...from what I read daily all over the place. I simply don't think they ever wanted to charge this man with a crime of any sort and didn't sincerely seek evidence toward it. I am not sure how much influence his father has in his legal position...so don't wish to speculate....I asked about it earlier rather than surmise.

Reasons too numerous to relate. I simply smell a farce. Oh and you said " stuck de la Rhonda " which rather confirms my persuation. MOO

I'm a "bleeding heart liberal" and I think this trial is a farce. The state is trying to conjure a case bereft of evidence.

IMO, the problem is Florida laws. GZ did not break them. People should be focusing on stricter laws and not on this one case where the defendant was so clearly attacked and opted to defend himself. JMO, OMO, MOO.

Please give us an example of petty posting.

maybe he was planning on throwing the skittles at him

or it could be someone posting something so minuscule trying to prove someone wrong.

Basically anything that does not add to the real discussion

Maybe he was going to open the bag and they were going to taste the rainbow of fruit flavor together and go off hand in hand ... to the pot of gold. Wait.. Where was I? :drumroll:

Priceless!! Hope Don West doesn't steal your joke and flatten it to kingdom come !! :floorlaugh:

I freakin' hate Angela Corey She needs to be disbarred and in jail....... I just can't believe she would do something like this.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...charges-george-zimmerman-second-degree-murder

Corey called Martin, who was unarmed, a victim and said she had spoken and prayed with his parents.

Only reporters and invited guests attended a news conference at which Corey announced the charge. A few people stood outside the State Attorney's Office.
Among them were Aaron Brown, a Jacksonville lawyer who said he led a March rally for justice right outside the building where Corey works.

Brown said many were disappointed when Corey said she would not need a grand jury to help her decide on a charge, meaning first-degree murder wasn't an option.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...orey-trayvon-martin-case-not-going-grand-jury

Yet another prosecution witness turned! State's gonna have to do some magical rehabilitation.

This thread is closing in 5 minutes for the weekend.

Guys, we are getting real tired of the petty posting that is going on here.

This was why we closed the forum in the first place.

Starting Monday no more warnings. Time outs or out and out bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member