Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Olive Press.

A GERMAN court has quashed an arrest warrant that was issued for Madeleine Mccann suspect Christian Brueckner for a series of alleged sexual assaults and rapes.

It means the paedophile and rapist, who is currently on trial for said crimes, could be freed within months.

A judge at Braunschweig Court agreed with Brueckner’s defence that there was not enough evidence to keep him behind bars for five separate sex offences.
Ute Engemann believes that the evidence in the case of three rapes and two child abuse cases is not strong enough.

This is despite the German expat being caught exposing himself to a group of children in Portugal in 2017.

This afternoon a press release was issued by the court announcing that the warrant had been quashed.

The document says that ‘the Chamber cancels the arrest warrant.’

It adds: “In proceedings 2 KLs 213 Js 52790/18 (15/22) in connection with five acts against sexual self-determination, the Chamber revoked the arrest warrant at the request of the Defence because the Chamber denies an urgent suspicion of all charges.”

The move is almost certain to be appealed and will cause huge controversy.

Today one of the witnesses Helge Busching told the Olive Press: “This makes a total mockery of German justice.

“It’s taken years off my life and now they want to set this sick man free?”

German Busching, who lived for many years in Spain and Portugal, had helped to convict Brueckner of the rape of an American pensioner Diana Menkes, in 2005.

The seven-year sentence comes to an end next year but he could be freed earlier. Busching spent three years in witness protection.

In that case, in Praia da Luz, where Madeleine went missing in 2007, police found a hair in the 71-year-old victim’s bedroom.

The hair, which had been kept in a crime storage box, matched Brucekner’s DNA.

She had been sadistically beaten and raped during a three hour ordeal which he filmed.

The lawyer of Irish rape victim Hazel Behan described the court’s decision today as a ‘very bad signal’. Hazel has declined to comment so far.

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters is away on a three-week holiday and is unavailable for comment.

It is likely that a quick decision will now be made on whether to prosecute Brueckner over the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

This is despite prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters indicating to the Olive Press that a trial wouldn’t be until next year.

The court last week confirmed Brueckner’s legal team had applied to get the arrest warrant overturned.
His lawyer Friedrich Fulscher said he could soon be released from prison if it proved successful.

“If it is overturned and he is ultimately acquitted, he would be released in spring next year at the latest,” he told Sky News.

He added: “I am sure this will be granted. I can’t imagine it any other way.

“After the evidence had been taken, not a single accusation had been substantiated in such a way that one can speak of a suspicion of an offence.”

“It’s taken years off my life and now they want to set this sick man free?”

Busching made it all about himself and not the victims. Disappointing.

“The important difference the news makes is that we now know that he, our client, will be not found guilty of these sex offence charges,” Marquort said.
“This is because if the court had decided to convict him for one, two, three, four or five of the charges, they could not have revoked the order of arrest.”
“But instead, we are reaching the end of this trial, and all of the major evidence has been heard, and now the court made the decision to revoke the arrest warrant, which is a reflection of how lacking the evidence against our client is.”
“And based on this, I believe they probably won’t then even place any charges against my client in relation to the Maddie case.”

Does this mean the trial will be abandoned
AFAIK the trial is ongoing, nearing its end.
His legal team believe he will be acquitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mex
this was the risk of bringing these cases first. i am guessing these were the strongest cases as well.

i’m sceptical we’ll see charges on MM

this was the risk of bringing these cases first. i am guessing these were the strongest cases as well.

i’m sceptical we’ll see charges on MM
Wolters has said that if anyone heard the evidence he has then they too would agree that CB murdered Maddie....it's time he showed his hand..even if it's not enough to convict

An interesting point is that if CB is released....will he reoffend

According to the Olive HCW is on holiday, the Bild have talked to him.

Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters is away on a three-week holiday and is unavailable for comment.

"We will examine the justification of the decision and then decide how we will proceed," prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters announced to BILD.

An interesting point is that if CB is released....will he reoffend
I would think almost certainly if he gets the opportunity, but his notoriety might inhibit that .
He's a marked man and will be pulled in for questioning whenever anything happens in his area - one of the usual suspects.

Even the case where he was detained at the scene wasn't strong enough?

“The important difference the news makes is that we now know that he, our client, will be not found guilty of these sex offence charges,” Marquort said.
“This is because if the court had decided to convict him for one, two, three, four or five of the charges, they could not have revoked the order of arrest.”
“But instead, we are reaching the end of this trial, and all of the major evidence has been heard, and now the court made the decision to revoke the arrest warrant, which is a reflection of how lacking the evidence against our client is.”
“And based on this, I believe they probably won’t then even place any charges against my client in relation to the Maddie case.”

Wasn't the trial originally scheduled to have been concluded by the end of June 2024? I think there is only a certain amount of time in Germany that a suspect can be detained under an arrest warrant. FF and his team have been responsible for some delays since the warrant was issued (appealing jurisdiction, introduction of new witnesses) so I believe prosecution will have grounds to appeal the revocation of the arrest warrant.

According to the Olive HCW is on holiday, the Bild have talked to him.

"We will examine the justification of the decision and then decide how we will proceed," prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters announced to BILD.
So are you saying that HCW did not want to talk to JC but with Bild?

So are you saying that HCW did not want to talk to JC but with Bild?
According to this article Sascha Rüegg commented ..

“ In response to the announcement the arrest warrant was being lifted, Prosecutor Sascha Rüegg said: "We will examine the explanation for the decision and then decide how to go forward. “

Last edited:
“We will examine the reasons for the decision and then decide how to proceed," public prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters told BILD.”
The dailymail also reported about an appeal

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back