George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly for GZ, there is no evidence that this happened, and plenty of evidence that he is not to be trusted.

Big examples: He has never explained WHY he was convinced TM was on drugs, he has never explained what he meant when he said there was something definately wrong with TM, he claimed Martin returned to the street from the T and circled his vehicle in a threatening manner, he claimed he was struck in the face twenty-five plus times, he claimed that Martin attacked and knocked him to the ground at the T -- something the physical evidence disputes.

I could go on, but there is no need.

A young man is dead. He was killed by George Zimmerman. George is claiming that he had no choice but to kill, and that his poor choices leading up to the conflict have no bearing on what occurred. Since no one witnessed what happened the jury will need to decide whether or not they believe Zimmerman.

If they do, they will do so despite the holes and flaws in Zimmerman's story. Either way, a young man will still be dead. His only objectively demonstrable "crime" was walking around while talking to a friend on the phone, and fitting a racial profile that GZ found suspicious. IMO

Howdy everyone,
Just stop in to see how the thread was going. Interesting trial. I agree with you Chris Texas. I have alot of problem with GZ's story. I knew a bit about this "event" but not much else. So I was a blank slate watching the evidence.

I did not believe the majority of his story because his story gets bigger as I watch it. I think GZ has had enough "college classes" to learn what to say and possibly not to say.

I don't believe TM continually slammed his head on the pavement because he would have had a lot more damage to the back of his head other than a tiny tiny surface cut. Geeeeeeeez..

I don't believe TM punched him in the face either. Why? because their would be knuckle swelling, even after death. Martin's abrasions on two knuckles could have occurred by scrapping his knuckles on the concrete too. For a fist to hit a face full of bone, the hand shows a lot more damage too. My hypothesis GZ fell on the concrete all by himself.

The nose swelling went down awfully fast even with icing. So I am really suspect about a broken nose. My hypothesis is when he got out from underneath TM and shot him up close the gun kicked back into GZ's face especially with the small scratches on the one side and tip of his nose. Of course, he isn't going to admit that one if it happen. Sound more self-defense if TM walloped him!

Lastly, the fact GZ put more bullets in the clip and re chambered the gun after he shot TM, ihmo, shows a level of guilt covering up evidence.

I know everyone is passionately opinionated.. this is my unpassionate opinion and thoughts.

Thanks for listening. Now off to the dr for thyroid biopsy. Oh fun. NOT!!!

Later folks!!

Lets keep our heads!!

Remember to post it is MOO, JMO, Or IMO...

And remember that you don't have to reply to every post.. Sometimes it is just better to move on!

WE can do it!! Let's make the mods jobs easier!!

Thanks guys! I am loving going through the Trial with y'all!!!

OMO

IMO...JMO...MOO....this is a self defense case and GZ should be acquitted.

Sorry - can someone bring me up to speed on "skype bombing?"

I've never used Skype, so I can't answer your question.

Judge Debra Nelson, on the other hand, should have educated herself on it before allowing testimony by Skype, IMO.

The jury's time & the Court's time was completely wasted while that whole Skype bomb went on. As far as I'm concerned, it made the judge and the prosecution look like idiots. MOO

I think that would work with Manslaughter.. Not Murder 2. they have to prove the elements of Murder 2.

I agree that if it was a charge of only Manslaughter, that is something the Jury could do just believing stories.. But to go for Murder2, they have to prove to the jury that GZ was willful in his act.. that he went out there looking for TM and HATED him. Wanted him dead..

That is different than negligence that lead to a death like Manslaughter.

They have not proved Murder2 to me yet.

OMO

Reasonable. We all weight things differently.

None of my 4 children were expelled 3 times either...not even for being tardy too often like TM was.IMOL

His past has nothing to do with his murder..ALL juvenile records are sealed but it has been established that he had no police record whatsoever and there is more good in his background than negative. His social networking accounts were broken into to try and help GZ walk...isn't going to work when officers like Chris Serino testify that GZ's NEN calls that night was " spiteful" and he was " profiling" TM as well as " exaggerating " his minor wounds. IMO

Digsby,
There was no murder.

Lets keep our heads!!

Remember to post it is MOO, JMO, Or IMO...

And remember that you don't have to reply to every post.. Sometimes it is just better to move on!

WE can do it!! Let's make the mods jobs easier!!

Thanks guys! I am loving going through the Trial with y'all!!!

OMO

I agree :) We all have our versions of what happened but it's interesting to discuss, plus, I HAVE NO LIFE AT THE MOMENT! :floorlaugh:

Just tuning in...

Bill S. is saying the defense may have opened the door to GZ's past behavior.

None of my 4 children were expelled 3 times either...not even for being tardy too often like TM was.IMOL

His past has nothing to do with his murder..ALL juvenile records are sealed but it has been established that he had no police record whatsoever and there is more good in his background than negative. His social networking accounts were broken into to try and help GZ walk...isn't going to work when officers like Chris Serino testify that GZ's NEN calls that night was " spiteful" and he was " profiling" TM as well as " exaggerating " his minor wounds. IMO

I've never heard nor read the BBM part before. Could you kindly point me in the proper direction to better inform myself? Thanks!

