George's testimony at trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Geez, I felt a little sorry for george today..there was this moment where his face just looked so ashamed and confused and it touched me. But I have to say that these people brought this upon themselves and if he thinks it's bad now just wait until all the subterfuge that he and cindy did is brought up, especially the collusion with that PI going to the burial site, the pain they are in now will seem like a picnic.

The behavior these two displayed is going to come back and slap them in the face. JB will use this as the two of them covering up not just for KC but also for george and cindy..after the fact. It is going to get ugly and the jury.. I assume knows very little about the extent of this and it will affect them and their verdict.

JB will viify these people and that IMO will be how KC finally kills the people she most wanted to kill, her parent's.

If I were on the jury, after today, I'd be strongly questioning GA's testimony. He made little sense and got too testy. Even tho Baez is using a tactic I don't like
(his tone is too aggressive), GA should still be able to answer his questions without such consternation.

I was wondering the same thing..anyone know? TIA

I have not seen anything outside the trial. I thought the point about the gas cans was to show that George Anthony not only had access to that duct tape but had a habit of using that duct tape during that time when Casey was not home.

But I have a question about the gas cans that I did not hear answered in court.

George Anthony filed a police report about the break in and the missing gas cans. George Anthony recovered the "missing" gas cans from Casey on June 24, 2008.

Did George Anthony ever notify the police that the missing gas cans were recovered?[/QUOTE]

Remember this?.......

“All they care about is Caylee…uh…and you know what, that’s all I care about too.”.....afterthought. She tripped herself up right then and there as far as I'm concerned. Note the word "they". If that statement had any truth to it, it was in the word "they". If GA had anything to do with it, it wouldn't have been expressed as "they".

Or if KC and GA were present at the time Caylee was found dead in the pool, and KC was going to jail for it (which I still can't understand why someone wouldn't have offered up the truth long ago), KC may feel exactly that way.

There's no doubt KC is a narcissist or something like that.

Today JB brought up something about GA saying something about smelling decomp in 'the woods' 6 months before the body was found. I know that what he was referring to was actually a GA interview with LE when he said he has smelled bodies before, as a cop in Ohio. He mentions they would find bodies "in cars or in the woods". The way JB phrased it today seemed to purposely misstate... well, everything.

Can someone help me find that quote of GA talking about smelling decomp in the woods in Ohio? I am not doing well at finding it.

I thought today was going very well for the prosecution esp. during Simon B.'s testimony.
He was such a credible witness.

But George really bothered me and I have to agree with some of the above posters and wonder if he is trying to put doubt in the juror's minds.
He of course denied allegations against him be they true or false but then appeared hesitant to answer what seemed like simple, straight-forward questions.
I wonder if he isn't trying to muddy the waters to help his daughter get off.

I could NOT believe he could sit there during opening statements and listen to such horror about himself unless they all agreed to it beforehand.

I am seriously thinking that ICA is NOT going to get charged with Murder.
And since she has been in jail for the past 3 years, she may get off with a lesser charge and be released for "time served".

Please convince me I am wrong.
I so hope I am.

This is definitely Not the slam dunk we all thought it would be.

I think when the car was recovered from the impound lot, GA went into crisis mode. He wasn't thinking straight...he wanted answers! There was so much going on at that moment, he wasn't thinking about what he SHOULD do. He was worried about his daughter and granddaughter. That is it. I don't fault him for that.

I was wondering the same thing..anyone know? TIA

I have not seen anything outside the trial. I thought the point about the gas cans was to show that George Anthony not only had access to that duct tape but had a habit of using that duct tape during that time when Casey was not home.

But I have a question about the gas cans that I did not hear answered in court.

George Anthony filed a police report about the break in and the missing gas cans. George Anthony recovered the "missing" gas cans from Casey on June 24, 2008.

Did George Anthony ever notify the police that the missing gas cans were recovered?[/QUOTE]

No, he did not. :waitasec:

I really feel bad for GA!!! Poor guy is getting it from every angle. Think he will ever be able to get a job again?????

Exactly. I may be in the minority but I am wondering now if this wasn't the DT and the Anthony's strategy all along. And boy it might just pay off for them (feel sick as I write this.) I heard the same things out of Cindy's mouth that I did out of Jose's mouth.

I was 99% sure this was 100% Casey. First day of trial, I was even more certain. Now, I am beginning to feel some doubt about George. It is a catch 22. Is he playing along with the defense to save Casey? OR is he simply trying to save his own reputation? At this point I am just not sure.

Make no mistake about it. I don't believe for a minute that George was implicated. Casey is just straight up evil I am more sure of that than ever. But I am wondering if what we are seeing between George and Jose has been rehearsed over the past 3 years.

I think you are right. George is simply walking the fine line...he doesn't want to look guilty but just enough to present reasonable doubt to spare his daughter the murder charge. I think both G and C Anthony feel manslaughter is enough punishment for her with time served even if she did do it. They've spent Casey's entire life covering for her and bailing her out and going along.

I agree that George, Cindy and Jose have had this planned. They knew the bus was coming; they hired NEW counsel to defend them against the charges they knew would be leveled (I think Brad would have been onto this and not at all complicit) - notice they still will not just go back to their original attitude (well so far GA at least) and suspicions that were the more raw and fresh ones at the time and let Casey's team deal with the TRUTH - they are still trying not to throw her under the bus while allowing her to partially throw them under the bus. I think even Lee will play along. It is their way and they are not about to change now.

Maybe ICA has them all by the short you-know-whats if there was some incest; they have a guilty conscience, all of them, and that is what compels them to help Casey now? I don't know but Jose is winning in his attempt to totally confuse the jury. Hey, I'm confused and I know much more than the average juror.

So everyone thinks it's okay to smell decomp in one's car that has been out of one's hands, is in a tow yard and you have missing persons in your family - girls - and not call the police?

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

I'm speechless.

My apologies if this has already been posted, but the hinky folks have an interesting take on GA.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/05/27/caylee-anthony-case-trial-day-4-052711/

I just read it and boy do I 110% agree with Vahill. We both have George's number. He hasn't changed, he doesn't know the truth and if he did, he would say whatever he needed to save hisself from future legal actions. I expect CA will do the same.

It's a game of self preservation for the Anthony's. Like Vahill said, GA will also be a witness for ICA and change his story. He'll swap those lies around again.

Or....I was about sick and tired of trying to confront KC only to have CA block me, so in this instance, I bypassed that train of thought completely and just went to police. If police found out it was KC, great! Let them tell CA what KC is all about!

I suspect JB is trying to draw attention to GA driving the car home.
GA had the forethought to NOT touch the garbage bag but drove the car home? I think thats what he is trying to get at...

he had a line of questions regarding george KNOWING that moving the car was tampering with evidence. Meanwhile GA had no idea then to what extent that car would come in to play. He just knew he had to get the car home.

I think in time where things are as emotional and scary and overwhelming, confusing, and totally Unknown as things MUST have been for GA and CA that day, they would have just been running on auto pilot.

Car in tow yard, better go get it, better take it home, gonna cost more money if we dont... I mean, they didnt KNOW Caylee was dead at that point. All they knew as far as im concerned is ICA was MIA and Caylee was MIA and ICA was avoiding them, the car was in the impound and it stunk. They needed to get that car home and make some phone calls.

I agree with these posts. This was a stressful time with a lot of things happening at once. Goodness knows what life was like at home with an angry and dysfunctional CA and the usual, passive GA trying not to set her off and thus falling into her pattern of denial that casey was doing anything wrong, even while CA was outraged that casey was withholding Caylee from her. At times GA has tried to step in, like with calling the cops about the gas can, but IMO, CA squelches his attempts pretty quickly.

I think GA was alarmed when he smelled the smell but when he found no body he reverted to letting CA deal with it.

Exactly. I may be in the minority but I am wondering now if this wasn't the DT and the Anthony's strategy all along. And boy it might just pay off for them (feel sick as I write this.) I heard the same things out of Cindy's mouth that I did out of Jose's mouth.

I was 99% sure this was 100% Casey. First day of trial, I was even more certain. Now, I am beginning to feel some doubt about George. It is a catch 22. Is he playing along with the defense to save Casey? OR is he simply trying to save his own reputation? At this point I am just not sure.

Make no mistake about it. I don't believe for a minute that George was implicated. Casey is just straight up evil I am more sure of that than ever. But I am wondering if what we are seeing between George and Jose has been rehearsed over the past 3 years.

Neither GA nor JB are smart enough to come up with and execute such a tactic, IMO.

If I were on the jury, after today, I'd be strongly questioning GA's testimony. He made little sense and got too testy. Even tho Baez is using a tactic I don't like
(his tone is too aggressive), GA should still be able to answer his questions without such consternation.

If the jury could see some of GA's depo testimony, they would see he acts like this when his emotions are high and he feels defensive.

I cringe when he doesn't answer questions directly but his reaction is very common. I have seen my clients do this so often, usually the ones who are not that bright. It drives me cray because ut makes them look like they are being evasive when I know they just feel defensive and as if everything is a trick or tactic. They feel they have to answer without being led into a trap by a tricky attorney. They fail to understand that they can clear up answers during redirect. I had a client like this recently and the judge kept admonishing him. It was a mess. I had rehearsed with him, explained to him, coached him etc., but he just could not stop being defensive. And he was telling the truth! I had the proof!

I posted this in another thread and thought it was worth posting here:

I just talked to my law partner (who does crim law) about testimony today and the defense's weird tactic of trying to show GA was trying to disassociate himself from any involvement in the trunk stench, even though their theory is there was no dead body in the trunk. He said:
"The defense attorney is shooting for the bleachers even though he's playing T-ball. This is a total newbie move - discredit everything everyone says even if it has nothing to do with your theory or even if what they are saying does nothing to discredit your theory. This tactic is exactly what inexperienced defense attorneys do and it never works. He's going to lose."

GA can't even answer the question of who is in charge of picking up the mail during the week.

Choices - I do, Cindy does cuz she comes home at 6PM, it depends on our schedule or sometimes we don't pick it up for a few days and go get it on Saturday, etc.
Any answer would do that flows smoothly out of his mouth.

I mean, really! He's so afraid of giving the wrong answer when he should just be telling the truth.

Maybe I'm naive, but my impression of GA on the stand today was that he was afraid to answer anything JB asked because he was scared of how JB would spin it. He almost seemed gun-shy of JB, which would make sense to me, after that scathing opening statement of his... I get the impression that he wants to tell the truth, but is afraid of what he says and how it will play into the DT's hands.

Maybe I'm naive, but my impression of GA on the stand today was that he was afraid to answer anything JB asked because he was scared of how JB would spin it. He almost seemed gun-shy of JB, which would make sense to me, after that scathing opening statement of his... I get the impression that he wants to tell the truth, but is afraid of what he says and how it will play into the DT's hands.

What I was trying to say but couldn't! He reminds me of clients I have had. He's scared and defensive. JA and his attorney need to keep working with him to remind him to just answer the questions. he has nothing to hide.

How about he just says. "I don't recall."
Then Baez can read back his earlier statements and George can say, "Well, I guess that's what I said."

There, how hard is that!
It's like pulling teeth watching this, very painful.

Why do they have to make everything harder than it needs to be?!

I really feel bad for GA!!! Poor guy is getting it from every angle. Think he will ever be able to get a job again?????

He didn't seem to want to work before, why would he now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back