George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread 9 (For Friday)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People keep saying this but I thought the lead investigator wanted to charge GZ, but was overruled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me as well....I don't think the DA wanted the backlash of trying a white looking guy for killing a black male...I see the backlash every day. But they also didn't like the reaction they got for allowing GZ to get away without so much as a charge. Can't please all the people all the time and all of that. IMO

Yes, and he was also walking around on other people's property and getting right up close to other people's units. The thought is, he wanted to get out of the rain but didn't want to go home.

It does make sense that way, he was trying to use other people's porches but if I were witnessing that, it would catch my eye and I'd find it very suspicious. I think I'd sit and watch if I could.

IMHO.

Do you have a link for any of this? Close to units using people's porches?

I'm watching WESH and they're talking about "notegate". Wouldn't it have been funny if the notes were written in Chinese!

I wonder if you followed the Christian/Newsome murder trial in Tennessee? The ME there was absolutely spectacular - I use her as the yardstick to measure other ME's - and this one falls way, way short. IMHO

I've only read about Christian/Newsome murders...so brutal...

I don't have a link, but my recollection is no one wanted to charge him. That was why he wasn't, in fact, charged with a crime.

Then there erupted a huge media outcry and huge public response, and after awhile the lead agreed that the evidence would support manslaughter.

Then, the lead wrote in a note that he could back a manslaughter charge.

IMHO

The Lead investigator was said to "not believe GZ accounting of the events" and he should be charged, it was the DA that said they lacked evidence to prosecute. Apparently additional evidence has been gathered to prosecute IMO

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...to-arrest-zimmerman-for-shooting-unarmed-teen

Also on pg 13 of the autopsy his reported to the ME and it states GZ "confronted the male and a physical fight took place. The resident shot the male and he fell to the ground"

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/05/17/trayvon.martin.autopsy.pdf?hpt=hp_t2

You mean besides the fact that it's trespassing?

IMO

If there isn't a "No Trespassing" sign, and complaints from the homeowner, you would be very hard pressed to find a police officer to write that ticket.

I think Det. Serino even stated that just the fact of TM walking in a yard would NOT be suspicious to him and if he was on patrol he wouldn't have stopped him, etc.

The only person that thought this was suspicious was the person looking to provide details that would back up a story of self defense if this "****ing punk" were to try and get away from him that night and he used his gun (that was fully loaded with one in the chamber)

I pretty much think Zimmerman's life is ruined. He will be on the run for the rest of us life. Even if he is found innocent. So there's that.

And ditto for his family.

That's awful. You can't even compare this to Casey Anthony. She and her whole family are sick!

GZ acted in self defense, IMO. And his family? They haven't done anything wrong!

People keep saying this but I thought the lead investigator wanted to charge GZ, but was overruled?

Yes, he was overruled if he indeed wanted to charge GZ. By the way, when he testified the defense asked him on cross whether he (Sorino) thought Zimmerman was telling the truth. He answered: "Yes."

How many times have you seen the lead investigator testify that the suspect was telling the truth?

Do you have a link for any of this? Close to units using people's porches?

Here. He "sought shelter in the buildings" to get out of the rain. And yet, he wasn't going home, he was wanting to be out there in the rain.

I completely get his motivation, BTW. But to an onlooker, that would look highly suspicious. A young man (or any man, whatever, or woman in fact) wandering around the complex slowly in the rain, coming up near the buildings and then wandering away back from them. Suspicious appearing.

IMHO

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083

IIRC (and I may be wrong since I haven't followed every single fact) but I believe that TM was purported to be on the lawn of GZ's neighbor whose home was robbed or attempted to rob or something along those lines only two weeks before. GZ saw him on someones lawn he knew very well and I think that prompted the suspicious according to GZ. The reason for TM doing that may not have been nefarious whatsoever but since this was the lawn of his neighbor who just recently had a problem, GZ thought it was strange. (IMO and someone else may know more than I do)

Yes. IIRC, the lawn you speak of belonged to Frank Taffe. It is also the lawn adjacent to the cut through that led to the 7-11 and that was used by many people. The complex has since put up a fence closing off the cut through.

The ME's notes were his potential answers to the attorney's potential questions. That's a no-no. Lots of legal issues involved in that maneuver.

It may have compromised the ME's testimony, according to Bill S., WFTV. Possible scripting his testimony. Ouch. Not good.

Here. He "sought shelter in the buildings" to get out of the rain. And yet, he wasn't going home, he was wanting to be out there in the rain.

I completely get his motivation, BTW. But to an onlooker, that would look highly suspicious. A young man (or any man, whatever, or woman in fact) wandering around the complex slowly in the rain, coming up near the buildings and then wandering away back from them. Suspicious appearing.

IMHO

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...appened-the-night-trayvon-martin-died/1223083

IMO - This "source" is the opinion of the author of this article and does not provide any facts that back up your claim.

That's awful. You can't even compare this to Casey Anthony. She and her whole family are sick!

GZ acted in self defense, IMO. And his family? They haven't done anything wrong!

The families on both sides are often so maligned and blamed in deaths like this (that go on trial).

Why oh why isn't his family taking that Taaffe off the front lines? His tweets are TERRIBLE! Flaming the fumes of <mod snip> claims. All I know is he has definitely altered my opinion of the Zimmerman's being out there speaking for them while tweeting as he does. It's really terrible.

IMHO

Especially when you've never seen them before and there have been a number of break-ins of, including at least one when a mother was in the home with her infant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim