German satellite expected to hit Earth on weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am very close to someone who works for Space Command and will be monitoring this and everything else in space and our atmosphere and then some. This happens more than you think ;)

The amount of stuff in space is incredible and eventually they come down...especially when their life is up.

I guess they only tell us when it's significant weight

I am very close to someone who works for Space Command and will be monitoring this and everything else in space and our atmosphere and then some. This happens more than you think ;)

The amount of stuff in space is incredible and eventually they come down...especially when their life is up.

"Monitoring" doesn't help a whole lot at this point with this particular satellite, does it? Just saying...

Seems this satellite is sticking to the old theory of what goes up, must come down! Cool there is a link to watch it!

I just went to a link on fox news........over Africa???? old or new news????

"Monitoring" doesn't help a whole lot at this point with this particular satellite, does it? Just saying...

everything in our orbits and atmosphere are monitored 24/7. it is just par for the course. not a matter of "helping" but tracking/monitoring is just part of the job. it cant be predicted where it will fall because there are so many factors involved...the orbit, where it enters the atmosphere, the pull of gravity and so on.

just saying that crap falls from space ALL the time (every week, some say every day) however, many burn up in reentry before hitting the earth. we just don't hear about it often.

i was not making lite of it, obviously if it falls in a populated area that is not good...and it is interesting for us civilians to be able to track it ourselves.

This thread has such DOOM potential.

I started reading from the first post and the whole time I am thinking WOW. What if this thing hit Fukushima's melting down fuel rods.

Map is showing over the indian ocean .

It's getting ready to pass the Marshall Islands. It's gonna pass north America altogether. I wouldn't want to live in Africa!

Best tracker yet!

http://www.n2yo.com/space-station/

This site shows split screens. One is tracking, the other has live video of it. North America will not be affected, and chances are, it will land in an ocean.

I want to be a satellite when I grow up. This thing has travelled the world. It's in Yemen now.

Tracking
http://www.n2yo.com/?s=34602

http://www.ibtimes.com/europes-1-to...ight-scientists-clueless-where-it-would-crash

“A small fraction of the initial spacecraft mass – about 20% or 200kg – is expected to reach ground, distributed across dozens of fragments, spread over a sizable re-entry ground swath,” Klinkrad said in a blog post.

He affirmed that the odds of people being hit by a GOCE fragment were remote, adding that no man-made space objects that have re-entered Earth’s atmosphere have caused injury to humans.

I wonder if it's viable to to naked eye yet?

They just said on the latest link that they would let them know when the 6 hour run is up? What does this mean?

I can't make out the tracker. I just looked and it looked like it was in the Asian islands?
How fast does it travel?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back