Please stop profiling "undertakers" (actually, funeral directors). My husband's family has been in the business 100+ years and I can assure you, none of them looks like MOM. In fact, one of my brothers in law is out and out gorgeous (even better looking an our Kevin Costner sound alike prosecutor). :rockon:

In all due respect, a single opinion from another person I don't think constitutes the accusation of "profiling " IMO Because she is speaking of the impression that MOM exudes In Her Mind, which is not negative toward the undertaking profession .IMOThere is nothing wrong with her impression, it's not deroggatory...simply honest. IMO

I find him inordinately stern and accusatory toward those who aren't onboard for GZ. The Judge has given the Defense more lee way in this case than any other of the dozens I have followed..and they sure take advantage of it..IMO///The other poster doesn't need my defense so I am just giving another view point with the objective of looking at both sides of the matter. IMO

Thank you
BTW, in the Midsommer Murders, one of the undertakers is nothing short of beautiful. :seeya:

Bumped up.

Pretty much agree with your whole post. And let me say one more thing....there have been several times I have called LE on "white" suspicious teens. And there are two (white) teens that live close to me that were charged with breaking into a church. Suspicion can be color blind. I wish we had a Neighborhood Watch in my current community. But after this case, I am sure less people will want to get involved.

This. We'll all be stuck "staying in our cars" and homes and hoping that LE gets there in time. Sometimes I wonder if that's not the goal. jmo

In all due respect, a single opinion from another person I don't think constitutes the accusation of "profiling " IMO Because she is speaking of the impression that MOM exudes In Her Mind, which is not negative toward the undertaking profession .IMOThere is nothing wrong with her impression, it's not deroggatory...simply honest. IMO

I find him inordinately stern and accusatory toward those who aren't onboard for GZ. The Judge has given the Defense more lee way in this case than any other of the dozens I have followed..and they sure take advantage of it..IMO///The other poster doesn't need my defense so I am just giving another view point with the objective of looking at both sides of the matter. IMO

Thank you
BTW, in the Midsommer Murders, one of the undertakers is nothing short of beautiful. :seeya:

I was actually joking, it's hard to make a funny when you're typing. Next time I'll add :floorlaugh:

I've never heard nor read the BBM part before. Could you kindly point me in the proper direction to better inform myself? Thanks!

It's an exercise in futility, I think. There's no doubt that fake accounts were created, imo. But the real ones are still there, too, and they show what they show. Similar to the verified cell phone records/pics which show guns and drugs, among other things.

jmo

I think we need to stick to what we know happened to get to the heart of it..

Saying " I don't think TM would have.. " Somehow implies intimate knowledge of him as a person and his choices.. Complete speculation.

WE know he was out there that night. Rachel said TM said.. " I SEE HIM" Which means he could have just as easily been hiding around and looking for George" if you put weight into her testimony.

OMO

Yes, and I do put weight to her testimony. IMO the most relevant and important part of her testimony is that TM told her that he had arrived in back of the condo where he was staying. TM told RJ, according to her sworn testimony, that the person following him was back. Then RJ heard TM ask "Why are you following me?" to someone whom he indicated had been following him, presumably RZ. Then she heard someone, again presumably RZ since we know of no one else in the area, say "What are you doing here?"
IMO that leaves little doubt that RZ followed him to TM's father's finacee's condo and the confrontation started there and moved to the area where TM met his death. IMO RZ forced TM to accompany him, perhaps at gunpoint and perhaps intending to take him to his vehicle, but TM resisted after they had gone part way, and TM was killed for doing so. All, of course, IMO. IMO the only person who has anything to gain by not telling the truth is RZ.

Attention Please!

This is a trial to determine if the incident that took TM's life was 'murder,' or 'self-defense.' Accordingly, please do not type that it 'was' or 'is' murder, but 'alleged murder.' Just like we aren't allowed to refer to someone as a 'murderer' while they're on trial, AFTER the trial, they COULD be labeled as such. kwim?

Please remember to attack the post and not the poster and do not talk about your fellow posters while responding to another poster.

Thanks,
fran

TY Fran.

Until a verdict has been delivered, GZ should not be referred to as a "murderer".

I'm interested in hearing all the testimony & evidence before I come to a conclusion. Regardless of my opinion, the only determination that matters (legally) is what the jury decides.

and scheduling bickering happening
Judge is schooling West a bit
Judge indicates that the state wants to rest today and defense starts Friday
West asking for a little more time due to admissibility of evidence.
Judge doesn't want a back and forth discussion

Defense asking for more time to depose Crump. Judge is saying, you have had a month, lets move it along. (not exact words). I like how this judge really cares about the jurors being sequestered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme