George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
Prosecution done with opening. Defense next. But requests recess to set up demonstrative aids.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Guy concludes opening saying: "#Zimmerman didn't shoot #TrayvonMartin because he had to...but because he wanted to."

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Guy repeats theme that #Zimmerman "profiled" Martin and that #Zimmerman saw him as not a young man walking home, but a threat.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
Says that #Zimmerman was neighborhood watch coordinator and knew do's and don'ts of it.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 5m
Guy says jurors will hear 911 call with screams and fatal shot. Also that #Zimmerman wanted to be a police officer.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 6m
Guy says that doctor that examined #Zimmerman found the largest cut to be 2 centimeters and didn't require stitches.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 8m
Guy says that #TrayvonMartin never told #Zimmerman "You're gonna die tonight" as #Zimmerman has claimed.

ACK, I wasn't going to get involved with this trial, but here I am, live streaming it on my iPhone.

I didn't follow along on the threads here that were shut down, so, I don't know how ya'll feel about the case. I feel that GZ would not have shot T if he hadn't felt threatened. GZ just doesn't seem the type to kill someone for fun.....but, I'm going to listen to the evidence and pretend I'm a juror.

Speaking of jurors, I found it very interesting that they chose all women. Not sure if this has been posted or not, but here is a link on HLN that describes them and the alternates.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/20/who-are-jurors-george-zimmerman

The HLN "experts" are not exactly objective in their commentary.

I'm confused about the jury. Six women? Why only six? And I'm shocked that it's all women. How did both sides agree to that one??

LOL I'm so used to the great seal of Arizona...now we get the great seal of Florida.

That was a powerful opening statement for the state, IMO. Wonder what the defense id gonna do with the AV equipment they are setting up?

I have not commented on this case anywhere. I think a lot of people have made conclusions based on gut reactions and as a result of misinformation and media fervor on both sides.

I am looking forward to hearing the evidence in the case before jumping to any conclusions. I pray that all are able to respect the ruling of the jury, whatever that may be.

My sympathies go to the Martin family and prosecution side but if I am honest, this case is going to be one of interpretation on both sides and there will be honest reasons for either side. The one thing we won't be able to know is what was in Zimmermans heart and soul at the time. We can guess, extrapolate and make arguments for our belief but we can't know. IMO that is at the heart of this case and I will respect both sides views as i can as easily see one as the other, it just depends on what weight i put on to each sides veracity and i don't believe the pros or defense are going to cut any slack for each other. It will be black or white so to speak. Either can make an effective case. I hate trials which get down to who is the better attorney but methinks this might come down to it.

I'm on my phone and I just tried posting but it didn't work. Trying again so sorry if it repeats.

I'm confused about the jury. Why are there only six? And all women? Im shocked that both sides would be ok with that.

Thanks for unlocking this for us :)

I'm confused about the jury. Six women? Why only six? And I'm shocked that it's all women. How did both sides agree to that one??

I dunno, surprised me, too. There are 4 alts....2 of them are men.

I also can't believe that they only picked a total of 10. We lost, what, 4 jurors over the course of the JA trial? I'm not sure how long they predict this trial to last. Anyone know?

I didn't pay any attention to jury selection but I do know the law in FL is 6 jurors can be used with the exception of capital cases. And they can't strike a juror based on sex-that would be prejudicial.

This is going to be an interesting trial. I've been interested in this case since day one.

HEY HO!!

From what I heard, because it's not a felony charge, the jury is only 6 in Florida. I don't know if they could have had 12 if wanted, but only 6 is required - or if 6 is all it EVER is, in any trial that is not felony murder?

They may have asked for only the 6 due to finding 12 qualified people in this particular case would have been much more difficult? Don't know...speculating a lot obviously. LOL!!

But I did read that it was because it wasn't felony murder that only 6 were required. Hopefully someone can clarify that?

I'm on my phone and I just tried posting but it didn't work. Trying again so sorry if it repeats.

I'm confused about the jury. Why are there only six? And all women? Im shocked that both sides would be ok with that.

They are having trouble with the thread, its going into moderation before posting which they didn't plan, its a glitch. Your post showed up lol as did mine.

HEY HO!!

From what I heard, because it's not a felony charge, the jury is only 6 in Florida. I don't know if they could have had 12 if wanted, but only 6 is required - or if 6 is all it EVER is, in any trial that is not felony murder?

They may have asked for only the 6 due to finding 12 qualified people in this particular case would have been much more difficult? Don't know...speculating a lot obviously. LOL!!

But I did read that it was because it wasn't felony murder that only 6 were required. Hopefully someone can clarify that?

Yes -- only 6 are needed because it's not a capital case.

They are having trouble with the thread, its going into moderation before posting which they didn't plan, its a glitch. Your post showed up lol as did mine.

Thanks everyone for understanding.. I am trying to approve posts as quickly as I can.. If I miss one I will go back and correct..TIA

I dunno, surprised me, too. There are 4 alts....2 of them are men.

I also can't believe that they only picked a total of 10. We lost, what, 4 jurors over the course of the JA trial? I'm not sure how long they predict this trial to last. Anyone know?

I've heard 3-4 weeks a couple of times. Judge Nelson seems to run a far tighter ship than JSS has.

Opening statement from the State was very strong. Heartbreaking to see Tracy Martin crying... :(

My sympathies go to the Martin family and prosecution side but if I am honest, this case is going to be one of interpretation on both sides and there will be honest reasons for either side. The one thing we won't be able to know is what was in Zimmermans heart and soul at the time. We can guess, extrapolate and make arguments for our belief but we can't know. IMO that is at the heart of this case and I will respect both sides views as i can as easily see one as the other, it just depends on what weight i put on to each sides veracity and i don't believe the pros or defense are going to cut any slack for each other. It will be black or white so to speak. Either can make an effective case. I hate trials which get down to who is the better attorney but methinks this might come down to it.

I hope we are allowed to RESPECTFULLY disagree in this thread.

So here goes with mine. LOL!!

I think we in fact DO know what was in George's heart. Based on what he said in his 911 call. And past experiences with him as "Neighborhood Watch".

But again, that's just my opinion. I am really waiting to hear both sides and ALL of the evidence. Not just what George's people have put out there as to what actually happened. Because for the most part, that's kind of all we have heard.

I have already heard different evidence presented by Guy than what I had in my head about how Trayvon's body was found. I have read his arms were straight out - like Guy stated - and now hearing that was false.

Now, of course the prosecutor can say anything he wants...he has to have physical evidence to back that up. Photos, etc. I will need to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela