Germany Germany - Dirk Schiller, 3, Harz, 10 March 1979

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noticed on the first post (utube video...right in the beginning)there is a good shot of parts of the baby's ear.. Well the top part of ear anyway..

Faces change in unpredictable ways from childhood to adulthood, and I would not be able to tell one way or the other whether Roberto and Dirk are the same person. But the shapes of the eyes and mouth are similar, and the creases in the cheeks are similar too. They both have straight eyebrows.

The shape of their earlobes is similar also, but I cannot see enough of their ears to be able to say for sure.

The only way we could know for sure would be to get a DNA sample.

So sad, I hope your son comes home to you very soon. My prayers are with you.

babylon "translation" of article with a few edits of my own to make it make sense:

He is Roberto, the grandson of the former DDR-chairman, Erich Honecker. The man lives with mother Margot in Chile and earns money as a musician. Heidi Stein recognizes son Dirk (who disappeared in 1979), but Roberto wants to know nothing of it so far. Yesterday, the recorded video was shown first in Isenbüttel. "Later, it (will) then perhaps (be shown) even on television" reports Stein.

A private broadcaster had offered to research the story more closely: "Show Roberto the video and ask him for a DNA-sample". Stone is already excited. "Perhaps I can even fly to Chile!"

Her son Dirk disappeared in 1979 a family holiday in the eastern Harz Mountains; a body was never found. Stein believes up to today her son was kidnapped by the Stasi (the secret police of east Germany).

I do believe that Roberto is Dirk. I don't know why exactly, except the fact of who his grandparents were and that he looks exactly like Dirk, but I guess that is a good enough reason.

hello, well,true,there´s more reasons to believe Dirk was abducted by order(Margot Honecker=stasi):
there´s no evidence Dirk has drowned,Stasi (secret service) came to that place while police was searching and they have tried to convence me he was dead (6 months later after Dirk went missing Stasi wanted me to sign his death certificate) and they also wrote in the files Dirk went missing in Hungary in 1983, and that couple, the only one witnesses ´names has been deleted from the files and I´ve never met them personally,so the whole file is fake :maddening::banghead:

hinterkopf-knochen.jpg

x-ray of Dirk Schiller as he was 15 months old:

skull bone defect at the back of the head of 2 x 2 fingers at the transition Kalottendefekt parieto-occipital) "
in the back of the head (between the parietal and occipital) reveals a hole in the skull bones (size corresponds approximately to the width and height of the space of two fingers),
Such defects are usually harmless.
and 2 photographs of Roberto:

Attachments

• 10517_1255254185649_4642708_n.jpgroberto.jpg
    10517_1255254185649_4642708_n.jpgroberto.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 181824_4236488714649_767195193_n.jpg
    181824_4236488714649_767195193_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 52
I know in either argentinia or Chile there is a programme that tries to reunite children, stolen from political prisoners/murder victims and given to those in favour, with their families. maybe they could be of assistance. If a crime is suspected then the police may be able to insist dirk give a dna sample. There have also been stpries of similar things happen in spain during the franco era, perhaps there is an organisation there that could help. You culd contact amnesty international and see if they could put uoy in touch with appropriate organisations.

I know in either argentinia or Chile there is a programme that tries to reunite children, stolen from political prisoners/murder victims and given to those in favour, with their families. maybe they could be of assistance. If a crime is suspected then the police may be able to insist dirk give a dna sample. There have also been stpries of similar things happen in spain during the franco era, perhaps there is an organisation there that could help. You culd contact amnesty international and see if they could put uoy in touch with appropriate organisations.

thank you Brit! yes , in Argentina there´s the grandmas of the "plaza de mayo", if this is what you mean, but they will only help finding missing(abducted) children and people of the militar junta, the dictator government from 30 years ago!
In my son´s case german police won´t do anything , in Chile is different, a lawyer can help to get an DNA example! (this could be the only way for me,but I do need a sponsor, etc,,,,)
I did contact amnesty international long time ago, they haven´t been able to help!

thank you Brit! yes , in Argentina there´s the grandmas of the "plaza de mayo", if this is what you mean, but they will only help finding missing(abducted) children and people of the militar junta, the dictator government from 30 years ago!
In my son´s case german police won´t do anything , in Chile is different, a lawyer can help to get an DNA example! (this could be the only way for me,but I do need a sponsor, etc,,,,)I did contact amnesty international long time ago, they haven´t been able to help!

bbm

What does this mean? You need a sponsor? A lawyer in Chile who would be willing to help? or someone to provide funds to hire a lawyer in Chile?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back