George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that this judge has decided to throw the case, so the prosecution can get a re-do?
It is becoming more and more obvious to me by the second.
I have never seen any judge act like this. Clear bias towards the prosecution.
IMHO

I wonder if Mark Geregos will be on tonight repeating his theory that the prosecution is deliberately throwing the case!

The prosecution appears to be "throwing the case" because they didn't have a case to begin with.

He just said it wasn't a contact wound. Didn't the States' other medical expert say it was a contact wound? MOO

Dr. Bao seems to remember much more about other cases (which he didn't perform autopsies) than he remembers about this case (which he did perform the autopsy).

Apologies for the poor sentence structure in this post.

I think that is understandable because we tend to remember things which are rarely done. I get the impression this ME is too busy doing hundreds of autopsies as efficiently as possible. He doesn't have time to participate as an observer in other ME's autopsies. So this one case done 3 weeks ago which was similar to TM stood out to him. Also the fact that he's been called as an expert witness to in the TM case likely made him more prone towards following other analogous cases.

I wonder if Mark Geregos will be on tonight repeating his theory that the prosecution is deliberately throwing the case!

I've seen someone say this before. Can you tell me why the PROS would possibly want to throw the case?

I can't imagine the jury can take anything the ME says seriously at this point.

The defense still has to argue their motion for acquittal once the state rests, right?

JMO.

Does anyone else think that this judge has decided to throw the case, so the prosecution can get a re-do?
It is becoming more and more obvious to me by the second.
I have never seen any judge act like this. Clear bias towards the prosecution.
IMHO

Yeah right, and if the appeals court takes a look and decides there was prosecutorial and judicial misconduct they could simply rule a mistrial with jeopardy and case is over.

In the very unlikely event that George Zimmerman is convicted, this Judge's conduct is essentially a guarantee of a successful appeal. IMO.

The judge's decision in not allowing the toxicology report is odd and IMHO a huge error. I would think that anything in Trayvon's system that evening is very relevant and it's part of the autopsy as well.

I've seen someone say this before. Can you tell me why the PROS would possibly want to throw the case?

I said it the other day. I don't know why they would want to throw the case, that was his opinion, not mine.

In my opinion, point four inches (.4) is quite close - I'm surprised that could be considered intermediate.

sorry for a dumb question but what does "throwing the case" mean?

I can't imagine the jury can take anything the ME says seriously at this point.

The defense still has to argue their motion for acquittal once the state rests, right?

JMO.

WHile I certainly feel based on the "NON evidence" presented by he Pros. he should/will be acquitted. I do not believe the judge will throw it out. I believe she will go ahead with the defense and let it go to the jury.

"Somewhere between .4" and 4'. This guys is totally out there.

This ME is confusing "research" and "information" with experimentation with human subjects.

Surely, you can RESEARCH how long someone can move after being shot in the heart, by reviewing past cases. You don't have to experiment on humans to find this out.

IMHO

Agree. I think Dr. Bao was instructed specifically to skew his answers to help the prosecution. He either wrote the script himself or had some help from the State and was instructed to repeat the same phrases over and over, such as "Only one person knows what happened to Trayvon" and such and such are "opinions rather than facts", etc. He actually started testifying that "No one has a right to kill..." (suggestive of his negative bias against Zimmerman that he thinks Zimmerman's self-defense is bogus). Rightfully, he was cut off by both the Defense and the Court.

I was at the shore over July 4th. I watched people walking on the various blocks of houses with this trial in mind. I saw people on their phones meandering, stopping, starting, texting, talking. They were on sidewalks in close proximity to homes. I tried to objectively ascertain whether their behavior would "appear suspicious" to a neighborhood watch person. Truth be told, I did not. Their actions seemed unobtrusive and just "normal". Whether or not they belonged on the street never entered my mind. JMV

Memorable quote "A dead man can't stand".

See how much we are learning by watching these trials? Here we learn a dead man can't stand and in the Jodi Arias trial we learned you can't ask questions of a dead man because, well…HE'S DEAD! :drumroll:

Thought TM's dad is the one who allegedly said it wasn't him. His mother may have a different opinion. IMO why don't you believe GZ who himself said it didn't sound like him. Why does TM's mother have to be a liar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Because you would not want the man who you feel unjustly killed your child prosecuted? You would just accept the killers word for it? I think TM's family has every right to seek justice for their child. Nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that the public had to get involved in order for that to happen. Smh.

That was my impression, too :) GZ didn't want to have that judge any longer because he felt the judge wouldn't give him a fair trial. If I'm reading the transcript correctly, it would sound like GZ and Shelly were wanting to flee. I could be misreading that of course because I do now they were being threatened, but still, sorry, I don't trust someone who starts a FUND for money to help them in a case like this. We all have a right to ask for money and people have a right to give, but really? For GZ defense? lol...

Also as I recall GZ had two passports. One was valid and one had expired. He turned in the expired one, as he was required to turn in his passport, but told his wife to put the valid one in, as I recall, a safe-deposit box. I may not have all of this exactly right, but it did concern his keeping the valid passport, IMO.

Now suddenly when Prosecution is asking questions he DOES remember the autopsy.....I trust the jury notices this! (imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor