Geraldo At Large - Sunday, 12/14/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is funny that the Defense Dream Team is complaining about access to the crime scene and autopsy and then on GR you have Dr Baden criticizing the processing of the crime scene soil looking for bones.

This is EXACTLY why FBI/LE need to focus on the investigation and not let them interfere.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. Nothing would get done without committee consensus.

if Geraldo is friends with Baez and Baden is a Fox contributor, isn't Fox News contributing to the obstruction of justice by slanting the story for the defense???
How is this even legal?
Sorry this has been Pi**en me off lately!

I was wondering if Geraldo isn't being made by the PTB to take a defense side to avoid a lawsuit. The other talking heads are on prosecutions side.
IMO :confused:

You know I'm with you on that one - this "team" has congregated around these kind of cases in the past: Peterson, Spector, and now Casey. It's almost like if you get one, you get them all.

lol, it does appear that way.

Is it an experts job to examine evidence to help determine cause of death, time of death and link evidence to a possible murderer?
Or is it an experts job to find fault in the authorities ways of obtaining evidence in the hopes of letting criminals walk the streets freely?
How do these people sleep at night - makes me want to reach for my barf bag when I hear them on these shows.

when and only when the defense PRODUCES A SINGLE person thas has some type of real activity with the phantom babsysitter will i even consider any other possibility other than that casey killed her daughter

this case is wrapped up.... wait till the defense sees what they are up against with the evidence

all you will hear is a collective "OH _ _ _ _" followed by

"hey... er ahhh JOSE.. better try to get her a deal cause this case is over"

from all of the defense team

:)

That's Cyril Wecht. He's a clinical professor at the U of Pittsburg and has his own Institute. Some time ago, he was prosecuted by the FBI in Federal court, which ended in a mistrial. He has *no* love for the FBI, period.

He's never been refused admission to an autopsy is a stretch for him to say. He was accused of participating in other counties' autopsies and charging them, then pocketing the money when he was the ME for Allegheny County.

No, I do know what Wecht looks like, I just reviewed the video and it was
Dr. Werner Spitz.

No, I do know what Wecht looks like, I just reviewed the video and it was
Dr. Werner Spitz.

Yes, I corrected myself later in the thread. Sorry about that - I just recalled hearing Wecht say the same thing and I thought it was him again. I had the best of intentions, but road to hell and all....

Sorry again :)

whew. GR was grueling for me tonight. I have expressed numerous times that LE/SAO is doing a flawless job.

Tonight I saw a few holes. Nothing is going to prevent a total and complete conviction IMO. But maybe a few "spots" the LE/SAO may have slipped up....

1. Failure to place screen high enough next to forensic area to prevent video of LE sifting thru dirt, etc...Now you have possibly allowed them the opportunity to critisize the techniques and personnel used (listen to Baden reference that) That site needed to better protected. Don't want to hear during trial that is the reason it has to be discounted, they did it wrong, should of let us be there, etc....

...not a fatal blow but allows doubt to seep into a jurors mind....especially when they depose the workers...

2. Kim G., who cannot possibly be anymore pro-LE, mentioned the first critisism of the LE/SAO....agreeing it was a "mistake" not to allow defense to observe...that worried me.

I feel the LE is straight by the book in htis, they absolutely aren't gonna allow any professional gratuity such as allowing them there....I feel the LE/SAO is so pissed off at the A's and KC that they want to nail them to the tree. Thats great, so do I, but if they are starting to make descisions based on this absolute hatred they mmust have (that we cannot even comprehend, as we are not privy to even HALF of what they've seen or collected) that could come back and haunt them.

I just want a clean, sweet conviction...no "reasonable doubt" in the jurors minds...and again, although I doubt these 2 items could do that, why invite the devil into the room?

who in there right mind would go against the FBI experts????

Hi,
I am just here lurking around at all the smart responses to this topic.

It just hit me when I saw this comment.
DEFENSE teams are bottom feeders IMO and look what they do to anyone that is in their path. I personally watched them tear Mark F apart and if he wasn't such a neat person, that could have ruined his life.

I am not a racist by any means and I have said the N word at least once in my lifetime... hehe

It is just black and white and I hope the jury is able to determine the outcome of this case on what is real and what is not.

An angel is dead with no reason for it whatsoever.

Yes, I corrected myself later in the thread. Sorry about that - I just recalled hearing Wecht say the same thing and I thought it was him again. I had the best of intentions, but road to hell and all....

Sorry again :)

No need to apologize, I need to buy a binder notebook to try to keep track of whos who, who left, who stayed,:crazy: and who just joined!:crazy:

I thought it was hilarious when Kimberly G said that they would have to resurrect OJ's jury to get KC to be found not guilty.

First of all, OJ was charming. He appealed to the jury. He dressed to seduce them and he behaved in a way that even the evidence was ignored b/c they were gaga over him.

