George's Possible "Suicide" Letter

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Magic Cat, if the police were called by your attorney because you left a suicide text message and he was worried about you, does that then mean that it's the taxpayers' right to know and read your notes?

Since the FACTUAL contents of this note have not been released (and hopefully won't) there's nothing to do but speculate on this topic. Unless he stated something incriminating regarding Caylee's death or knowledge about the crime itself, IMO the note should remain private.

And speculating is never done on Websleuths? The note exists and some details were reported, though their veracity is suspect since they can't even get the number of pages consistent.

Why can't posters allow others to discuss it? Or just stay off the thread. If no one wants to discuss the details, then the thread will die its own death.

Since the FACTUAL contents of this note have not been released (and hopefully won't) there's nothing to do but speculate on this topic. Unless he stated something incriminating regarding Caylee's death or knowledge about the crime itself, IMO the note should remain private.

And speculating is never done on Websleuths? The note exists and some details were reported, though their veracity is suspect since they can't even get the number of pages consistent.

Why can't posters allow others to discuss it? Or just stay off the thread. If no one wants to discuss the details, then the thread will die its own death.

So speculating is never done on Websleuths? Come on.

Why can't posters be allowed to discuss a topic without others clogging up a thread insisting they should NOT discuss it? If posters think it should not be discussed why not just avoid the thread and hasten its demise.

If no one wants to discuss/speculate on the reported details of this note, current and future reports, then the thread will die its own death. To keep harping on how no one should read the note is useless and self-serving.

Exactly...and most of this situation built up and got out of control by the players...George, Lee and Cindy.

Stepping away and telling the truth, not hedging around it trying to appease everyone...would have done more for George's heart and state of mind than allowing himself to be beat down further.

All the compassion in the world will not give George back his dignity, he has to reclaim it. He has it in him to do it...I really think LE thinks he will do it FULLY...and hopefully soon.

If I see George driving drunk down the street on bad tires, swerving and running lights...am I bad for pointing that out? Should I show compassion and give him privacy? Or wait til he wrecks...then coddle him? No...thats how this family got there..by ignoring the truth until a little baby was dead.

Marla, I agree with you...and this suicide attempt/cry for help does not change anything...and I for one will not be caught up in being so politically correct-touchy feely that I become an enabler.

Somtimes the truth is not pretty, it can hurt...but it is the only thing that can give George back his life.

He is doing himself and his family no favors by letting this continue. He is NOT protecting them or helping Casey or protecting his grieving wife..if she is so mentally unhinged that she cannot accept any of this, than she needs serious mental help.

I doubt that she is...Cindy has shown herself to be ready and willing to fight and manipulate.

That note was written for outside consumption...not his family...

:clap: Fantastic!

:blowkiss:

The thread is about the note, not the ethics of reading it, not whether he really wanted to die and not about stomach pumping.

There are scant details about the note and there may never be any further details. Until then, can this thread be salvaged and redirected back to the details that we do have? If you are not interested in those details and object to them being revealed, that is respected as a difference of opinion.

Just leave this thread to those who are interested in the details of the note. Or else just let it die since it is mired down in arguments that will never be resolved.

It was mentioned that George referenced some of Casey's friends in that letter and I am wondering if that is why Baez now seems to be hot on the trail of Ricardo M.
Maybe this was a way to line up a fall guy.

It puzzles me that as unseemly as it would seem to most people, that his own attorney would speak of it quite publicly. While BC did what he could initially to keep it off the 911 tapes by calling Sgt. Allen personally, he then made the decision to speak to the media about it. As "unseemly" as suicide attempts being made public seems to be, surely it should start with privacy from the man's own attorney.

Yes! One would think, anyway7. :)

*resp. snipped.
in truth, i'm afraid of that.
I'm afraid of that happening too.:( I believe that George's mental state is very fragile, and I can understand that. He's supposed to be released from the hospital in the morning which really seems to soon to me.

(Snipped for space)

He chose a very dramatic, guaranteed to make the headlines to call attention to himself way of going about it. No one here reading WS put George into the spotlight in this way. George Anthony did that.

If anyone wonders why Cindy may have been angry with George over this, he ALSO didn't show for a job interview the morning he decided to take off for Daytona Beach.

Do we know when/where George bought the beer? T.I.A.

That's a good question. He could have downed the beers in a few minutes time or took the pack from home and never drank a drop that night.

I haven't heard anything about when or where the beer came from.

It was mentioned that George referenced some of Casey's friends in that letter and I am wondering if that is why Baez now seems to be hot on the trail of Ricardo M.
Maybe this was a way to line up a fall guy.

I don't think Baez is coordinating anything with any of the Anthonys except Casey. It is an interesting coincidence though that Baez files that request at the same time the George drama is taking place. One article I read says Baez stated that his meeting with Casey in jail wouldn't involve much discussion about George's problems, that he had to stay focused on Casey. I need to find that link. You want to call someone cold, that was cold but I imagine it sat just fine with Casey.

It puzzles me that as unseemly as it would seem to most people, that his own attorney would speak of it quite publicly. While BC did what he could initially to keep it off the 911 tapes by calling Sgt. Allen personally, he then made the decision to speak to the media about it. As "unseemly" as suicide attempts being made public seems to be, surely it should start with privacy from the man's own attorney.

Which leaves me 2 possibilities:
1- BC is not such a good attorney
2-This entire escapade was meant to be made public, letter and all.

There is a lot of offtopic carpola in here as well as bickering. knock it off, I don;t want to have to close the thread, clean it up and put it back out. If I have to close it I am not reopening it.
so PLEASE go for some constructive discussion and ,for the love of pete ,stay on the topic of the possible contents of this poor man's suicide note.
If you do not approve of this topic, then by all means move along to one you do approve of.
Unfortunately George is news. I feels so sorry for the dude. So please raise the level of discussion.

Actually it isn't a crime any longer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_views_of_suicide

Regardless, frankly, I don't think it isn't ANY of our business.

I had never heard that suicide was illegal. I went googling.

"In the U.S. suicide has never been treated as a crime nor punished by property forfeiture or ignominious burial. (Some states listed it on the books as a felony but imposed no penalty.) Curiously, as of 1963, six states still considered attempted suicide a crime--North and South Dakota, Washington, New Jersey, Nevada, and Oklahoma."

I had never heard that suicide was illegal. I went googling.

"In the U.S. suicide has never been treated as a crime nor punished by property forfeiture or ignominious burial. (Some states listed it on the books as a felony but imposed no penalty.) Curiously, as of 1963, six states still considered attempted suicide a crime--North and South Dakota, Washington, New Jersey, Nevada, and Oklahoma."

Thank you for posting this, I just finished reading something similar when I did a google search. So, if suicide is not a crime, then why would GA's letter and everything he stated to LE, possibly be released to the public? IMO, this is a personal issue that should be kept between GA and those who are treating him.

Thank you for posting this, I just finished reading something similar when I did a google search. So, if suicide is not a crime, then why would GA's letter and everything he stated to LE, possibly be released to the public? IMO, this is a personal issue that should be kept between GA and those who are treating him.

I am just guessing here, but since there would be an incident report filed, they would probably have to file it with their report?

I know that in the case with my roommate, when she died they filed the letter with the police report. Although her situation was different.

I am just guessing here, but since there would be an incident report filed, they would probably have to file it with their report?

I know that in the case with my roommate, when she died they filed the letter with the police report. Although her situation was different.

Hayley, So sorry to hear about the loss of your roomate, I know that must of been so very difficult for you. {{Hugs}}. I hadn't thought about the incident report being filed as a reason to make the matter public, but I see it as a possibility. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind making every single incident report public.

Contact your legislators.

BTW, as the poster asked.. will you read it if available? Will you back up your principles and state that you will NOT read it?

I knew last night when I went to bed I would be pressed on this subject. My heart is breaking for the A's and I laid there thinking and thinking about this question. I did a lot of soul searching. No, I can honestly say I have no intention of reading GA's suicide notes. I would be disappointed in myself if I did. If you were watching someone's home for them, walked in and their journal/diary was accidentally left in the open, would you read it? Somethings are very personal and even though no one would know if I read it or not, I would know and that is all that matters in the end! What I would not want done to me, I would not do to another human being.

Hayley, So sorry to hear about the loss of your roomate, I know that must of been so very difficult for you. {{Hugs}}. I hadn't thought about the incident report being filed as a reason to make the matter public, but I see it as a possibility. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind making every single incident report public.
Thank you.
I knew last night when I went to bed I would be pressed on this subject. My heart is breaking for the A's and I laid there thinking and thinking about this question. I did a lot of soul searching. No, I can honestly say I have no intention of reading GA's suicide notes. I would be disappointed in myself if I did. If you were watching someone's home for them, walked in and their journal/diary was accidentally left in the open, would you read it? Somethings are very personal and even though no one would know if I read it or not, I would know and that is all that matters in the end! What I would not want done to me, I would not do to another human being.
Very well stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member