Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief !

On the Channel 7 Brisbane news tonight they had a segment about the senior BC selling their house. Showing all the real estate photos from the online ad. I think it's a bit ridiculous now having this as a news item ! Who cares !

I care about the children's welfare, not GBC's future.

Gerard Baden-Clay, consummate salesman, narcissist and killer

However, Mrs Baden-Clay’s mother Priscilla Dickie told police of once seeing bruises on her daughter’s body.
“I was at Allison’s house. Gerard wasn’t home. Allison showed me some bruising … I have never known Allison to be an easy bruiser,” Mrs Dickie said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...man-narcissist-and-killer-20140719-zuw3w.html

ALLISON Baden-Clay will become the face of family violence in a new campaign to reduce the shocking rate of murders in the home.

A foundation to be launched this week in the mum-of-three’s name will educate people about warning signs of emotional and physical abuse.

It has the support of her family and big name backing, with former governor-general Dame Quentin Bryce to be the patron.

Allison Baden-Clay will become the face of family violence campaign
DAVID MURRAY
THE COURIER-MAIL
JULY 29, 2015 12:00AM

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/qu...iolence-campaign/story-fnn8dlfs-1227460924632

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breaking news
Baden-Clay group tips hat to Rosie Batty

ROSIE Batty's invaluable work bringing family violence out from behind closed doors inspired a new foundation named after murdered Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay.
THE Allison Baden-Clay Foundation, to be launched on Friday, will work alongside the 2015 Australian of the Year and other anti-violence campaigners.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...t-to-rosie-batty/story-e6frfku9-1227463218544

@KateKyriacou: The bridge lit up for Allison Baden-Clay as a foundation is launched in her name. http://t.co/6eZNSERh7a

I don't know how to add a picture. The Story Bridge in Brisbane is lit up with YELLOW lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of our local WSers going??

Remembering Ann-Louise Savage worked alongside the other backstabbers at the c-21 Office. Mmmm, typical choice Nig.

We won't forget your performance with your daughter on the stand Nig!!!

If it's sold will we see another Grannie pash & grope in celebration?

Property No. 120310201
16 Durness Street Kenmore Qld 4069
Show Page Visits
Mortgage Calculator
Auction
Estimate loan repayments
Bedrooms 4 Bathrooms 2 Car Spaces 2 House
Auction: Sat 22-Aug-15 12:30PMSave to Calendar

Ann-Louise Savage
0407 224 ...
View profile
Dixon Family Estate Agents - Toowong
628 Coronation Drive
Toowong, Qld 4066
View Agency Profile
Email Agent

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-after-allison-badenclay-20150802-gipvgf.html

An Ipswich bridge in the favourite hue of Allison Baden-Clay will become a permanent memorial to the Queensland mother, killed by her husband in a crime that shocked the state.
Police Minister and Ipswich MP Jo-Anne Miller said she had spoken with Allison's parents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, about declaring the bright yellow pedestrian bridge in her electorate 'Allison's Bridge' during last week's launch of the foundation established in her honour.
The bridge over the Ipswich motorway will also serve as a permanent reminder of domestic violence, Ms Miller said.

I feel quite uncomfortable about this bridge being named after ABC. She has become some sort of 'celebrity' since her death. There are many more woman who have been killed in and around Brisbane and Queensland just this year alone through domestic violence. I'm not sure we should be singling one out like this. I personally find it a bit disrespectful to the others victims. Like their life wasn't as important.
Apologies if that offends anyone :(

Both this link and the one that Oz Jen posted are behind a paywall. Is it possible for one of you to paraphrase from the article so that we can get the gist of it?

Sure...Baden-Clay's house was surrounded the night before his arrest because the police feared for the children's safety.

POLICE secretly surrounded Gerard Baden-Clay's home on the night before his arrest, fearing he could harm his young children. ... The covert operation, which can be revealed ahead of his appeal this week.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-after-allison-badenclay-20150802-gipvgf.html

An Ipswich bridge in the favourite hue of Allison Baden-Clay will become a permanent memorial to the Queensland mother, killed by her husband in a crime that shocked the state.
Police Minister and Ipswich MP Jo-Anne Miller said she had spoken with Allison's parents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, about declaring the bright yellow pedestrian bridge in her electorate 'Allison's Bridge' during last week's launch of the foundation established in her honour.
The bridge over the Ipswich motorway will also serve as a permanent reminder of domestic violence, Ms Miller said.

I feel quite uncomfortable about this bridge being named after ABC. She has become some sort of 'celebrity' since her death. There are many more woman who have been killed in and around Brisbane and Queensland just this year alone through domestic violence. I'm not sure we should be singling one out like this. I personally find it a bit disrespectful to the others victims. Like their life wasn't as important.
Apologies if that offends anyone :(

I think the idea is to get away from the bridge where Allison was found because it is causing some traffic issues. I would like to see this new bridge called Allison's Bridge rather than ABC.

Thanks TGY. Also in that article was a reference to GBC saying he had no intention to self-harm.

Sure...Baden-Clay's house was surrounded the night before his arrest because the police feared for the children's safety.

POLICE secretly surrounded Gerard Baden-Clay's home on the night before his arrest, fearing he could harm his young children. ... The covert operation, which can be revealed ahead of his appeal this week.

Is this going to be the page for the appeal for this Friday the 6th or will they start a new page?

Is this going to be the page for the appeal for this Friday the 6th or will they start a new page?

This will be the thread for the appeal on Friday. I'll create a new continuation thread if need be and will let everyone know in advance with the link to the new thread.

(it certainly sounds like the house was bugged.......Self harm?! All about himself again. The police were worried out the children!!)

As this article is behind a paywall I'll paraphrase as well as I can. Here I go....

Police spent the night secretly hidden around GBC's house fearing he was going to harm the children the night before his arrest and were under orders to storm the house if his three daughters were in danger. They remained there until morning when he left the home for work.

This secret operation can be revealed ahead of his appeal this week was arranged after police ramped up pressure with approaches to family members who had been his biggest supporters.

On the day before his arrest, detectives had flown to Townsville to present almost all of their evidence to his sister Olivia Walton and simultaneously, approached his parents Nigel and Elaine in Brisbane in a final bid to draw out more information.

Detectives arrested Baden-Clay in the Toowong Tower carpark on June 13, 2012, as he left work at his office at C-21 to pick up his daughters from school, and charged him with the murder of his wife Allison, 43.

He was convicted of murder in July last year after a five-week trial and sentenced to life imprisonment.(I just had to bold this sentence, it just sounds so gooood)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227466222500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member