George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it depends.. If you are being punched in daylight with people around and it is one punch.. No..

But in the dark, All alone, Repeated being punched, scared that he is going to beat you to death? Yes.

Not being snarky but have you heard of a lot of cases where someone is beaten to death in a street fight? No weapons, one on one? With the police on the way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda off topic, but when the Defense opened with their little joke...

Knock knock!

Who's there?

George Zimmerman!

Did anyone else instantly get a chill at the thought of Zimmerman at their door?
Nope. I was thinking the jurors might have felt it was pretty close to right rather than being funny.

Wow states are different, it is next to impossible to get a concealed carry permit in NJ.

Just a question. Why is it not ok to shoot someone pounding your head into concrete?

Yes
And what about if the person does both? Punches you in the face then smashes your head into concrete? Then sees your gun and intends to grab it?

IMO GZ had no reason to think if TM did grab the gun he would do anything but continue his attack using GZ's gun against GZ

IMO

I already answered that question up thread. I don't believe that happened. Sorry, I just don't. IMO the injuries sustain do not point to that. GZ was amazing clear and awake when the police showed up on the scene.

IMO

But again.. this is personal belief and not LAW. That is what we are working for here.. Did he break the law or not?

OMO

That is according to GZ STORY. TM had no marks at all on his hands. I would expect some evidence of the punching and smothering that GZ claimed....... And being able to scream as GZ claim HE was doing while being smothered by TM without having his screams muffled was quite interesting and laughable if not for the tragic death of TM from this wanna be cop.
FYI - bruising can't develop after someone dies.

I already answered that question up thread. I don't believe that happened. Sorry, I just don't. IMO the injuries sustain do not point to that. GZ was amazing clear and awake when the police showed up on the scene.

IMO

IMO GZ wouldn't have been clear and awake if TM had suceeded in killing him, which is what I believe TM was trying to do. The photos of GZ's injuries IMO DO "point to that."

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why a high school football player couldn't have run away from GZ and reached the apartment.

Gun permit holder #2
I asked this person about announcing your weapon.
His reply was totally different from permit holder #1.
He said you never tell anyone you have a gun.
One should never announce he/she is carrying a gun.

IMO if TM had really tried to "get away" by running he would have reached safely the apartment he started from. As I have previously asked, why couldn't a high school football player easily outrun GZ?

That is correct.

1. Rachel Jentel said Trayovn got to just outside his parents Townhouse.

2. Witness Selene S. said she heard 'running left to right', see lives on the same side as Trayvon's dad's fiance's townhouse----which means it had to be Trayvon running from the fiance's townhouse back to the "T-Intersection" near where the confrontation occurred.

3. Zimmerman was getting out of his car and walking up the T-intersection.

So Trayvon had to going back toward the T-section where the confrontation occurred.

Earlier on the 911 tape, Trayvon walked up to the car if we are to believe GZ, but that makes sense, because Trayvon was a HS football player who played wide receiver and once ran a very fast 100-yard dash (less than 10-seconds and he could have easily made it home) and was strong enough to once pull and carry his dad out of a building. Evidence excluded from trial was that Trayvon once bragged about getting the upper hand in a fight by breaking someone's nose. He was not new to fighting or afraid, and in fact, headed back to the confrontation area if we combine Rachels testimony (he was already home) and Selene's testimony (someone was running left to right toward the T-intersection).

Based on evidence and forensics, GZ may have been following and trying to ascertain if Martin 'was from around here', but Trayvon looks like he was looking for a fight.

IMO I don't think so because they are speaking specifically about that night, during which GZ had no way to know about TM's past.

IIRC BDLR's question was not limited to what GZ's knowledge. It was a general question to refute the slimjim "there is no evidence..." not "as far as GZ knew there was no evidence..."

I am truly annoyed with all this tommy rot about it being suspicious to walk in the rain in Florida. Have those people even been there very long? Some of my in laws live there and it rains almost daily and it's perfectly normal to get caught in the rain when going to and from, anywhere.IMO

Mountains out of mole hills. IMO Anything to convict the victim!!!!! IMO

Why are they bringing in this non-credible second hand palaver aka hearsay?
IMO

IMO if TM had really tried to "get away" by running he would have reached safely the apartment he started from. As I have previously asked, why couldn't a high school football player easily outrun GZ?

I think you're right and as I recall RJ said that TM told her he wasn't going to run because he had reached the back yard of his father's fiancee's house. She said that TM said that the person following him was back. She said she heard TM ask him why he was following TM. She said she heard another person, presumable GZ, ask him what he was doing there. IMO RJ is as truthful as any other witness and much more important than those who admit it was very, very dark and they couldn't see well, and then proceed to describe the incident in infinite detail. IMO

By its nature, the Neighborhood Watch program involves the consent and cooperation of the residents who participate. In this case, this neighborhood seemed to be very cohesive in their support of a NWP given the crime they'd been subjected to. To suggest that GZ was out of line by looking out for his neighbors, IMO, is ridiculous.

I'm not trying to be disputacious, but could you give me a site where the cohesiveness of the neighborhood is described? Thank you.

Please Add, "In My Opinion" or "IMO" to all of your posts that are not based on hard core facts.

This message will get bigger and more obnoxious if people continue to forget to add "In My Opinion.

Thank you,
Tricia

Not being snarky but have you heard of a lot of cases where someone is beaten to death in a street fight? No weapons, one on one? With the police on the way?

I am not sure what you mean? I think in this case he knows police are on the way so he is being as appropriate knowing they could be there in a moment. I don't think when you know the police are arriving you act crazy and irrationally. I don't think he had any intention at all of shooting TM. I just don't see proof of that. His injuries show me he was attacked and then was allowed by law to use deadly force to protect his person.

OMO.

As for the hypothetical, I am sure people have been beaten to death in street fights, I would hope someone would call the police.. I don't know how else to answer that.. :)
OMO

I am truly annoyed with all this tommy rot about it being suspicious to walk in the rain in Florida. Have those people even been there very long? Some of my in laws live there and it rains almost daily and it's perfectly normal to get caught in the rain when going to and from, anywhere.IMO

Mountains out of mole hills. IMO Anything to convict the victim!!!!! IMO

Why are they bringing in this non-credible second hand palaver aka hearsay?
IMO

What's the point of a neighborhood watch if they don't report? I see GZ as the victim in this case, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member