Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's been a long journey, but a worthwhile one.
Thank you for fellow WS who have shared this journey seeking justice for Allison Baden Clay.
It has been a wonderful online community to be part of.
Bye for now.
Strong message for the legal community and the general community.
Deeply satisfied with High Court Decision today.
My sense of justice has been restored.

Need time away to digest all of this.
Will be back later.

:seeya:

Couldn't agree more. You have echoed my sentiments exactly.
This WS community has been awesome.
Thank you so much in particular to you, Fuskier, for your insights, thoughts and updates.
Take care.
See you at the roundabout. :loveyou:

I was driving when I heard the news. Had to pull over, before I scared everyone on the road...

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

Thank you one and all for your company over the last 4 years. See y'all in another thread.

:loveyou: :loveyou:

Could someone please clarify for me what a "life sentence" actually means - particularly in this case. Is 15 years a minimum or a maximum?

"A term of life imprisonment means imprisonment for the duration of an offender’s natural life. However, courts can set a non-parole period, after which the offender may apply to be released from prison on parole. A person will remain under sentence even after release from prison on parole if he or she received a term of life imprisonment."
https://www.sentencingcouncil.vic.gov.au/about-sentencing/sentencing-options-for-adults/imprisonment

"He will not be eligible for parole until 2027."
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...n/news-story/ddc06f6f69bca0cb059ea50ecc25cd26

So glad to hear the news! Hugs to all and love to Alison's family xoxoxo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2027 is not that far away. I am dreading that he will be back in town and may even contact the girls...

Biggest mistake GBC made was testifying. So full of himself that he insisted being in the box. I will forever remember his demeanor and bs

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Crims arent allowed to make money from their crimes, are they?

Not directly no. I wouldn't put it past that family to cash in on it though. ��

May Allison finally rest peacefully.

I remember waking up to hear of Allisons murder some 4 years ago. My partner and I were on our way to Johannesburg to a very remote area which would make internet connection difficult. As silly as it may sound my thoughts were only for this lady on arrival (yep crazy....no game drives...just ... Websleuths). My gift to Allison is to honour her life was to acknowledge every single post offered by so many wonderful people xxxxxx

Biggest mistake GBC made was testifying. So full of himself that he insisted being in the box. I will forever remember his demeanor and bs

that was such a terrific moment, when , against all the odds and I will believe to my dying day, against all the legal advice available to him , he shrugged it all off and walked to the stand.

Well. I cried with joy when he did that. Because he was a man who lost all restraint when the opportunity to perform came his way. Gerard loves an audience, and his default position is that every one else is a fool, only he has the goods, but his ace card was his utter immovable faith that he , and only he , not his barrister, not his sister, not Bwana , only Gerard had the brains, the charm , the guts, the sheer irresistible capacity to weave a story and make it believable.

Of course, the reality was, , always was, he didn't have any of these attributes. None of them. He is a man completely fooled by his own public relations. There would be quite a few folk in Brisbane who would have recognised the scammer that they knew as Gerard in the dock those days.. all the women he played, all the men he snookered.

Those long hours when he was telling the jury, well. .. he was supposed to be telling the jury , but I suspect Gerard had an imaginary audience in view, about his 'hard , hard work ' in the early years of his marriage, he was only stopped from breastfeeding due to impracticality, but he did everything else, folks. Yes, Gerard, the Slave, and then there was Gerard the Genius, and Gerard the Mediator, and Gerard the Businessman Extraordinaire.... One never knew which Gerard it would be from sentence to sentence...

But the general overall impression, once it was all boiled down was, Gerard was a pig. a Pig of a man, a pig of a father, a pig of a extramarital squeeze, a pig of a businessman, a pig of a driver, even. There wasn't anything left after that inevitable conclusion was reached. Now he can be a pig of a prisoner, and I bet he is, too. Hard times for the rest of the blokes in that prison, because Gerard has 20 years or more to corner them and tell his tale again, and again, and again, and again, and.. but you get my drift.....

Hey all!
Good to see familiar faces today!:drumroll:

I feel a bit emotional. I think that nobody will ever make such an arse of themselves and testify the way GBC did, ever again. Through showing his true character, by testifying, he has made an example of what an Insurance Salesman's son with a pathology of greed might be capable of. Fathers of sociopaths will never let their sons make the same mistake. Nigel was asleep at the wheel, with his womenfolk swathed in purple oscillating around him. It has all been bizarre and may the lovely Allison know we are all embracing her.

Oh Trooper, hello!
Same wavelength.

proud to be on the same wavelength with the poss..

Even Olivia was a terrible useless actress. She couldn't disguise her viciousness nor her vindictiveness, and her attempts to take the public arena with those ghastly pretend efforts at being baffled, telling us how much 'she loved Al'... she was up for the game from the morning of Alison's disappearance, trying to pull rank on the coppers, directing traffic and beginning rumours, begging some mythical person to 'bring Alison back;'..... she was a sickmaking personality and finally someone must have told her so, because she stopped calling press conferences some time ago.

I'd like to see Olivia do a bit of jail time for all that wasted public time. Nothing big, just inconvenient.

Yes BreakingNews …… at the very beginning when he first took the stand I can remember thinking that he didn’t look at all like he was in possession of full mental capacity; however, after a little while he was in full swing ……. acting the grieving husband, crying on cue, downing his provision of water and continually tapping his cup on the desk signalling his requirement for more water.

His controlling behaviour was made further evident in his claims to be responsible for the achievements of Toni McHugh, his employees and friends …. Unbelievable!

A Reporter outside the prison tonight on TV said he has been described as a model prisoner.
It appears that Baden Clay’s behaviour only reflects his desire to appear ‘normal’ ….. successful on some fronts, but …………….so destructive and criminal on the rest.

OH how pleased am I to see he got his just desserts.
:happydance::jail::jail::jail::happydance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back