"Geraldo" Show W/Enhanced Ramsey 911 Tape...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was on the boards because of true crime discussions. Cybersleuths, the first board I joined, didn't discuss just Ramsey. I was there because of the Martha Moxley case. As time went by I joined other boards such as JW where Ramsey was discussed alot. I never posted or commented much at all concerning Ramsey. Just read about it alot because I was at the boards for other topics.

edited to add: please see post #19

Ahhhhh - the old CS days......my first too. Lucky you - what's it feel like to have an actual conclusion to a case that was also long overdue?

KoldKase - there is a thread at Purg - titled "KoldKase!" that has some of the info on this subject, but I can't get the link to work here. And I did go back through a bunch of the Old Stuff about this subject that is so near and dear to our hearts (:furious:) and had to just walk away.....

and Burke was said not to have asked any questions at all..not even on the ride over to the White's..you bet he didn't.I think JR scared him so bad he was too afraid to dare ask anything at all! And Patsy says JR was getting dressed during the time it took LE to arrive...no,I think he was already dressed and waiting for them,he had obviously stood beside Patsy,supervising her,the whole time she was on the phone,and in the time it took for LE to arrive,JR had sent BR back to bed,with implicit instructions on what to do (not talk) and not to get up until he came back to get him.
It seems to me JR was supervising the call,when unexpectedly,Burke got up and started asking questions,messing up the scenario they'd wanted...for LE to find him in bed.So he was marched right back to bed,with instructions on what to do (or what not to do,rather).

That's the way I see it, too. It was like JR snapped because with ALL he had to deal with that morning - y'know, covering up the accidental death of his 6-year old daughter, making the garrote, strangling her, wiping the blood from her body, searching through the wrapped gifts in the basement to find clean panties (that matched the ones she had been wearing), getting the blanket out of the dryer, supervising the writing of the ransom novella, planning his getaway with his private pilot- such a busy morning, and then to have your 9-year old son walk in during an important part of the charade.

Posters so far that have heard the "Geraldo" Tape...

1. Ames
2. RiverRat
3. Drew
4. lannie

I know that there are more out there...let us hear from you.

5. KoldKase

and Burke was said not to have asked any questions at all..not even on the ride over to the White's..you bet he didn't.I think JR scared him so bad he was too afraid to dare ask anything at all! And Patsy says JR was getting dressed during the time it took LE to arrive...no,I think he was already dressed and waiting for them,he had obviously stood beside Patsy,supervising her,the whole time she was on the phone,and in the time it took for LE to arrive,JR had sent BR back to bed,with implicit instructions on what to do (not talk) and not to get up until he came back to get him.
It seems to me JR was supervising the call,when unexpectedly,Burke got up and started asking questions,messing up the scenario they'd wanted...for LE to find him in bed.So he was marched right back to bed,with instructions on what to do (or what not to do,rather).

I agree...I think that he woke up and found Patsy in the middle of that 911 call. He probably heard the part where she found "something", but didn't know what that something was, so he asked "What did you find?" Yes, he messed up their little plan. I believe that the reason that John was so harsh with him, is because he was ticked off that Burke had gotten up and gotten in the middle of their little plan. Patsy said in her 98 interview that Burke NEVER talked about JB, and they didn't even mention her to him. Haney found that strange.

Oh Boy..I'm in Wiki, am I? And over this issue........ugh. Oh well - here's my official statement - YES - I heard the 911 tape before I found in the internet subculture.......and NO - I can not say for a fact though on which show it was, but it was one of the key pieces that led me on-line to look for more answers.

"Oh Boy..I'm in Wiki, am I? And over this issue........ugh. Oh well - here's my official statement - YES"...*

*golfclap,
could be in worse places?

Wow, I had not realized that the 'enhanced' 911 tape was this controversial ... and I see that ..... of course ...like so many, most aspects of this case
-diametric
- many passionate disagreements.

Thanks Ames for posting that wiki link ...

just now reading thru older links (2006).... old hat to y'all I suppose ....Heraldo transcript ...

http://www.cybersleuths.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004892

"Oh Boy..I'm in Wiki, am I? And over this issue........ugh. Oh well - here's my official statement - YES"...*

*golfclap,

Wow, I had not realized that the 'enhanced' 911 tape was this controversial ... and I see that ..... of course ...like so many, most aspects of this case
-diametric

just now reading thru older links (2006).... old hat to y'all I suppose ....Heraldo transcript ...

You are welcome!

*golfclap,

-diametric

Yes, there are worse places to be spotted at......and speaking of which.......yes - that is a Geraldo transcript, but that one has Nada to do with the 911 call screw up! And posters like the ONE there are a big part of the problem and not the solution!

RR,do you think ppl are getting paid to do that sort of thing? that is my hunch.I see it in other places as well.
I believe it would take some level of personal interest to keep perpetuating the RST tactics.
If so,then I wonder if they'll be off the payroll at some point in the future? $ can't go on forever..

If you are asking if I believe that Defense Camps have employees on-line for many different reasons - Absolutely Without Any Doubt!

As a matter of fact, there are law firms and businesses that specialize in this.......and guess what? I have a vague recollection of reading long ago that the Ramseys having an affiliation with one. I will search that out soon!

thank you so much!! that's been my suspicion all along..

I just wanted to let y'all know I spent a few hours searching some old files for the post by that person who saw the "repeat" of the Geraldo show with the enhanced 911 tape. That was on my latest computer files. Not there, but the post is probably five years old or more, so it's probably on my zip disk files, and I hooked that old zip drive up and of course, it wasn't going to cooperate with my newer computer, so I gave up until I can get around to coaxing it to run again...and I'm going to BURN BABY BURN those old files on a nice, new CD, when I get it done, too!

Anyway, I haven't forgotten.

Okay, got the old zip drive up and running, and here is a collection of posts/threads from several forums written by many people who heard the enhanced 911 tape on TV and then were promptly attacked every time they mentioned it on the forums.

I'm including the threads/posts intact, as I copied them. Two are from Forums For Justice: I wasn't a member at FFJ at that time, but sent my two cents on the subject to Moab to post there, to add to the collection (which you will see if you read all this). Another post is from Purgatory, where I posted for a few years.

Enjoy...or not. I may find some more old posts on this, but some file formats are so old, they're obsolete and won't open for me--darn. This file, however, should be sufficient to confirm that MANY people heard the airing of the enhanced 911 tape at different "o'clocks", time zones, stations, and programs over a one day period, and then it went "POOF" and no one who had anything to do with that airing on TV will even SPEAK of it, so MORE Ramsey HINKIE stuff to ponder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From FFJ:

Spade
Zap is right I received the transcript today and they were discussing a transcipt of the tape that Marcia Clark had in her possession. Marcia's source: Bonita
November 12, 2003, 3:42 am Wed Nov 12 3:42:26 EST 2003

FedoraX
I had pals who worked on Hard Copy and have all their segments on tape.

Purr, the person you'r referring to is Cindy Adams, the NY Post reporter. In general emailing someone in the media is worthless because some junior staffer gets the questions and feels no obligation to pass along your questions or comments. If you want the answers, follow the ideas I cited in a previous post.
| IP:
November 13, 2003, 2:45 am Thu Nov 13 2:45:00 EST 2003

Spade
Zap is right I received the transcript today and they were discussing a transcipt of the tape that Marcia Clark had in her possession. Marcia's source: Bonita
November 12, 2003, 3:42 am Wed Nov 12 3:42:26 EST 2003

FedoraX
I had pals who worked on Hard Copy and have all their segments on tape.

Purr, the person you'r referring to is Cindy Adams, the NY Post reporter. In general emailing someone in the media is worthless because some junior staffer gets the questions and feels no obligation to pass along your questions or comments. If you want the answers, follow the ideas I cited in a previous post.
| IP:
November 13, 2003, 2:45 am Thu Nov 13 2:45:00 EST 2003

RiverRat

But, who am I to argue? Oh yeah, I'm me...........one of those folks that doesn't speak unless I know what I am speaking about.

I never watched the mock trial so any recreation of the 911 call from Geraldo, Geraldo Live, or the Geraldo Rivera show is not where the answer lies.

American Journal, Inside Edition, A Current Affair, or similar tab show is where I heard it. Not sure what the big commotion over it being leaked is, the only thing not leaked by any side involved is the killer's true identity but I'm sure that answer Lies within the 911 call I envisioned..........the one that I had a conversation about with another person in the room when it was on. I wish it were all a fantasy but alas - this happened before I found the internet and was promptly ripped to shreds by Ma Brady the first time I screwed up and admitted hearing the damn thing.

Yes - I remember things like that-
RR
FUC
| IP:
November 15, 2003, 9:25 pm Sat Nov 15 21:25:51 EST 2003

Shadow
Content Moderator

I guess the bottom line is not who may or may not have heard the tape when and where, but will the public ever get to hear the "enhanced" tape with the alleged voices at the end... those of us who have not heard the "voices" have a right to be skeptics.
| IP:
November 15, 2003, 9:38 pm Sat Nov 15 21:38:47 EST 2003

Britt
FFJ Senior Member
quote:

Originally posted by RiverRat
I never watched the mock trial so any recreation of the 911 call from Geraldo, Geraldo Live, or the Geraldo Rivera show is not where the answer lies.

American Journal, Inside Edition, A Current Affair, or similar tab show is where I heard it.

Hi RR

And furthermore... a poster over at Purgatory who also heard it estimates the timing of the airing at around August, 1998 (she does not mention Geraldo), speculating that the tape was leaked to a media source, played once or twice for a day or so, then yanked, and transcripts edited to delete the tape's contents (probably after a threatening call from someone in Boulder... my own speculation).

The post is on the "8/5 NE Labs Battle Over 911 Call" thread, post date October 9:

I couldn't help noticing this timing coincides with Steve Thomas's resignation. Coincidence?
| IP:
November 15, 2003, 10:02 pm Sat Nov 15 22:02:10 EST 2003

Britt
FFJ Senior Member
In the wake of Thomas's resignation... from Thomas's book:

Another reporter told me that First Assistant DA Bill Wise was dropping hints, not to be quoted, that I was mentally unstable. Then false reports surfaced that I was leaking case information to almost every publication and station that wanted it. Hunter's spin was in motion. "It's his time," rang loudly in my ears. The usual systematic dehumanization of anyone who spoke against the Boulder establishment was once again in play. p. 390, paperback.

I wonder if Hunter or a Hunterette leaked the enhanced 911 tape... simultaneously stickin' it to the Ramseys and Thomas.
| IP:
November 15, 2003, 10:57 pm Sat Nov 15 22:57:31 EST 2003

RiverRat

I'll take it a step further in the direction that you are headed. The tape was not leaked while it was being kept a secret from Hunter's office. The police went to extreme measures to prevent the D.A.'s office from discovering its existance.

Then the BPD made their presentation to and handed the files over to the District Attorney's office.

Thomas retires as a whistlebower. Released a lot of steam about Hunter.

The 911 information makes it to the press.

| IP:
November 15, 2003, 11:26 pm Sat Nov 15 23:26:10 EST 2003

purr
do the Right Thing!

very interesting information.

keep it coming,
purr
and crunching in them!
| IP:
November 16, 2003, 2:31 am Sun Nov 16 2:31:11 EST 2003

Twitch
Mom

could be my own. It was not Geraldo, the voices were the Ramsey's. It aired only once and disappeared. I saw it in the afternoon around 3-4. My ex husband was home and heard it also. I do not remember the show because I was walking around cleaning and stopped when I heard the segment begin. I had a problem tracking down the program because at the time I had cable and satellite TV which gave me access to 4 local stations and 6 satellite local affiliates. I believe I saw it on an Erie,PA station. I contacted them and they told me that they aired either Inside Edition or Hard Copy during that time frame. Sorry I don't remember which, I didn't keep my emails. Maybe someone with old JW discs can look it up. I posted my update there.

I contacted, by telephone, Inside Edition or Hard Copy. I spoke with an intern who was to help me search the program but when I called back this person was unavailable and never returned my calls. Somebody knows what show it was on and why it was never aired again. AND YES, IT WAS AIRED. I DON'T CARE WHO HAPPENS TO BE SO ALMIGHTY SURE THAT IT DIDNT...IT DID. I believe there was some type of legal maneuvering done to make sure that it never happened again and that it was never referrred to again.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36
| IP:
November 16, 2003, 3:18 pm Sun Nov 16 15:18:02 EST 2003

Driver

Twitch, you are exactly right. I heard it in the daytime, too, and I agree with you that it was either Hard Copy or another of those shows of that kind. FedoraX told me I didn't hear it on Hard Copy so maybe it was another of those tabloid shows. I thought it was Hard Copy, though. And I, too, heard it twice. I think I even reported it to one of the forums as an alert, but at any rate I distinctly remember standing in my family room listening to it. It caught me by surprise, and so I listened again when they did a re-play of the show later. It had nothing to do with Geraldo.

BTW, I used to make sure I never missed a Geraldo show, because he was so outspoken about the Ramseys and was like a pitbull with his outrage, etc, and always had good discussions with good guests. Do you all remember the day he just dropped it cold, never to mention it again? I have always wondered what really happened to cause that. Was it fear of lawsuits? That never stopped him before. I lost respect for him that day, and that is when the hackles went up on my neck that there were some powerful people involved in the background.

Truth be told, JonBenet is not one bit more important than any other little child or beautiful young person like Rachel Cooke, or anyone else for that matter, who has been killed or gone missing. My outrage is that there are people around who are able, through their influence/power, and WILLING to put up barriers to prevent guilty parties from being brought to justice. And that there are others who we count on and who are PAID to uphold and enforce the law, who assist them in carrying out the sham. I think there will be a special place in hell for them. At least that is my fervent prayer.

edited for pesky typos.
| IP:
November 16, 2003, 7:38 pm Sun Nov 16 19:38:39 EST 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to split this up because there is a character limit, so continued....

I think this is from the now defunct forum Cybersleuths, though I can't swear to it--it might be from here at WS? Wherevah, it's from the bitter gutter candy, a perennial naysayer who would rather eat her secret documents than accept that people saw evidence aired which is case related and SHE DIDN'T! :furious:

candy
Member # 311

posted 07-14-2003 03:43 PM

I'm posting Geraldo's comments only on the 911 call last night on his program. Geraldo played the Judge, and he had Catherine Crier argue for keeping the Ramseys under the umbrella of suspicion and Geoffrey Fieger argue to take them out from the umbrella of suspicion and then Geraldo ruled as the Judge on what side should prevail:

At Large w/ Geraldo Rivera, July 13, 2003

Geraldo: All right, now I want to go to Patsy Ramsey’s 911 call, first heard last week, first heard publicly as far as I know last week, when it was released to NBC’s Katie Couric, released interestingly enough by
the Ramseys attorneys, uh admittedly done I think to counter the old notion that you can hear the voice of their son Blake on the tape, uh after the authorities, told the authorities that Blake was asleep when the call was made, and that inconsistency, let’s face it, was one of the reasons that the Ramseys were for so long under the so called cloud of suspicion in this case. Without asking you the question, first let’s first listen to the 911 tape, Patsy Ramsey on that uh, Christmas eve so long ago when JonBenet, then 6 years old, disappeared and a ransom note was found in the house. Play the tape.

(Plays part of the 911 tape)

Geraldo: It’s an old case, but still a chilling case and those questions continue to haunt, a case that took so much attention from so many of us and ended so unsatisfactorily, at least up until now. But here’s the question Judge Crier, if it is untrue that the voice of Blake was heard on that tape and that was one of the main inconsistencies cited by the people pointing the finger at the Ramseys, why shouldn’t the authorities just announce to the public that these people are in the clear, the parents, and let them get on with their lives, Judge you argue to keep them under scrutiny (Catherine Crier next)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And back to FFJ:

Twitch
Mom
Well, this makes good sense to me.
John was the family meal ticket. Nobody in the Paugh family was gonna bring him down. I can see him manipulating Patsy not to say anything. Frankly, I've always found Patsy more believable than him. And I have no problem believing that Pam would spill the beans.

Those frequent trips to the pediatrician, John's golf buddy, were her attempts to bring the abuse to an end, or at lease to verify her suspicions, I believe. Wasn't the ped one of the ones JR made the "I'm so sorry statement to."?

The accident version would certainly fall into place with the theory of a cover up by attorneys and prosecutors.

Family dynamics are very interesting. I know in the South for sure we grow up believing that the family unit is the most important connection in our lives. Mine and Patsy's generation were taught that you protect your family at all costs and you NEVER divulge family secrets.

Those of us born pre-women's liberation also were brainwashed into believing that the male family head was the final word, no ifs, ands, or buts. You kept your mouth shut and carried on as best you could. Bet Nedra felt that way and we know how influential she was on Patsy's thinking. The irony of that social reality is that it helped breed strong women and patient women who could wait until the time when they might have to step in and pick up the pieces and save that thing most precious to them...their family. You endured the male bravado farce and you played the game because you had been brainwashed to believe that was the thing to do.

When I saw them on the religious program from my home town a couple of years ago, I got the feeling that Patsy was calling the shots. John was so uncomfortable being there. It was apparent he hated being there and I wondered why he was doing it.

For me, there are only 2 plausible explanations for this crime. 1) Burke did it and they are covering for him or 2)John was abusing JonBenet and Patsy killed her accidentally, leaving them forever entangled, stuck with each other's hate and lies.

As most of you know, I'm the one that first stated (at JW) that I had heard the extended 911 call. I know I heard it and I will never forget the anger in John's voice. He was mad not concerned or anxious about his missing daughter. I can clearly imagine Patsy taking over the situation and telling him what they would and would not do and that if he didn't agree she would tell the world what really happened. SHE was the one that called the police. SHE was the one that called the other friends over. SHE, I believe, was the one that wrote the ransom note. Take another look at it. Read the anger the writer displayed towards John. That was a personal thing, not the work of a stranger. "Use that good old Southern common sense John"...those are her words. Words she had used often in the past... words that, consciously or subconsciously she used to point to the real monster in this case.

Who turned the dictionary to the word incest in Johns study? John? No, why would he implicate himself or the only other male in the house, his son? They were so busy trying to give each other up that first day. Why did John try to implicate her as the writer of the ransom note? Why did he try to implicate her as the killer to Linda Arndt? Inside job indeed.

What about the heart on the hand? The fact that JBR had been groomed after the accident? The final rites of a bereft mother, not the work of a killer. And then there's that garrote. No woman would do that. I bet she wouldn't have a clue how to tie that knot. That was John's contribution to the murder and cover up - that and whatever final preperations he made that morning before the body was "discovered" by him. Maybe that's why she was so slow to view the body that morning when John brought it upstairs. She didn't want to see what he had done to her baby.

And finally(I'll stop now) there were the family statements concerning forgiveness by John Andrew and the scripture readings regarding forgiveness as the sisters surrounded Patsy and prayed.

This is all my opinion regarding a public event that has touched my life greatly. I was drawn to the case because Patsy and I are the same age and because I have a child the same age as JonBenet. I hope that Lin Wood doesn't try to sue me for stating my opinion because I have nothing except my opinion and one thing that I truly wish Patsy Ramsey still had - my beautiful child.
Last edited by Twitch on January 18, 2004, 8:38 pm at Sun Jan 18 20:38:57 CST 2004
| IP:
January 18, 2004, 6:48 pm Sun Jan 18 18:48:26 CST 2004

Adrian Monk
Re: Well, this makes good sense to me.
quote:

Originally posted by Twitch
As most of you know, I'm the one that first stated (at JW) that I had heard the extended 911 call. I know I heard it and I will never forget the anger in John's voice. He was mad not concerned or anxious about his missing daughter.

Do you remember the name of the show, and the approximate date it aired?

All suspects, named and unnamed, are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

All rights reserved.
| IP:
January 18, 2004, 10:58 pm Sun Jan 18 22:58:50 CST 2004

Twitch
Mom
I took so much grief about that I have tried to put it behind me. I tried to investigate it some but got nowhere. I think it might have been Inside Edition. If anyone has a copy of the JusticeWatch CD I posted all of the info I had there. RiverRat and some others heard it and they might have more details.
Last edited by Twitch on January 19, 2004, 4:36 am at Mon Jan 19 4:36:01 CST 2004
| IP:
January 18, 2004, 11:27 pm Sun Jan 18 23:27:32 CST 2004

Adrian Monk
If it is Inside Edition, that would be good news, because I already have their contact info. All I'd lack then would be an approximate date.

All suspects, named and unnamed, are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

All rights reserved.
| IP:
January 18, 2004, 11:31 pm Sun Jan 18 23:31:11 CST 2004

Britt
FFJ Senior Member
quote:

Originally posted by Adrian Monk
If it is Inside Edition, that would be good news, because I already have their contact info. All I'd lack then would be an approximate date.

Approximately August/summer of 1998, based on the recollection of someone over at Purgatory who heard it. They figured it was leaked, aired very briefly and yanked.
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 12:04 am Mon Jan 19 0:04:57 CST 2004

Twitch
Mom
I think the other possibility I had narrowed it down to was Hard Copy.

If you have read this a million times turn away now!!!

At the time it aired I was getting Directv and local cable. At the time Directv aired local affiliates from all 4 networks throughout the country. So, even though I live in Georgia, I got local programming from stations in NYC, Washington DC, LA, Denver, etc. through Directv and my 4 local affiliates through cable. DTV would change these affiliates from time to time and at the time it aired I was getting an Erie, PA affiliate and I think that might be where I saw it. I contacted this affiliate and they told me the name of the syndicated show they were airing at that time.

I have tried tonight to link this to something else that was going on at the time but I can't. When I first posted it at JW Ruthee was still alive. Jellyjaws and I posted back and forth about it on the daily.

DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE A CD OR PRINTOUTS FROM JW THAT MIGHT CONTAIN THIS INFO?

If I did keep a print copy of the emails I sent and received re this I have long since thrown them away or misplaced them. Sorry.
Last edited by Twitch on January 19, 2004, 4:37 am at Mon Jan 19 4:37:35 CST 2004
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 1:35 am Mon Jan 19 1:35:46 CST 2004

RiverRat

At River's WebSleuths that had a contact within the news media ythat confirm the airing of the tape but that it was immediately hushed up?

The posters that openly admit to being a part of the mass hallucination have been subjected to harshness over the years - please be gentle with us!

RR
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 1:50 am Mon Jan 19 1:50:52 CST 2004

Twitch
Mom
I don't know about that poster Rat. I do know that there was a poster at JW named Janphi who had some sort of journalistic credentials or connections. She posted that she believed she had heard that the tape was aired once and then there was some sort of legal injunction filed to prevent it being aired again.

I tried to search over the internet for some evidence of an injunction but with no luck. Quite honestly I didn't even know what sort of court it would have been heard in.

Rat, do you remember the details of when it might have been aired? The last couple of years have been a blurr to me for personal reasons. I'll try tomorrow to search some archives and see if I can come up with a general time frame. I have 2 tests on Tuesday and have to help son with a science project tomorrow so I won't have too much time to look around.
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 3:15 am Mon Jan 19 3:15:55 CST 2004

Adrian Monk
Well then suspicion at least can be cast on the affiliates that yanked the program. I got PMed the approximate date so I think I'll go rattle King World's chain a bit. See if they'll admit to aiding and abetting Lyin' Wood's highway robbery, or Korrupt Keenan's obstruction of justice, or both, in email, headers and all.

All rights reserved.
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 3:18 am Mon Jan 19 3:18:57 CST 2004

LurkerXIV
I addressed this on another thread. The date was August 17, 1998.

I had turned on the TV in anticipation of Bill Clinton's apology speech. I was packing to go away on vacation, so I was in and out of the TV room, and heard the enhanced tape "with one ear", as it were.

I was not able to follow up on the forums for the next few days as I was AFK and computerless. (That was before I had a laptop).
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 3:30 am Mon Jan 19 3:30:38 CST 2004
Watching You
Admin

I know Fed
says this never happened, but, I'm sorry, Fed, I think you're wrong this time. Too many people heard it, and the people who say they heard it are totally credible. Someone pulled it and buried the fact that it was ever televised. Yes, I believe that. I did not hear it. I wish I had heard it - I'd have been mouthing off a lot more than the posters who say they heard it and have been told they didn't.

| IP:
January 19, 2004, 11:49 am Mon Jan 19 11:49:38 CST 2004

Moab
Admin
From KoldKase:

KoldKase:
I heard the ENHANCED 911 TAPE ENDING played on Geraldo's NIGHT SHOW..."Geraldo Live" I think it was called. And only the enhanced ending was played, (not the first of the call with Patsy and the dispatcher). I do not remember the time except that I was not on online at the time so it had to be before May of 2000.

I posted about this at JW when I was a member for a few months in summer of '00, surprised that people didn't seem to know it had been played on TV. I had no idea before that time that it had been dumped and covered up. It was just something I heard one night while watching Geraldo as per usual, and it was only a short part of the show. I had no reason to think it was some big deal that would go down in history as a controversial subject because of a coverup the likes of which I have never seen before which I personally know is a fact. People believe what they will. I know what I saw and heard. That's a fact I KNOW.

Others apparently heard it on one of the magazine shows like Hard Copy or Inside Edition. Since TV affiliates often share stuff like this, as they are owned by the same parent companies, this is entirely plausible. I just heard it on Geraldo's night time show, so if Adrian has the contacts to look into this, please do! I only decided to stick my neck out again on this because others were doing so, also, and if they're willing to try once again to find the truth about it, it seemed the least I can do.

Maeven and I discussed this on Purg, and here is one of here posts where she is talking to Sabreenakatz:(Maeven if you don't want this post copied here, let me know and I will have Moab remove it) …

| IP:
January 19, 2004, 7:52 pm Mon Jan 19 19:52:15 CST 2004

Spade
Moab
Ms. Spade and I also heard the enhanced 911 tape played on one of Geraldo's shows. He had a couple going at the same time. The listing shows at Burrelles but it IS NOT included in the transcript available from the same source. I would go along with KoldKase's explanation for how it disappeared.

I have several LE contacts that have listened to the tape and verify hearing the same voices as are described in the Bonita Papers and in ST's book.

I strongly suggest that LinWad take Mike Kane up on his offer(made on Abrams) to go to Boulder and listen to the tape together. When he does listen to the tape, it will be interesting to see if he is man enough to apologize to ST and the BPD. My guess is no. Bullies are cowards at heart.

All postings are the property of Spade and made under the presumption that all parties named therein are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Unless otherwise stated, such postings express the author's opinions only. Any reproduction outside the Forums for Justice forum is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the author.
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 8:07 pm Mon Jan 19 20:07:20 CST 2004

LurkerXIV
Adrian Monk,
As to which program I was listening to when I heard the enhanced call, I cannot say for sure. Since I turned on the TV in anticipation of the Clinton speech, which aired at 10pm, I would guess it was whatever program started at 9 pm. That would have been Geraldo, in my time zone.
| IP:
January 19, 2004, 8:16 pm Mon Jan 19 20:16:45 CST 2004

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two more, from Purgatory again, to follow....

Back to the forum Purgatory:

Quote:
To: SABREENAKATZ (36 of 39)
in reply to
That is exactly the case, Sabreena. I HEARD the enhanced version on Geraldo. I was so angry that I hadn't turned on my VCR and captured that particular show.
The next AM, the BPD threatened suit that GR had basically stolen evidence, and that all references to said voice clip must be erased. I went to the transcript site, and both the tape and the transcript had the entire episode taken out.
I am STILL kicking that one. When they showed that night in reruns, they said NOTHING except the evidence was stolen, and as an ongoing case, it was held evidence, and not for public consumption.
Whatta CROCK!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The poster RTE at Purg was also Janphi at JW, then changed to Ninavanhorn at purg; she wrote this at Purg:

To: HoraceMills unread (508 of 509)

2096.508 in reply to 2096.497

Can't you READ? I've never heard of a TV show called "Home Today." I would imagine that janphi wrote the same thing that Rte66 has written in the past and what ninavanhorn has posted here recently, since it's all the SAME story and it's the truth.
The afternoon that the 911 tape was broadcast on one of the tabloid-type TV newsertainment shows, such as either "American Journal" or "Inside Edition," the poster watched and listened to it. It ran twice within the segment.

Later that day, like 6pm or 7pm, somewhere in that time range, the poster happened to be talking on the phone to a LOCAL news producer at a LOCAL TV station about some business they were working on. During that phone conversation with the LOCAL news producer, the poster brought up the 911 tape story she had just seen and heard.

It must have been on the same station that the producer worked for, because the producer had also seen the story. It was somewhat of a big deal to those of us who only followed the Ramsey case through the media at that time. The poster ASKED the producer WHY, since it was such a big deal, it had not made the later LOCAL (or even national) news programs following the playing of it, for supposedly the first time--maybe just the first time with the enhancement.

She didn't know, but said she wondered the same thing and that she would call around and find out why it wasn't running as a featured story. She SPECULATED that maybe the story was pulled for some unknown reason, such as a legality, because it was certainly newsworthy enough to be covered widely. The poster did NOT call any national producers of the tabloid-type show. It didn't matter that much to the poster, except that she was very puzzled as to WHY it didn't make the news anywhere else.

I'm thinking now that it was probably "American Journal" (long since canceled) and it was probably the CBS affiliate's producer that the poster was talking to, since she was also a friend of the poster's--but I can't be certain about that any more. The poster talked to many different TV news people during the course of a business day, both LOCAL and national, even global--but she NEVER had any reason to talk to any tabloid TV newsertainment people at that point in time.

The subject of the 911 tape never came up again, in relation to that show, until the poster was on a JBR forum.

Thanks KK for taking the time to post this for all of us. I know for a fact that I heard it on "Geraldos" MORNING show...the one that used to come on..and the one where he had white supremist on there, and one threw a chair at him and broke his nose. The enhanced 911 tape was not on the same segment as the white supremist (sp?) of course...but, it was that same morning show. Apparently it was repeated again that night, as well as featured on "Hard Copy", or a similar show.

Thanks KK for taking the time to post this for all of us. I know for a fact that I heard it on "Geraldos" MORNING show...the one that used to come on..and the one where he had white supremist on there, and one threw a chair at him and broke his nose. The enhanced 911 tape was not on the same segment as the white supremist (sp?) of course...but, it was that same morning show. Apparently it was repeated again that night, as well as featured on "Hard Copy", or a similar show.

Could the Geraldo show have aired at different times in different areas?? Maybe Ames' local TV showed it in the AM and others saw it at another time?? I think Jerry Springer(not that I watch him) is on at different times, depending on the channel.

Yes.

Thankyou KoldKase for posting all that info ...
my brain is spinning ....

This is on a different note. I still can't log on to FFJ and wondered if anyone knew why we can't reregister. There was a great thread called Whackadoodles 3 and one of the last posts was a copy of a picture that Miki had posted on another thread in response to Evening 2, wondering if Santa Claus could have been JMK.

I love Miki - You can't get anymore out there. Well you can, as Evening has proven, but Miki is just a riot.

If anyone knows about FFJ, be interested in hearing.

Thank you all.

Solace or Right on the Money:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84