KC is equivalent to a female Scott Peterson. Totally revolting and disgusting and you just want her to go away with her non stop embarrasing lies. You almost feel embarrassed for her when she opens up her mouth and spews all of these lies. The jury will find her guilty just on her unattractive personality alone. Like Johnny Cochran would say, "I knew OJ, I was a friend of OJ and you KC are no OJ". LOL. Ok I just made that up.

whew. GR was grueling for me tonight. I have expressed numerous times that LE/SAO is doing a flawless job.

Tonight I saw a few holes. Nothing is going to prevent a total and complete conviction IMO. But maybe a few "spots" the LE/SAO may have slipped up....

1. Failure to place screen high enough next to forensic area to prevent video of LE sifting thru dirt, etc...Now you have possibly allowed them the opportunity to critisize the techniques and personnel used (listen to Baden reference that) That site needed to better protected. Don't want to hear during trial that is the reason it has to be discounted, they did it wrong, should of let us be there, etc....

...not a fatal blow but allows doubt to seep into a jurors mind....especially when they depose the workers...

2. Kim G., who cannot possibly be anymore pro-LE, mentioned the first critisism of the LE/SAO....agreeing it was a "mistake" not to allow defense to observe...that worried me.

I feel the LE is straight by the book in htis, they absolutely aren't gonna allow any professional gratuity such as allowing them there....I feel the LE/SAO is so pissed off at the A's and KC that they want to nail them to the tree. Thats great, so do I, but if they are starting to make descisions based on this absolute hatred they mmust have (that we cannot even comprehend, as we are not privy to even HALF of what they've seen or collected) that could come back and haunt them.

I just want a clean, sweet conviction...no "reasonable doubt" in the jurors minds...and again, although I doubt these 2 items could do that, why invite the devil into the room?

You made some great points. I am also worrying about LE possibly letting their emotions get in the way here. I hope they are giving very serious thought to each and every decision they are making.
But, in the end, I think the evidence will be so overwhelming, none of this will matter. (I hope)

if Geraldo is friends with Baez and Baden is a Fox contributor, isn't Fox News contributing to the obstruction of justice by slanting the story for the defense???
How is this even legal?
Sorry this has been Pi**en me off lately!

That wasn't too many words, TMW :):):) Just right I'd say and excellent point. Maybe we should bombard FOX News with that point as it seems totally not fair and balanced.

I heard GR on Hannady's program today and he was madder than heck about the fact they were denied. I mean almost shouting he was so mad.'

About the teeth, what Dr Baden said was before the incept of DNA in 1989 they would have made an ID just looking at Caylee's teeth. He said the photo of her with that big smile would be all they would need to match it up.

They're gonna take their sweet time giving out the final results of the DNA test. There must be a method to the prosecution's madness as it doesn't take that long to do DNA I don't think. I think they don't want to be pushed around by the defense and I don't blame them.

<snipped repectfully>

You know what's funny, though? Kimberly doesn't cite anywhere this has been done before, meaning another case where the defense was allowed access during the actual forensics with an ME in this manner. Has anyone seen anyone talk about specific examples and if so, could you please share?

I posted the same thing a page back. I seriously doubt IMO that Caylee had been to a dentist. Even if she did have her first appt. I doubt x-rays of her teeth were taken. My daughter is 3.5 and just went at age 3 when her pedi recommended a visit. She had a cleaning/fluoride and that is it..no x-rays. I have many friends and have never heard of X-rays being done at toddler dental appts, unless there is a problem. JMO.

Most pedi's say age 3 for first visits, some say 2 etc.

But no one was talking about dental records. The original point was that they could match up the teeth with PICTURES of her where a lot of her teeth are visible (in other words, smiling). Photographs, not dental x-rays.

I thought it was hilarious when Kimberly G said that they would have to resurrect OJ's jury to get KC to be found not guilty.

First of all, OJ was charming. He appealed to the jury. He dressed to seduce them and he behaved in a way that even the evidence was ignored b/c they were gaga over him.

KC is equivalent to a female Scott Peterson. Totally revoluting and disgusting and you just want her to go away with her non stop embarrasing lies. You almost feel embarrassed for her when she opens up her mouth and spews all of these lies. The jury will find her guilty just on her unattractive personality alone. Like Johnny Cochran would say, "I knew OJ, I was a friend of OJ and you KC are no OJ". LOL. Ok I just made that up.

And it also didn't hurt that OJ was a sports icon..I know that gets lost in the mix LOL.

But no one was talking about dental records. The original point was that they could match up the teeth with PICTURES of her where a lot of her teeth are visible (in other words, smiling). Photographs, not dental x-rays.

Well good then they aren't AS big of idiots as I orginally thought.

You know what's funny, though? Kimberly doesn't cite anywhere this has been done before, meaning another case where the defense was allowed access during the actual forensics with an ME in this manner. Has anyone seen anyone talk about specific examples and if so, could you please share?

I agree. I would like to know of any examples where this has been allowed.

The risk is the Defense experts take notes trying to find fault in everything that is done, whether it matters or not --- just to confuse the Jury on procedure. Nit-picking.

Are they focused on finding the truth or just throwing in many wrenches to eliminate detrimental evidence on questionable technicalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom