Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I agree - if he’s released there is a grave danger to the public, especially to children & vulnerable people. Perhaps not initially but within a couple of years I wouldn’t be surprised if he was adding convictions 19 & 20 to his rap sheet. He’s a serial offender & nothing has stopped him from reoffending.

I think the defence have tried to paint a picture of him as a deteriorating ‘victim’, trying to garner some sympathy for the judges. It’s a clever move. CB could quite easily turn up everyday looking polished but they’ve chosen for him not to. In contrast the victims have been strong, well kept & bold.

I see the appeals as a positive development because if there was an element of bias, the appeals will have pulled attention on the judges & would create a more balanced trial. I think 4 very experienced defence lawyers all running 1 case, will likely be something the local court is not used to.
If he's released it will because he will have served his time and been cleared in the five cases, fortunately we're not locking people up for reasons apart from guilt.

The converse applies as well. Just because someone is found guilty of a crime doesn't mean that they actually are guilty, merely that it has been so determined by that court.
Think of all the miscarriages of justice that have been shown to have occurred over the years
Agree - that’s why I think these 5 cases will be locked in appeals & motions well into next year. It won’t be over in October.

There’ll always be a correlation between thoughts on the prosecution in general & a person’s opinion in the MM case. That’ll also play into legally/factually innocent debate.

When there’s a final outcome to the 5 cases, it needs accepting. Just as we’ve all accepted CB’s conviction in the DM case. Can’t be both ways I’m afraid.

Agree - that’s why I think these 5 cases will be locked in appeals & motions well into next year. It won’t be over in October.

There’ll always be a correlation between thoughts on the prosecution in general & a person’s opinion in the MM case. That’ll also play into legally/factually innocent debate.

When there’s a final outcome to the 5 cases, it needs accepting. Just as we’ve all accepted CB’s conviction in the DM case. Can’t be both ways I’m afraid.
Quite, one must always accept the verdict of the court - until overruled by a higher court.

So... any info on what happened in today's trial? TIA! 1722873607280.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back