Geraldo Rivera show 1/17/09

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am not an attorney, I am going to ask this. If you have client who asserts their right to an attorney, and that attorney states that there will be no further interviews unless he is present, LE has to respect that correct? They cannot wait until after the attorney leaves and then run to the accused and say "now will you talk to us without your lawyer here?" Or am I wrong? Once they are "represented by counsel", doesn't LE have to go through the attorney to talk to the accused?

Though this was not a direct interrogation or interview by LE, you know that it was something they wanted and would definitely use to their advantage. I was wondering if this is why he thinks there was misconduct? Or does he not mean legal misconduct....just that LE isn't playing fair?

I do feel like LE will have to find a compelling reason to be able to present this at trial. It is very prejudicial toward Casey - and I am sure that is what the defense will argue to keep it out.

Hmmmmmm...........this makes me re-think my thoughts about the time KC spent at JB's office during the time she was out on bond.

I've believed that KC didn't want to be cooped up with her parents at home all day, and going to JB's office was her way of escaping.

But now I wonder..............was JB concerned about KC cracking while she was at home and spilling the beans.......telling her parents what happened and where Caylee's remains were?

JB may have engineered those lengthy visits to his office in an effort to keep KC from confessing. He may have used some of the time KC was in his office every day to reinforce that she wasn't to confess to anyone. He may have promised her that he can get her acquitted, but only if she doesn't confess.

Highly plausible since her bodyguard, RD said that she talked incessantly to and from JB's about everything and nothing -- this was when she floated the new theory about the JBP attack. Also, the FBH had a LOT of info, some of which has leaked out.

I think KC was in better spirits though while out on bail, she was more optimistic although she did sleep nights in CA's room. Something happened at some point because in the jail videos the A's are still asking probing questions but they switch into full-blown Caylee is Alive mode.

I hope RK speaks to a lawyer about suing BC for the statements he is making about him. How can he be so cruel to the man that found his clients' granddaughter? Have they no class? Can't they just be grateful to him like normal people?

But they aren't normal people.

And as for the visit between C/G and KC being arranged and them
being hoodwinked, Baez.....do you not know by now that your client
and her family does whatever they want? When they want?

Oh except poor Casey, she's in jail and doesn't get to do
whatever, like being the Boss anymore.

Everytime I have sent one to Geraldo (and believe me I have sent many) I have sent it to atlarge@foxnews.com Hope it works for you. I have never received a response. LOL

I sent a complaint there and rec'd a response. I was wrong, too. LOL! Oh well, I learned a lesson - research before you hit the send button!

:bang:

Hmmmmmm...........this makes me re-think my thoughts about the time KC spent at JB's office during the time she was out on bond.

I've believed that KC didn't want to be cooped up with her parents at home all day, and going to JB's office was her way of escaping.

But now I wonder..............was JB concerned about KC cracking while she was at home and spilling the beans.......telling her parents what happened and where Caylee's remains were?

JB may have engineered those lengthy visits to his office in an effort to keep KC from confessing. He may have used some of the time KC was in his office every day to reinforce that she wasn't to confess to anyone. He may have promised her that he can get her acquitted, but only if she doesn't confess.

I have to think it was some of both. Things couldn't have been too comfortable in that home. I am sure Cindy was looking at her all the time with eyes saying "what can you tell us Casey"? I also think JB was afraid she would say something stupid that would compromise the case. Too many PI's and BH's around too that might hear something. I think he played it safe and had her stay there as much as possible. I am sure she appreciated it too.

Oh, I think he was, and still is, trying to isolate her from others to keep her from talking. As soon as she started blabbing to the FBH I think he decided to nip her contact with others in the bud as much as he possibly could. She states in the video that she isn't even supposed to be taking that visit. JB is advising her not to meet with her family. Why? Because they want the truth! They want to know where Caylee is! Neither of these are things JB wants KC talking about. JMO of course!

Really, does JB believe that LE dragged her butt kicking and screaming out of her "room" for a forced visit with her parents? :rolleyes:

There's something about Jose that just gives me the creeps. He acts like he owns Casey and I don't like control freaks. I would have told him to take a hike long ago.

I wonder how long it will be before the Heifer of Orlando realizes that
her attorney sees her as a cash cow.

I think after the murder trial she'll use attorney's lack of skill and
his "controling attitude" to seek an appeal. And the saga will
continue for years and years and...

Hi Leila, that was a great recap, thanks.

This makes alot of sense. IIRC she said JB showed her the NG tapes the night before her visit along with the mean articles being writen about her. She also made that comment about CA passing up an opportunity to get her out, which CA denied. When i heard that it made me think he showed her those things and told her that info to keep her on lockdown(quite) while he was on his NY trip. She caved to a visit the next day, and we saw how pizzed off she was at everyone.

I don't know very much about att/client relationships, would it be illegal for an att. to promise/garentee an acquittal? They made some kind of deal for sure, just don't know what?

Have a good night :)

Since I am not an attorney, I am going to ask this. If you have client who asserts their right to an attorney, and that attorney states that there will be no further interviews unless he is present, LE has to respect that correct? They cannot wait until after the attorney leaves and then run to the accused and say "now will you talk to us without your lawyer here?" Or am I wrong? Once they are "represented by counsel", doesn't LE have to go through the attorney to talk to the accused?

Though this was not a direct interrogation or interview by LE, you know that it was something they wanted and would definitely use to their advantage. I was wondering if this is why he thinks there was misconduct? Or does he not mean legal misconduct....just that LE isn't playing fair?

I do feel like LE will have to find a compelling reason to be able to present this at trial. It is very prejudicial toward Casey - and I am sure that is what the defense will argue to keep it out.

If LE requests to talk with the client, then yes they do have to go through the lawyer. However, if the client on their own decides that they want to speak with LE, for example Casey, she would have to do exactly what George told her she could do, write a letter to the Sheriff, or whomever working with the case and say she would like to speak with them, she can request her lawyer be there or not.
I don't think this is a problem at all. I think that Baez is implying that LE set George up to convince Casey to ask for a meeting without him. George did not do this. He asked for Casey to write the letter so that he, Cindy, or Lee could see her face to face. I think, and its just my opinion, that George at that point wanted answers for himself and didn't care if LE had them or not.
I don't remember him implying once that he would have an investigator sitting there through the conversation. Basically, Casey told him that even if she could, she didn't have anything to go on anyways.
I may be wrong, I am not a lawyer, but I honestly think this is just another attempt to discredit someone because the defense knows that they have to find something to help them out. They will pull out worst stunts than this because Casey killed Caylee and the noose is tightening.

Geraldo and Greta were both defense attorneys...can't get it out of their blood. GR doesn't like her one bit. His loyalty to JB is obvious.

:behindbar: KC never shuts up! You have to get a good laugh when you think of the lawyers seeing her almost every day. They have to go there so she can talk......what a job that must be..blah, blah, blah....lol

:waitasec: Hmmmmmmm.. Just realized...her time with Baez is the longest time she has ever had a relationship with a man.:beats:

:behindbar: This girl just can't shut up. I get a good laugh when I think of the lawyers seeing her almost every day. They have to go there so she can talk......what a job that must be..blah, blah, blah....lol

:waitasec: Hmmmmmmm.. Just realized...her time with Baez is the longest time she has ever had a relationship with a man.:beats:

LOL yep, and I think she refers to her visits with him now as business transactions! LOL how incriminating!

Above post is correct. H/E, LE doesn't set up jail house visits--inmates and/or their visitors do. KC is free to disregard the advice of her attorney, as any client is. This will be admissible in court for two reasons. One, KC did not think this visit was private--that is demonstrated by her stating words to the effect that 'the media will have a field day with this'. (And it doesn't matter what the Anthony's thought from a legal perspective; and it doesn't matter that the Anthony's told her it wouldn't be released); Two, JB requested--no-demanded-this tape be released for public consumption. (What a moron--but that is beside the point.) He can't then go back and cry foul--it's considered to be along the lines of 'invited error'. As for BC's comments--it's already been disclosed that MR was back in the area in November. And from my point of view, it wouldn't matter if he went back every day for months. The bottom line is it is absurd to think he had anything to do with Caylee's murder. It wouldn't matter if 50 people connected to KC told him where the body was--he didn't do it & wasn't even living in the State at the time. He said himself that he used to be a bounty hunter and was a boarding officer for the Coast Guard and "figured it out himself." No different than Kiomarie saying that was a good spot; or Equusearch going there because of cell phone pings; or members of this forum discussing the woods there too.

Will plant this here. It is posted in RANT thread. This discussion is Geraldo - but that includes discussion of outrageous doesn't it??? http://www.nationalenquirer.com/casey_anthony_to_go_free/crime/63472

sad.gif

Leila
user_online.gif

Geraldo - Jan. 17, 2009 - Casey, MR, and BC
Geraldo didn't spend a lot of time tonight on the Anthony case, but what time he did spend on it, there was information. GT's guest tonight was BC. They showed the film clip of Casey's rant against her parents in the August 14th visit.

Both GR and BC voiced their opinion that the August 14th jailhouse visit was a "set-up" by LE. According to them, JB gave specific instructions that he was going to be out of town for a couple of days and during his absence Casey was not to receive visits from family or others. He was specific that there be no visits during his absence.

GR stated that it looks like a set up to him. No way will JB put Casey on the witness stand during the trial, but the prosecution will try to get this tape in to show what Casey's true demeanor is. Both GR and BC agreed that the judge should not allow this tape in the trial.

Then they went on to the MR. BC says there's more to the meter reader that what the public knows, and that there's evidence he was at the scene of the remains site between August 17th and December 11th, and said more was coming out soon.

BC also said he's confident that his clients have "told the truth" and cooperated with LE, and have nothing to worry about when it comes to the question of charges.

As I said, the coverage was brief tonight, but did have some news. Also, it could not be clearer that GR is a defense team player.

It sounds like the defense is trying to turn the ship into another direction, and moving away from "zannie". It appears they'll going to muddy up RK, hinting that either he did it or was part of this big conspiracy to frame poor little KC?

They also seem to be throwing in a dash of the OJ trial with the old "the police framed me" mantra too.

As far as his clients being truthful......they wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit them in the.........it's time for me to wash my brain for the night and go to bed. :mad: nite all!

Above post is correct. H/E, LE doesn't set up jail house visits--inmates and/or their visitors do. KC is free to disregard the advice of her attorney, as any client is. This will be admissible in court for two reasons. One, KC did not think this visit was private--that is demonstrated by her stating words to the effect that 'the media will have a field day with this'. (And it doesn't matter what the Anthony's thought from a legal perspective; and it doesn't matter that the Anthony's told her it wouldn't be released); Two, JB requested--no-demanded-this tape be released for public consumption. (What a moron--but that is beside the point.) He can't then go back and cry foul--it's considered to be along the lines of 'invited error'. As for BC's comments--it's already been disclosed that MR was back in the area in November. And from my point of view, it wouldn't matter if he went back every day for months. The bottom line is it is absurd to think he had anything to do with Caylee's murder. It wouldn't matter if 50 people connected to KC told him where the body was--he didn't do it & wasn't even living in the State at the time. He said himself that he used to be a bounty hunter and was a boarding officer for the Coast Guard and "figured it out himself." No different than Kiomarie saying that was a good spot; or Equusearch going there because of cell phone pings; or members of this forum discussing the woods there too.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

SoCal, :blowkiss: That helps explain it well, thanks.

OT/ but since we are on the GR thread and he is discussing the Hudson River landing.

Captain Sully and Crew are true heros!!!

Seems like GR is providing a FREE public information service for the Defense on national TV.

GR: "What info does the defense want to get out?"

1. The jail visit video is a setup by LE,
2. The MR Caylee remains find is hinky,
3. The Anthony's are looking good about the immunity.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member